Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

The only people who are having their plans canceled are people who had half assed plans to begin with. These same people can get better coverage with a better price through the exchanges.

People who had no insurance before can now qualify for Medicaid or subsidies. This law did so much more good than bad and there is NO going back to the inhumane system we had before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:58 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
The only people who are having their plans canceled are people who had half assed plans to begin with. These same people can get better coverage with a better price through the exchanges.

People who had no insurance before can now qualify for Medicaid or subsidies. This law did so much more good than bad and there is NO going back to the inhumane system we had before.
Yep. It's doing so much good that they can't even get the website to work. It's doing so good that the person who is forcing this down everyone's throats just admitted he misled people.

If that is considered good I am scared to see what you consider bad

Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:

Not remotely true. I had a GREAT plan, a PPO, that had no caps, none of that shady crap. It had $5000 max out of pocket for my family. I paid around $800/month for it. Expensive, yes but I chose that plan specifically because I wanted stronger coverage. It didn't have the maternity rider. I can't physically have children anymore.

My new choices? Well, I do not qualify for a subsidy. There are four insurance companies that sell individual insurance in our country now. Others had to pull out - something you see all over this country now due to Obamacare. I need a PPO because my daughter had an incredibly rare tumor in her head that less than five doctors in this country can deal with. That narrowed by choice to one company. Closest is the gold plan even though the coverage, out of pocket, and deductibles are worse. My max out of pocket now is $10,000. Even though it's a PPO, it's not a true PPO. You're only true in-network for one hospital. Anyone else, including the doctors, is considered a second tier in-network with even higher out of pockets costs.

Given my costs annually, I've done the math. I get worse coverage now for about $9,800 more out of pocket per year. Yes, I hit the max out of pocket every year. Ever dealt with a tumor in your head? You hit the out of pocket maximums when you do.

So, that's TOTAL crap that my plan was bad. It was flipping great and for you to come on here and continue to spout these lies is disgusting. To sum it up, you're wrong!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:

umm, my plan had no limit, no annual caps, could not be cancelled for claims history, was issued by the premier carrier in my state, the one with the best record and reputation for honest claims payments, and...

it paid 80% after the deductible, while my new ObamaJunk policy only pays 50% after the deductible;

it had an $1800 deductible per person, instead of $2500 like my new ObamaJunk policy;

it had a combined family total out of pocket expense limit of $9,000 per year for deductibles and coinsurance, unlike my new ObamaJunk policy which can nick me for $12,700.

So, yeah, 50% payout on benefits, higher deductible, more money out of pocket....you do not have the faintest idea of what you are talking about. It seems pretty obvious that you are either on your mother's policy still, or on Medicaid or Medicare or some other government insurance, or you get your insurance from a large employer. You can't be in the individual health insurance market, or you would have to know more about it.

Obamacare is a POS and even Democrat senators up for election next year have realized it. And it will get worse and worse as people find out they still can't afford healthcare after the ridiculously high ObamaJunk deductibles and coinsurance.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Not remotely true. I had a GREAT plan, a PPO, that had no caps, none of that shady crap. It had $5000 max out of pocket for my family. I paid around $800/month for it. Expensive, yes but I chose that plan specifically because I wanted stronger coverage. It didn't have the maternity rider. I can't physically have children anymore.

My new choices? Well, I do not qualify for a subsidy. There are four insurance companies that sell individual insurance in our state now. Others had to pull out - something you see all over this state. I need a PPO because my daughter had an incredibly rare tumor in her head that less than five doctors in this country can deal with. That narrowed by choice to one company. Closest is the gold plan even though the coverage, out of pocket, and deductibles are worse. My max out of pocket now is $10,000. Even though it's a PPO, it's not a true PPO. You're only true in-network for one hospital. Anyone else, including the doctors, is considered a second tier in-network with even higher out of pockets costs.

Given my costs annually, I've done the math. I get worse coverage now for about $9,800 more out of pocket per year. Yes, I hit the max out of pocket every year. Ever dealt with a tumor in your head? You hit the out of pocket maximums when you do.

So, that's TOTAL crap that my plan was bad. It was flipping great and for you to come on here and continue to spout these lies is disgusting. To sum it up, you're wrong!

According to CravingMountains is was bad. But you should suck it up because what you will be forced to buy now is so much better. Doesn't matter what you think, it's just better now. You should feel comforted actually that people who know nothing about your situation are "looking out" for you

Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
According to CravingMountains is was bad. But you should suck it up because what you will be forced to buy now is so much better. Doesn't matter what you think, it's just better now. You should feel comforted actually that people who know nothing about your situation are "looking out" for you
I've got plenty of choice words for those people but they're all generally four letter and not appropriate for this forum.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I've got plenty of choice words for those people but they're all generally four letter and not appropriate for this forum.
Agreed

Old 11-07-2013, 08:24 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:

Except that isn't entirely true. Some have good plans but don't need maternity care, because they are 55 years old and don't need to forced into a worse policy that cover$$$ $$$omething they don't need.

Think for a moment. If Obamacare was so great why did we have to vote for it to know what was in it? Why did Obama have to lie to sell it?

Stop being a part of the problem, where you excuse faults of politicians simply because they have a D or a R next to their name.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:24 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
The huge problem for the president and his partisans is the millions of people who have direct, personal, firsthand knowledge of what the impact is on them and their family. Republican, Democrat, or Independent, pro-health reform or not, straight or gay....no matter, when you get screwed you know it.

The web site issues are a minor problem compared to the lousy coverages. People judge insurance by how claims are paid, and my ObamaJunk policy is only going to pay $$3,750 on a $10,000 claim. If I have a claim like that, I'm going to have to dish up $6,250 in cash. So this is going to get worse and worse, week by week after January 1 when people are finding out just how lousy these coverages are.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
He really didn't apologize for lying to get votes. He said he was sorry that people are losing insurance, not sorry that he lied.

Obama is never about the buck stopping with him. Remember when he was asked what he did wrong in his 1st term and the only thing he could think of was that he didn't tell a good enough story. Obama is a lost cause for accountability and honesty.
I really agree with your last sentiments. I feel if this Preisdent did take Some Note i said some of the heat for what goes wrong. I would respect him much more.

For gosh sakes if he at least once in his lifetime accepted responsibility and accountability, and be truly honest, most people would respect him more.

But he lay his pathway down, by not being forthright with us the people, one too many times. I think Obama is knowing right now, that his lies no longer work, for his lies are all coming to light.

And yet somehow when he is so wrong, he somehow makes things all about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies