Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:26 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Fabricated partisan conspiracy theories don't count...sorry.
Are you suggesting that Obama in fact did not lie about the ACA? Are you suggesting that Obama in fact takes responsibility for the mistakes of his administration? If so I am confused. Normally when someone takes responsibility they don't do it by blaming others. They tend to not make weak excuses. For example excuses like : "I was not informed." When in fact they were informed well in advance.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:29 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I was actually thinking rand paul would make a great vp. Would pull the crazy paul votr that could put the republicans over the top. Hes no crazier than biden
Yup, capture that 6% that supported Ron Paul in the GOP primaries.

But please, put him on the ticket, he'll drag more moderates to the other side.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:39 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

That is 6% that stayed home or voted for obama because of how ron paul was treated at the convention. It was a bigger mistake than was realized then or now. And it was more than 6%. There were alot who liked ron pauls domestic but not his international policies and a better less international version (rand paul) would get alot of support.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Your abundant posts on this thread make it abundantly clear that you have absolutely no understanding of what plagiarism is AND you refuse to pay attention to multiple posters who have sought to educate you on its meaning.
This isn't about me. It's about your inability to show proof Rand Paul intentionally plagairized. Keep trying to avoid that fact.

Quote:
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Because you say so so even though you have no proof? Why listen to you, you haven't got much right.

Quote:
Since I do not suffer fools gladly, we are done here.
Since you have no proof you run away.

Quote:
Have a nice weekend.
You too.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:49 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Too bad because if christie gets the nomination i would want either paul or cruz as vp and i dont see cruz doing it. Maybe mike lee would... But a christie/ paul ticket is a winner.
Not for me...

Christie, the bombastic, in your face President and
Paul, the petulant, I'll take my toys and go home VP

Good luck with that ticket...

Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Your defense in the face of Mr.Paul's admission that he DID indeed use someone else's words as his own is quite mystifying.
Yout stattement which is a bald faced lie doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
I don't have to prove anything since Mr. Paul has proven it himself.
No he didn't and you have no proof.

Quote:
How someone can claim that he didn't take credit for words that he offered to a newspaper under his OWN name shows a level of ignorance that I frankly don't think I've ever encountered before.
If you've looked in the mirror you've encountered it before. The ignorant ones are people like you who barely scratch the surface while making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quote:
Just wow.
“supporting facts and anecdotes — some of which were clearly not sourced or vetted.”

were caused by staff providing him background materials that were not properly footnoted.

oh look, look I plagiarized

Anyone, not you of course, who has looked into the tabloid accusations would know he acknowledged sources in articles and books but didn't footnote them at times. That isn't plagiarism.
Get it now? Probably not since it means you'd have to take the thought process to the next level.

Just Wow!

Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Paul is a plagiarist and thinks spreading misinformation is a valuable tool.

Those are the facts. Try to swallow them.
You have no proof of that but that wont stop you from spreading misinformation.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no he did not admit anything
he blamed his staff~~
I have never liked him or his dad
and now I know why he is a thief
joe biden did the same thing
Prove he stole something. The only thieves are the big government cowards who love to steal others money for their causes. I'm sure you're all for Obamacare too. Which is stealing and I bet you're okay with it, when you do it.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Hardliners will vote party line regardless of who the candidate is. The votes that are up for grabs are the independents. It can be argued that Ross Perot demonstrated that the Independents can in fact impact an election.
The last 2 elections demonstrated that hardliners will vote for a bad candidate rather than break from party lines.
Obama's first 4 years by any measure were a dismal display of poor leadership and even worse results. He maintained a lock on his party.
Romney has the personality of wet cardboard. He is however a very successful businessman and it can be argued that he was a net gain as Gov. But he was in fact in the pockets of more special interests groups than can be counted as is Obama and company.
In reality both parties are 1 and the same beast.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I find Paul and Cruz unbelievable, but good for late night TV hosts, and Rubio inconsequential. I would really like to like Christie - he does know the lyrics to all of Springsteen's songs - but his pugnacious personality, IMO, is not a good fit for the POTUS. I picture him, like Khrushchev, pounding his shoe on a table, when he doesn't get his way. He's a good fit for NJ, but his candidacy would not be received well in many parts of the US.
Again more proof, you don't get it. It's always about policy and not about someone who "looks presidential" or someone you want to have as a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies