Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US legalize gay marriage by the end of the year?
I'm a Republican, and NO we should not 15 9.87%
I'm a Republican, and YES we should, even if we don't get anything in exchange 6 3.95%
I'm a Republican, and YES we should, only if we get at least one of our goals passed along with it 4 2.63%
I'm a Democrat, and NO we should not 9 5.92%
I'm a Democrat, and YES we should 48 31.58%
I'm an Independent, and NO we should not 19 12.50%
I'm an Independent, and YES we should 45 29.61%
I don't care, share the cheetoos and chicken nuggets man! 6 3.95%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 01:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times

Advertisements

The Irish have parades. The Christians have parades. Why shouldn't the gays continue to have parades? Don't like it? Don't go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 01:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
and so is basic logic. homos still have parades and annoy people in states where homo "marriage" is "legal."
And Shriners have parades, and Irish have parades, and there are military parades, and parades for no reason. If you don't want parades, ban all parades.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And Shriners have parades, and Irish have parades, and there are military parades, and parades for no reason. If you don't want parades, ban all parades.
you're backing down. I simply claimed that they wouldn't shut up. they won't. if you want to talk about annoying religions, shriners, etc. we can. however, they don't have parades in their honor. homo parades are about homos. most parades and come one come all.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:10 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The Irish have parades. The Christians have parades. Why shouldn't the gays continue to have parades? Don't like it? Don't go.
if I ever went, it would be to laugh at homos. the way they act at these parades is pure comedy. it's a shame too, because 99% of homos are good people who just want to live their lives. shame the minority ruins it for the majority.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
you're backing down. I simply claimed that they wouldn't shut up. they won't. if you want to talk about annoying religions, shriners, etc. we can. however, they don't have parades in their honor. homo parades are about homos. most parades and come one come all.
Context.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:44 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
I really don't care.
However, I think it is hilarious when the homosexuals find out now that they are married and (supposedly) committed for life, that some of them discover they really don't want that kind of firm commitment, and they can't just quietly split the sheets like they used to, they now have to go through all the hassle of a legal DIVORCE, with lawyers and judges and expenses and divisions of property, just like heterosexuals have been doing for years!
The epitome of that was the lesbian couple, I think in Florida, that just went through a big hassle over custody of a daughter that was born from an egg donated by one and implanted in the other. The two "adults" deserved everything that happened, but I feel sorry for the kid. SHE is the loser, as always.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
OP, I honestly don't think it'll ever happen on a nationwide scale. 5-10 years from now, gay marriage will still be pretty much as is today: legal in blue states and in some swing states. But in the deep south or in places like Utah? I don't see it happening. One thing you need to keep in mind is that red states don't have large populations of gays. The gays from those places usually move to other states that have big gay neighborhoods.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I really don't care.
However, I think it is hilarious when the homosexuals find out now that they are married and (supposedly) committed for life, that some of them discover they really don't want that kind of firm commitment, and they can't just quietly split the sheets like they used to, they now have to go through all the hassle of a legal DIVORCE, with lawyers and judges and expenses and divisions of property, just like heterosexuals have been doing for years!
The epitome of that was the lesbian couple, I think in Florida, that just went through a big hassle over custody of a daughter that was born from an egg donated by one and implanted in the other. The two "adults" deserved everything that happened, but I feel sorry for the kid. SHE is the loser, as always.
Relationships are relationships. They end or they don't. Doesn't matter if you're gay or straight.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Our Pride Parades are come one, come all, so I don't know what you're babbling about.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:26 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Relationships are relationships. They end or they don't. Doesn't matter if you're gay or straight.
You miss the point. Before "marriage", if homosexuals wanted to split up, they simply divided their property and went their separate ways, just like heteros who were "shacking up".
However, now that they are "married", they can't do that, they have to go through the same rigamarole that heterosexuals have had to go through for many years.
Yep, they got the "privileges" and "benefits" of "marriage", and with that comes the problems of dissolving a "marriage". Now they can have the full flavor of lifetime commitment just like a heterosexual "marriage"!
I still think it is hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies