Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 09:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
With Paul, I am sure it was an honest mistake, With Biden, you can be sure it was outright fraud.
I don't like him but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Sigh,...... of all people, I'm having to defend Joe Biden? %#@%%&!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Did he, or did he not publish the Op-Ed under his own name?

Did he give attribution to the original author of the words he had printed under his own name?

Footnotes?

"Sections of an op-ed Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul wrote on mandatory minimums in The Washington Times in September appear nearly identical to an article by Dan Stewart of The Week that ran a week earlier. The discovery comes amid reports from BuzzFeed that Paul plagiarized in his book and in several speeches."

Sections Of Rand Paul's Op-Ed On Drug Sentencing Plagiarized From Article Week Earlier

He has admitted he did it.
Not sure how much more proof anyone needs unless he's lying about that too.
"But Paul’s office admitted Tuesday that some of his work was “not clearly sourced or vetted properly.”"

Washington Times Ends Rand Paul's Column After Plagiarism
Like I've posted multiple times and YOU have ignored since you cannot prove it. Not once has he taken credit for those words and said they were his. You have no proof but that wont stop you from purposely misleading others. Trying so hard to be right instead of looking for the truth.
Is it because you want to deflect from the horrific policies of the failed big government you love?

Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not denying anything, and nor did I vote for Obama/Biden. Biden's actions cost him the presidency, so how can you sit there and pretend Rand Paul's actions are not a serious issue?
You keep posting things without proof. How do you know it cost him the Presidency? Do you think the public is that vapid? (okay you may have me on that one)

Old 11-09-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I just want the hypocrites to hold everyone to the same standard, and for the pigs to not be more equal than other pigs.

For a long time I thought Rand Paul and Ron Paul were the same person, which is quite embarrassing (I don't have a TV and don't really give a damn). I know now he isn't, but I still have no idea who Rand Paul is.

Mircea
Rand and his father agree on almost all the issues. They do go about things differently.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Like being "the party of family values?" lol
Like killing innocent people and destroying their families with drones? I'm not laughing.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
How about his books? How about the column he supposedly writes? Or did someone else write and plagiarize those for him? Where does the buck stop? (And no, he's not stupid. He just thought he could get away with it.)

Dude, the guy plagiarized. Everyone knows it. That fact is not open to debate.
Please show proof of everything he plagiarized. How many paragraphs is it? Someone said so and you didn't verify what was done.

I doubt any of the posters here checked out the source. Not even an attempt to do the usual surface scratching. And that's the best thing about this entire thread. The drama queen Maddow came up with this and she has been accused of it herself. According to many here, why is anyone believing her she's a liar and a plagiarist?

Keep focusing on the unimportant things and instead ignore how the economy is in shambles, how we are still killing innocent people in the Middle East which makes us less safe, and the debacle rolled out that is Obamacare.
The tabloiders strike again.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The problem is uninformed people like YOU testifying for others.

And many people do not quote their sources during speeches since it takes away from the meaning of the speech. A basic understanding of the art of communication will tell you that.
A basic understanding of anything seems to escape you.
Quote:
Why cite your sources during a speech?

CREDIBILITY
An oral citation conveys the reliability, validity and currency of your information. Citing your sources orally lets your audience know that you have researched your topic.

PLAGIARISM
CSN’s Student Academic Integrity Policy defines plagiarism as “intentionally using the words, creative works, or ideas of another, from the Internet or any source, without proper citation of the sources.”
This is but one of thousands of guides provided by various institutions regarding the seriousness of appropriating someone's ideas/thoughts and presenting them as your own.

Quote:
He never once presented the "intellectual property" (LMAO what a made up, idiotic phrase as if someone owns words) as his own and YOU have no proof of it, just drama queen made up statements
Made up, idiotic phrase? I think not:
Quote:
Intellectual Property Intangible rights protecting the products of human intelligence and creation, such as copyrightable works, patented inventions, Trademarks, and trade secrets. Although largely governed by federal law, state law also governs some aspects of intellectual property.Intellectual Property legal definition of Intellectual Property. Intellectual Property synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
Now, who's the idiot?

Old 11-09-2013, 11:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A basic understanding of anything seems to escape you. This is but one of thousands of guides provided by various institutions regarding the seriousness of appropriating someone's ideas/thoughts and presenting them as your own.

Made up, idiotic phrase? I think not: Now, who's the idiot?
It's amazing Rand Paul confessed his crimes, but some of his followers still deny them

Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's amazing Rand Paul confessed his crimes, but some of his followers still deny them
"crimes?" that's stretching it. funny, barry refuses to admit his.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A basic understanding of anything seems to escape you. This is but one of thousands of guides provided by various institutions regarding the seriousness of appropriating someone's ideas/thoughts and presenting them as your own.

Made up, idiotic phrase? I think not: Now, who's the idiot?
Since you asked, you are in your post.
You still haven't proven he intentionally used the words, that he was portraying them as his own. You'll keep ignoring that fact because that what tabloiders do, they ignore facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies