Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
No.
you can say everyone is important, or everyone has a role or a job, but not everyone deserves the honor bestowed upon the key actors. As some have pointed out already, some people should just be on the sidelines with the civilians and enjoy the show - thats what some have been doing anyway.

I just feel as a civilian (like myself), I perhaps have no right judging any veterans because I don't know what they have been through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
With all due respect, By joining the military, each person knows that there is a significant chance he or she could end up fighting our nation’s wars where their outcome is unknown. While certain jobs may be considered more dangerous than another, one does not diminish the other. The military is a team effort and it does not succeed with out the combined force. Each and every veteran matters. Your brother in law does sound a bit annoying, I lol at the comment "he's extremely fat now" All joke aside, No matter the reason your bil joined the military, each veteran felt the need to serve his or her country, which is heroic enough in itself.

no?
Or put it another way. Every troop who completes Army basic training or Marine Corps boot camp is a rifleman. Regardless of what their MOS becomes, when push-comes-to-shove, they're a basic grunt and may have to operate like one. In that respect, they're all in the combat arms.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Or put it another way. Every troop who completes Army basic training or Marine Corps boot camp is a rifleman. Regardless of what their MOS becomes, when push-comes-to-shove, they're a basic grunt and may have to operate like one. In that respect, they're all in the combat arms.
well said.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I just feel as a civilian (like myself), I perhaps have no right judging any veterans because I don't know what they have been through.
This is obviously not about you. Noone is stopping you from giving everyone some love if youre into that kind of stuff. That could get annoying too though and definitely would screw it up for everyone else like you. Some moderation is always good.

At some point someone has to say 'Youre welcome." and move on and out of the queue and let's spend more of the resources for the ones who truly deserve it

Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM

16 posts, read 32,269 times
Quote:
Thanks but this is exactly the issue. Some people ARE "linemen" (a defense/offense field job), some only see themselves as "linemen in theory" but they do not really directly support a mission or is part of 'the game/fight'. simply put not all military guys are players, so please stop this type of analogy
watch "The fan"
This is only an issue to those who view this topic with ignorance. The entire team wins and loses as one, correct? Or do those who serve in more direct roles get a win regardless for the sake of stroking their ego.

The same way that not every grunt/combat troop is a player, there is very little difference in those who do not have the role to participate in direct roles.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
This is obviously not about you. Noone is stopping you from giving everyone some love if youre into that kind of stuff. That could get annoying too though and definitely would screw it up for everyone else like you. Some moderation is always good.

At some point someone has to say 'Youre welcome." and move on and out of the queue and let's spend more of the resources for the ones who truly deserve it
So saying "I don't think I should judge anybody especially I don't know what they have been through" =
"giving everybody some love"? = That (not judging) could get annoying ? Got it.

I think at this moment, we just have to agree to disagree. My brother's Marine Corps mos is 0321 look that up. I don't give anybody free love if they don't deserve it. =)

For example, I don't and won't give your brother in law any "love", (if you don't recall, let me remind you that I am the one of the few feel he is a bit annoying) but I STILL don't feel I need to judge him because his behavior won't bother me.

It gets annoying when people are just so easily offended. I'd let him be. But then again, it is just me =)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-12-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 AM

16 posts, read 32,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
I believe only the Marine Corps emphasizes that every Marine is a rifleman. The Army is much too large for this to be true.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 PM

139 posts, read 351,542 times
anyone who goes into the military makes a sacrifice. whether it be time away from family,career, friends or your hometown. whether you see combat or not is beyond the vet's control. you are still aveteran and you did make some sacrifice. some just make a bigger sacrifice than others

Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavadog23 View Post
This is only an issue to those who view this topic with ignorance. The entire team wins and loses as one, correct? Or do those who serve in more direct roles get a win regardless for the sake of stroking their ego.

The same way that not every grunt/combat troop is a player, there is very little difference in those who do not have the role to participate in direct roles.
I think you are ignorant on how the sports industry work, so just stop it.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinut74 View Post
anyone who goes into the military makes a sacrifice. whether it be time away from family,career, friends or your hometown. whether you see combat or not is beyond the vet's control. you are still aveteran and you did make some sacrifice. some JUST make a bigger sacrifice than others
thats a slap in the face to those who truly faced danger IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies