Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM

26,917 posts, read 15,124,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It hasn't been established that there are higher deductibles and people will lose their doctors. The plans are generally better than the plans they replaced. I know you don't want to admit that but it's so.

OK, now I see reality is not in your repertoire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course, a lot can happen between now and next November.

I agree that, for now, the shutdown will recede from the public's memory as time passes, yet, the Government is only funded until January 15th, and the debt ceiling reached again in February. If another shutdown occurs, who knows?

Obamacare? Again, who knows. I imagine that by early 2014 the Federal website will be fully operational, so I doubt that will be much of a factor in November. Other aspects of Obamacare may end up costing Democrats some seats, as things unfold.

I feel no need to start a new thread about this thought of mine: could one reason for the disastrous debut of the Federal exchange be, in part, due to sabotage? I keep thinking about Snowden, and how he felt he should appoint himself the guardian of the American public from the activities of the NSA, hence his theft and release of secret information. We seem to have more and more individuals who believe that they are the 'self-appointed' guardians of the Republic.

Could not one, or more, of the programmers have the same type of thought? Meaning, you have a programmer who thinks "I disagree with Obamacare, so I shall make sure that the website does not work October 1st". I know nothing about writing computer programs, but is it possible?

So now it's conspiracy theories?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:20 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,767,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
This seems to be the conservative mantra of late. You do know don't you that people on the open market have been paying high deductibles for years and many people have high deductibles on their houses and car insurance. Losing doctors and changing plans because of coverage is nothing new. The only people I see getting upset by this are Republicans who aren't even impacted and don't have a clue. Its good politics though.
High deductibles for most indivudals were around $2000-3000. For most families it was around $4000-6000 in 2013.

Now with the ACA. Paying the cough cough same premiums on the indivudal market means the deductible goes up to over $4000 for individual and over $12000 for families.

In Florida my individual insurance rate is going up. From $750/month (family of four) with $6000 high deductible in 2013.

In order to have same $6000 deductible in 2014 my premiums go up to $1200/month. That's over $14000 a year in premiums vs $9000.

This is major comprehensive medical. Not "junk" insurance we are talking about in 2013 with my $750/month rate.

No subsidies either.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Today's Editorial:

Again, the CBO estimates now that 31 million will be uninsured after 10 years of the ACA.

Where's the gain?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:20 PM

878 posts, read 939,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The real question is, how many democrats would lose reelections if they were truthful with the people about their agenda, to destroy our current health care system so the government could take it all over, from soup to nuts.
You say that like it's a bad thing...

Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Care to share your source?
3:1 it's WND.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 PM

'bagger blog.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,720,493 times
After this, factor in all the other scandals..I hope alot of them.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,771,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The American voter has a very short attention span. Even if there is another shutdown in january, it will be long forgotten by october and november. What WILL be on the front pages is the ACA and people will not be happy.
Primaries are in June (June 3rd, it looks like to me), so that is the key date for real change to occur. That will be the indicator as to how angry the populace really is. Depending upon how severe the debt ceiling / government shutdown ends up being, there is a dovetail between the end of that process and the primary campaigns. Truth is, we should be seeing action towards primary challenges withing a couple of months.

I cant wait. How about you?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,387,355 times
Quote:
It hasn't been established that there are higher deductibles and people will lose their doctors. The plans are generally better than the plans they replaced. I know you don't want to admit that but it's so.
But it has been established, one by one, hundreds by hundreds, thousands by thousands. Millions more will find it out after the website is fixed. Sticker shock and out-of-pocket exposure shock will be rampant.

I never heard of 50% coinsurance in-network until I saw my new Obamacare policy. With a $2500 individual deductible, this means that on a $10,000 bill, Obamapolicy will pay only $3,750 and I will be out of pocket $6,250. In terms of how it affects my wallet, this is the worst insurance I've ever had. And please do not bother to insult the plan I liked but could not keep: it was the best coverage available in my state, offered by the premier and market-dominating carrier.

The Obamapolicy is "better" in a couple ways that mean nothing to me: pregnancy coverage and mental health coverage. I'm just grateful that "free" limo service to appointments did not come along with the "free" preventive services, because I know I am the one that PAYS for all that "free" stuff.

Neither one of us can prove how this is going to work out because we can't know the future. I believe Obama will take a beating when middle-income people find out they still can't afford actual care even thought they are insured, due to the high deductibles and high out-of-pocket costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies