Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 06:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The GOP establishment has HAD it with losing elections they should have won, because of far-right weirdo candidates with no general appeal. So the empire is fighting back.

One of the strategies, as reported in Politico, is to back moderate GOP candidates in primary races by flooding the zone with Super PAC money:

GOP SUPER PACS VS. THE TEA PARTY | POLITICO

The GOP Civil War is on!
It's the war of the billionaires.

Koch , Murdoch and friends have the back of the tea party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 06:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
We will push the spineless so called moderates out. The can go join the progressives in the demacratic party (you guys happy i didnt use demacrats)... Now stop using teabaggers on us..
I'm a democrat and I NEVER use the label "teabaggers" because quite frankly it is impolite and it references a quasi-sexual act. I would like to see a little more respect and civility in the discussions about politics. I like to use terms like "supporters of the Tea Party" or sometimes "Tea Partiers."

Personally I am more of a coffee person myself, but I enjoy a good cup of tea now and then.

To address your displeasure with the "moderates" in the Republican Party, I get the impression that you yearn for a GOP that is ideologically "pure" and no candidates stray from a true and staunch conservative philosophy. Some staunch conservatives believe that the reason why McCain in '08 and Romney in '12 lost was because they were wishy-washy middle of the road moderates. I think you are mistaken if you suppose that the Republican Party is going to grow and expand (and win back the White House!) by implementing such a ideology.

I believe the "big wigs" in the GOP want to start doing better at the voting booth ... and want to attract some of the blocs of voters the Democrats have gained. This can only be accomplished by listening to these voters and modifying some of the positions that hurt the GOP in the polls.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:49 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
The GOP can't control it's monster; so, it has to kill it. The Tea Party is going to be as hard to kill off as an infestation of bedbugs.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
I need to buy more popcorn. Seriously this will get crazy.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:16 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I'm a democrat and I NEVER use the label "teabaggers" because quite frankly it is impolite and it references a quasi-sexual act. I would like to see a little more respect and civility in the discussions about politics. I like to use terms like "supporters of the Tea Party" or sometimes "Tea Partiers."

Personally I am more of a coffee person myself, but I enjoy a good cup of tea now and then.

To address your displeasure with the "moderates" in the Republican Party, I get the impression that you yearn for a GOP that is ideologically "pure" and no candidates stray from a true and staunch conservative philosophy. Some staunch conservatives believe that the reason why McCain in '08 and Romney in '12 lost was because they were wishy-washy middle of the road moderates. I think you are mistaken if you suppose that the Republican Party is going to grow and expand (and win back the White House!) by implementing such a ideology.

I believe the "big wigs" in the GOP want to start doing better at the voting booth ... and want to attract some of the blocs of voters the Democrats have gained. This can only be accomplished by listening to these voters and modifying some of the positions that hurt the GOP in the polls.
I believe the republican party can have a big tent but needs to hold to whatever line it decides to do and not cave. The problem is the leadership caves too easly and the dems dont. They hold firm. I dont care what line the republicans take as long as they dont cave just because one poll says they lost. So the republicans need new leadership and the only way that happens is if the tea party wing wins.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The GOP establishment has HAD it with losing elections they should have won, because of far-right weirdo candidates with no general appeal. So the empire is fighting back.

One of the strategies, as reported in Politico, is to back moderate GOP candidates in primary races by flooding the zone with Super PAC money:

GOP SUPER PACS VS. THE TEA PARTY | POLITICO

The GOP Civil War is on!
Long overdue. The TP needs to become a 3rd party, and learn the lesson Perot folks did. It is the quickest way to not be relevent.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

I bet they can primary Tea Party runners in New England and some of the west coast.
Or Alabama last Tuesday! SWEET!!!

Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
This.

I didn't leave the republican party.... They left me. (and went left. WAYYYY LEFT)
Me, too. It's unlikely they'll win me back.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:26 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Me, too. It's unlikely they'll win me back.
lol, I can't believe you guys.

The GOP would never let Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Dole or Reagan into the party today.

And you say they've gone left.

They've gone right.

The tea party will take the GOP right off a cliff.

So of course I'm rooting for them to succeed.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:30 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol, I can't believe you guys.

The GOP would never let Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Dole or Reagan into the party today.

And you say they've gone left.

They've gone right.

The tea party will take the GOP right off a cliff.

So of course I'm rooting for them to succeed.

The surest sign of the irrelevancy of today's GOP is to hear its voters say how the party is full of RINO's or has "gone too far left", the demographics prove these are the wailing cries of dinosaurs sinking in pools of tar.

It will have to reinvent itself or face extinction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies