Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 PM

805 posts, read 1,084,379 times

Advertisements

Typically in off-year elections, the "idiot vote" and the "low-information voter" stays home. Bad news for the Dems. Also, the shutdown is going to be a footnote by next Nov. Heck, people have already forgotten about it. I believe the Dems' only strategy will be to blame the evil, greedy, capitalistic insurance companies, as we know they will take zero responsibility for the complete failure of the ACA. This will not go over too well though...HealthCare.gov's complete debacle hopefully will demonstrate that it pure stupidity to let the government run anything, especially when the Dems start talking about single-payer. Finally, the expansion of Medicaid sounds great, but you have to take into consideration the sheer logistics of millions of new customers when the doctor pool is flat or shrinking. Longer wait times, harder to see a doctor, etc. This will not be popular. One last thing, it will be very difficult for the Dems to run away from Obamacare, especially since they own the complete thing. Promises have not been kept, lies have been made, and people should NOT let them forget it!

1) Obamacare Lie #1: "If you like your healthcare plan, you'll be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what."

2) Obamacare Lie #2: "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase."

3) Obamacare Lie #3: "I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits - either now or in the future."

4) Obamacare Lie #4: Obamacare will "cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

5) Obamacare Lie #5: The new healthcare law will improve, not hurt, the quality of American healthcare.

6) Obamacare Lie #6: It's not a government takeover: "I don't believe that government can or should run healthcare."

7) Obamacare Lie #7: The state health insurance exchanges will open on time.

The 7 Biggest Obamacare Lies - Money Morning

We're sick of it. And we are not forgetting next November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And with more people being covered with good insurance policies, more people will realize that they are better off than before, so yes, the Democrats do OWN the ACA and it will show when they win more seats in Congress.
Should I give you my single male neighbor's phone number so that you can explain to him why he should be happy with his increased insurance rates and higher out-of-pocket costs that allows him to now have maternity care? He voted for Obama, thought Obamacare was a great idea, and used to lecture me about how I just didn't understand how great it was going to be. Now all he does is whine about it and I can find zero words of comfort for him. Truthfully, it is taking everything I have not to tell him I can't think of a nicer person for it to happen to and that just wouldn't be good for future neighborly relations.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Should I give you my single male neighbor's phone number so that you can explain to him why he should be happy with his increased insurance rates and higher out-of-pocket costs that allows him to now have maternity care? He voted for Obama, thought Obamacare was a great idea, and used to lecture me about how great it was going to be. Now all he does is whine about it and I can find zero words of comfort for him. Truthfully, it is taking everything I have not to tell him I can't think of a nicer person for it to happen to and that just wouldn't be good for future neighborly relations.
Just quote Karl Rove. "Elections have consequences".

Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
The real question is how many INCUMBENTS, both republican and democrat will lose their seat over the 16 day government shutdown that cost our country $24 billion? It's been proven time and time again these dems and pubs can't work together, I think they all need to go.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
The real question is how many INCUMBENTS, both republican and democrat will lose their seat over the 16 day government shutdown that cost our country $24 billion? It's been proven time and time again these dems and pubs can't work together, I think they all need to go.
I agree there needs to be a house cleaning, but the shutdown will be ancient history by then to most voters.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:18 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
None. Over 3 million will get onto extended medicaid. Now this includes the states moving their people from their state program to the fed program. Share the debt.

Look forward to 3 million more on medicaid.
California alone plans to enroll 1.6 million with 600,000 coming off of the state extended medicaid and going to the federal extended medicaid.

Why new Medicaid enrollment is soaring

probably more like 30%-40% will lose their seats.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:22 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
How Many Democrats in Congress will Lose their Seats over Obamacare

How many MORE Democrats will lose their seats, you mean?

63 of them already got booted out in 2010, mostly due to their support of Obamacare.

And that was before "we found out what was in it", as Pelosi said.

Now that the American people are discoveing just how bad the whole program is, and how many lies the Democrats told them to get them to "like" it, 2014 election might make 2010 look like a Democrat picnic.
Ah, but you forget that most districts in this country are gerrymandered to protect incumbents, be they Dems or Repubs.

IIRC there are only about 60-70 competitive seats in the House.

There would have to be a LOT of anger for the Dems to start tossing Dem incumbents. And that would have to be done in the primaries, cuz Dems arent going to vote for Repubs.

Besides, never underestimate the ability of Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Macaca? Legitimate rape? What was it that dumbass repub senate candidate in Illinois said?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I agree there needs to be a house cleaning, but the shutdown will be ancient history by then to most voters.
Not of it happens again in the upcoming January debt ceiling circus. Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to screw things up for themselves.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Not of it happens again in the upcoming January debt ceiling circus. Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to screw things up for themselves.
The American voter has a very short attention span. Even if there is another shutdown in january, it will be long forgotten by october and november. What WILL be on the front pages is the ACA and people will not be happy.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon5 View Post
As we all know 2014 is a midterm election year. A few short weeks ago I wouldn't have thought it possible for the GOP to retake the Senate but with Obamacare now making life miserable for millions of Americans I'd say that it's a very real possibility. The mainstream media and the internet surfing Obamabots (such as those posting on this site) are in a frenzy trying to do damage control and regurgitating more lies and propaganda about how great this law is. To all those whose policies are getting cancelled or whose premiums have/will increase it doesn't matter though. They are pissed off and just itching for a chance to make their voices heard next November. The Dems in Congress know it and are very much scared of what 2014 brings. This is why many of them are starting to call for a delay of the individual mandate. They don't give a damn about the harm that is being done to the American people but they are prepared to do and say whatever it takes to keep their place in Congress. It looks like it may be too little too late though. When it finally gets here the 2014 midterms may have Dems thinking of the 2010 midterms as the good all days.
Over Obamacare? None.

Over their campaign? Eh, hard to say really. Maybe a quarter of them. Statistically speaking anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies