Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 PM

229 posts, read 232,486 times

Advertisements

LOL...snort, that fits this topic great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
He did NOT apologize for the lies he told.

A liar is a liar and will lie forever.

He does not respect the American people.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Thank God he's focused on the economy like a laser beam...
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Not remotely true. I had a GREAT plan, a PPO, that had no caps, none of that shady crap. It had $5000 max out of pocket for my family. I paid around $800/month for it. Expensive, yes but I chose that plan specifically because I wanted stronger coverage. It didn't have the maternity rider. I can't physically have children anymore.

My new choices? Well, I do not qualify for a subsidy. There are four insurance companies that sell individual insurance in our country now. Others had to pull out - something you see all over this country now due to Obamacare. I need a PPO because my daughter had an incredibly rare tumor in her head that less than five doctors in this country can deal with. That narrowed by choice to one company. Closest is the gold plan even though the coverage, out of pocket, and deductibles are worse. My max out of pocket now is $10,000. Even though it's a PPO, it's not a true PPO. You're only true in-network for one hospital. Anyone else, including the doctors, is considered a second tier in-network with even higher out of pockets costs.

Given my costs annually, I've done the math. I get worse coverage now for about $9,800 more out of pocket per year. Yes, I hit the max out of pocket every year. Ever dealt with a tumor in your head? You hit the out of pocket maximums when you do.

So, that's TOTAL crap that my plan was bad. It was flipping great and for you to come on here and continue to spout these lies is disgusting. To sum it up, you're wrong!
sorry to hear about your daughter, i assume the tumor is inoperable? too many people across the country are getting screwed by the obamacare law, and perhaps are having second thoughts about bashing republicans for their constant efforts to stop the law. us conservatives told you many times, be careful what you wish for as you may just get it, well you got it, now deal with it. people like southbel are the ones getting hurt badly by this stupid unworkable law, and it is going to get worse over time. its still not too late to eliminate this stupid law and do one right, but even that time is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I've got plenty of choice words for those people but they're all generally four letter and not appropriate for this forum.
you go girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama is full of chit.
why are you being so charitable with him?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Something still stinks.. (other than Obamacare itself).

Someone's pulling his strings... He may end up being the "fall-guy" but the real-power players (whoever they are) won't quit. Wondering if him falling on his sword wasn't part of the larger plan to begin with?

Now.. he can say... okay.. it failed... people have lost their insurance. I'll take the blame but the only option now is single-payer....

The man has proved over and over again, he's nothing more than a political puppet... He wasn't experienced enough as a politician to pull this off by himself.....

Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sorry to hear about your daughter, i assume the tumor is inoperable? too many people across the country are getting screwed by the obamacare law, and perhaps are having second thoughts about bashing republicans for their constant efforts to stop the law. us conservatives told you many times, be careful what you wish for as you may just get it, well you got it, now deal with it. people like southbel are the ones getting hurt badly by this stupid unworkable law, and it is going to get worse over time. its still not too late to eliminate this stupid law and do one right, but even that time is coming.
No, it's operable. Just the kind that likes to come back again and again. Five surgeries now in the last year. So, you can see why having access to these doctors is critical for someone like my daughter. At this point, it's not even about cost, it's about access and Obamacare has significantly reduced our access.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
What? He's sorry we misunderstood him? HAHAHA

Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Something still stinks.. (other than Obamacare itself).

Someone's pulling his strings... He may end up being the "fall-guy" but the real-power players (whoever they are) won't quit. Wondering if him falling on his sword wasn't part of the larger plan to begin with?

Now.. he can say... okay.. it failed... people have lost their insurance. I'll take the blame but the only option now is single-payer....

The man has proved over and over again, he's nothing more than a political puppet... He wasn't experienced enough as a politician to pull this off by himself.....
the only way obama can fall on his sword is to resign from office. as for the rest, we really havent had a persident that didnt have their strings pulled since JFK was assassinated. imo reagan was the one that had his strings pulled the least, and even then his were pulled. and yes i know what i am saying, the US government was overthrown in 1963 after kennedy was assassinated.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:18 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the only way obama can fall on his sword is to resign from office. as for the rest, we really havent had a persident that didnt have their strings pulled since JFK was assassinated. imo reagan was the one that had his strings pulled the least, and even then his were pulled. and yes i know what i am saying, the US government was overthrown in 1963 after kennedy was assassinated.
I'm just thinking that he's on stall tactics from his handlers while his Obot's circle the wagons. By this time tomorrow we'll be deluged with them and their written scripts about how "noble" he was to admit he was wrong....

Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I'm just thinking that he's on stall tactics from his handlers while his Obot's circle the wagons. By this time tomorrow we'll be deluged with them and their written scripts about how "noble" he was to admit he was wrong....
that may happen, but it may also be the straw the broke the camels back as well. i think it might be the latter because he couldnt even get the apology right. but i could be wrong.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Perhaps congressional republicans could work with him to resolve the issue. You know, do something good for the country instead of just whining like children.

How would you suggest they force him to not lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies