Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
...Veterans fought and died for it.
Question: Do we call the ones who died in battle 'veterans' too?

Did anyone see the movie 'The Fan'? Things can get into your head and be self destructive. Sometimes all you need is a 'club' to join into to trigger something your inner 'crazy'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
OP, what is the purpose of your thread anyway? It seriously is getting weird.

Today is Veteran's day in case you forgot. Kindness still matters.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
OP, what is the purpose of your thread anyway? It seriously is getting weird.

Today is Veteran's day in case you forgot. Kindness still matters.
You mean taking a side and asking legitimate questions on a debatable matter is weird? Hmm.

Im fully aware of the federal holiday and im tempted to count the number of seconds the internet videos spend on deskjockeys and other roles not risking their lives necessarily.

The purpose is maybe to understand some people and the entitlements and the recognition they expect. Respect, awareness, gratitude, charitable giving are some of the few things i personally think are finite resources especially in this fast paced world, so its important to reduce waste and focus on who truly deserve special treatment.

Maybe we can also reduce the number of roadhog bikers if certain individuals' sense of pride and accomplishments drop down a notch or two

Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
You mean taking a side and asking legitimate questions on a debatable matter is weird? Hmm.

Im fully aware of the federal holiday and im tempted to count the number of seconds the internet videos spend on deskjockeys and other roles not risking their lives necessarily.

The purpose is maybe to understand some people and the entitlements and the recognition they expect. Respect, awareness, gratitude, charitable giving are some of the few things i personally think are finite resources especially in this fast paced world, so its important to reduce waste and focus on who truly deserve special treatment.

Maybe we can also reduce the number of roadhog bikers if certain individuals' sense of pride and accomplishments drop down a notch or two
yes, I feel it is kind of weird because you are taking your own thread to a completely different direction.

You remind me of an annoying relative of mine who always have to make a point, even on somebody's birthday.

I started to think you are the one who has a problem, not your relative.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 AM

hmm I'm pretty sure you had your part in the discussion's change in direction. Let me try it out...

[I'm starting to think] there's something really wrong with overly sentimental and too-emotional-involved people. This is not directed at you, lilyflower3191981

Quote:
yes, I feel it is kind of weird because you are taking your own thread to a completely different direction.

You remind me of an annoying relative of mine who always have to make a point, even on somebody's birthday.

I started to think you are the one who has a problem, not your relative.

Quote:
I don't think "MOST" military people are angry at all. Anti-military speech is fake outrage. I've never seen homeless, mentally ill, crazy, dumb, jobless vets my whole life.

Most of the anti-military posts usually have one of the three back stories..

1. Poster was denied entry into the military and is bitter about it

2. Poster has been dishonorably discharged from the military and is bitter about it

3. Poster's girlfriend ran off with a military man.

I am not implying our op is like this. This post is not directed at op.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
hmm I'm pretty sure you had your part in the discussion's change in direction. Let me try it out...

[I'm starting to think] there's something really wrong with overly sentimental and emotional-involved people. This is not directed at you, lilyflower3191981
hmm obviously opinion varies.

Again, not sure which direction you want to take YOUR thread to? Maybe you can clue me in.

Again, you can come back say your last words, I know you will.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
hmm obviously opinion varies.

Again, not sure which direction you want to take YOUR thread to? Maybe you can clue me in.

Again, you can come back say your last words, I know you will.
whut? can you please quote the part in order to avoid confusion ya you clue me in

Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Let's just stop right there. Parsing adds nothing substantive. Today is Veteran's Day. Veterans are anyone who honorably served in the military.

Is that so difficult a concept for some of you to grasp? If so, I doubt you ever served.

End of discussion!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Let's just stop right there. Parsing adds nothing substantive. Today is Veteran's Day. Veterans are anyone who honorably served in the military.
it would be nicer if you stopped here.

but nooooo, you had to imply serving the military in whatever role is so sacred so youre holier than the rest
question: are the service records publicly accessible?

Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
it would be nicer if you stopped here.

but nooooo, you had to imply serving the military in whatever role is so sacred so youre holier than the rest
question: are the service records publicly accessible?
If that's the way you feel, thanks to veterans, you're free to expat yourself anytime now. Why wait? Or are you just another who wants to call attention to yourself by being contrary? What a punk and gutless way to live, standing for nothing but trying to denigrate those who do/did.

Tap! Tap! Tap! Waiting to be "punished" here for actually standing up for something, especially for veterans today!

At least have the good grace, Mods, to wait until tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies