Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:23 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
All these astorphysicists, geologist, what-everists KNOW nothing and are paid highly for writing theories they can never prove to be WRONG or RIGHT.
I can think of endless experiments the outcomes of which could easily either continue to confirm or refute relativity. And there comes a point at which relativistic theory breaks down, so any astrophysicist studying such conditions will probably tell you something along the lines of relativity only describing one part of a bigger picture, that it doesn't explain everything. As for evolution, all one would have to do to show evolutionary theory is bunk is find the Precambrian fossil of a rabbit.

If you think theories can never be proven wrong, you don't understand what you're talking about.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most people have been brainwashed into believing evolution, but later in life they start believing in creation.
Only those who can't come to grips with their own mortality and as a result start looking for fairy tales to assuage their fears.

Now answer this, which is more like brianwashing; going to a building from the day you are born till the day you AFTER you die sit for an hour or more and preacher exhorts you to believe in the inerrancy of a book, while subjected to celestial choirs, surrounded by iconographic imagery all which is conducted in a building design to evoke a solemn emotion OR, siting in, an open classroom for a couple of weeks where critical questions can be asked and debated, go to a library and read books and papers, or go to a museum and looking at the actual physical evidence?

Last edited by ovcatto; 11-10-2013 at 01:00 PM..

Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Why are the veggies, fruits, and animals enough for us to survive?
What are they all doing on Earth at the time that we are on earth?
Humans evolved to survive on the food available. If the veggies, fruit and animals on earth weren't sufficient for humans to survive, then humans that needed those foods wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:43 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Only those who can't come to grips with their own mortality and as a result start looking for fairy tales to assuage their fears.
That's exactly what I believed when I was younger and more close-minded.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
I believe evolution exists in nature... Not so much in modern day society. Our government protects the stupid, and actively encourages then to reproduce. Not a good formula for the success of mankind.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:16 PM

347 posts, read 491,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How old are you? Radiometric dating is accurate for billions of years... Foundational Concepts : Introduction to Dating Methods

Science has never said that we evolved from Neanderthals, as a matter of fact Homo sapiens interbred with them.... Is There a Neanderthal in Your DNA? --New Study Says "There Might Be"

I had books in school...not iPads nor the internet that can change at a moments notice.

When a book was written the ink didn't change.

And evolution says that we did evolve from chimps to neanderthals to humans...now SCIENTIST are changing things...that's not SCIENCE, things in SCIENCE are repeatable and constant.

Now scientist are making crap up that they never had the answer to in the first place.

Species that they thought were EXTINCT are now popping up...WTF???

Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM

My point is not about the topic at hand but that no body has the proof to prove that they are right about anything, when it comes to evolution, etc.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:21 PM

There is no proof where we came from and why?

case closed.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:22 PM

First it was Africa, now it's "we came from Asia."

The only sciences that make sense are those that don't involve crap topics like evolution.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
Hey guys, don't know where to put this topic so mods move it if it's supposed to be somewhere else. But my question is, are there any posters here on CD who once believed in evolution then abandoned it?

I know as a kid growing up (I'm 24 btw) I believed in evolution 1000% because it was presented in textbooks. And as a kid, whatever is in a book you think must be true. The older I got and as I became an adult myself, I questioned more things that I had been told when I was younger and evolution was one. Now as a grown man, I don't see myself believing in that evolution shyt any more and it sounds borderline crazy now. I don't even see what makes it different from a religious belief in anymore. You have to buy in completely to what researchers say, and you have to listen to people who were born in your own time trying to tell you "facts" about what happened billion years of ago as if they were there watching it happen. But if you ask an evolutionist researcher what he ate for lunch yesterday he cant even remember that, but yet this same guy supposedly has the "answers" for my existence and billions of years of life and is never wrong? Absolute BS.

There's nothing to believe.

For example, you don't need to believe gravity, not at all; however, when you jump out of the window, you will hit the ground regardless of your belief and because of the effect of the gravity.

Evolution is just the same as gravity. There's nothing to believe but factually exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies