Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
...doesn't make me an enemy of the truth.
Yes, actually it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 02:58 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon5 View Post
As we all know 2014 is a midterm election year. A few short weeks ago I wouldn't have thought it possible for the GOP to retake the Senate but with Obamacare now making life miserable for millions of Americans I'd say that it's a very real possibility. The mainstream media and the internet surfing Obamabots (such as those posting on this site) are in a frenzy trying to do damage control and regurgitating more lies and propaganda about how great this law is. To all those whose policies are getting cancelled or whose premiums have/will increase it doesn't matter though. They are pissed off and just itching for a chance to make their voices heard next November. The Dems in Congress know it and are very much scared of what 2014 brings. This is why many of them are starting to call for a delay of the individual mandate. They don't give a damn about the harm that is being done to the American people but they are prepared to do and say whatever it takes to keep their place in Congress. It looks like it may be too little too late though. When it finally gets here the 2014 midterms may have Dems thinking of the 2010 midterms as the good all days.
Very few Democrats will lose their seats, but without a doubt, the Democrats are going to have full control in 2014; Republicans, I've warned you all of this last year, you must turn your tune to gain popularity. The GOP can say the Democrats are turning more and more to the left, but the same can be said about the GOP. I think the GOP is actually a good-party at heart to some degree, but some of the congressmen are hurting the party for you all, I think you would be surprised at how many people are conservatives in the US, but those same conservatives also believe that we do need to move forward on certain things rather than keeping us in a stalemate. For example, I often visit the SC forum on C-D and while SC is a GOP stronghold, the roads are in terrible condition there, therefore many of those same GOP folk are in support of a higher gas tax to fund better roads, yet some just don't mind the condition of the roads or just don't want to be taxed more which is understandable but isn't totally rational.

I think the GOP should become more of a true freedom party and change their positions on many topics. If you don't believe in climate change, fine, but at least say we should be doing more to encourage companies and homeowners to switch over to green energy sources. You don't like gay marriage, fine, just don't speak on your Persian beliefs on gay marriage, but support the freedom of choice; I'm sure President Barack Obama doesn't want his daughters to be lesbians, but he doesn't mind others being that way, so Republicans need to take a stance like that. Acknowledge that the ACA isn't what it wasn't made out to be, but work with the President and the Democrats on fixing it to show that you're actually for the people as opposed to only saying "I told you so." I mean, there are far more things that needs to be worked on for the GOP to successfully gain seats, but I seriously doubt they'll be gaining many seats in 2014, I think that's why the GOP is looking forward to 2016 so much as opposed to 2014, they already know this won't be a good election cycle.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
I do not think the {D} party base will be fired up and thus a low turn out. My prediction is the {R}s gain 2 Senate seats and 5 in the House.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:48 AM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
None, you will see the Democrats gain seats in 2014.
Your prognosis is that voters will double down on stupid? Really?

Old 11-11-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
People with employer insurance will see their rates skyrocket to pay for all the same BS you're reading about today. Plus the insurers will be bleeding cash by then from a lack of participation by the 20 and 30 somethings who are needed for bilking.

All of this will be hitting the headlines next October. Employers have no reason to hide the news from their employees until after the election. If anything, the opposite incentive exists.

The Dems are toast.
Seems to be the most likely outcome.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I guarantee that at least one Democrat Senator will lose his seat. Mark Begich (D-AK) managed to squeak by with a 1% victory after federal prosecutorial misconduct shifted the election in Begich's favor in 2008. Add to that the fact that Begich voted for the Affordable Health Care Act of 2010, which is hugely unpopular in Alaska.

Begich is toast. The only question is, will the next Alaskan Senator be the TEA Party candidate Joe Miller, or the establishment Republican Lt. Gov. Mead Tredwell? I will be voting for Joe Miller.
That's not what the polls say: Begich Leads All Republican Contenders

Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
I think you will be wrong about this one. I think by November 2014, people will have already begun settling into ACA and have realized it isn't as doom and gloom as the Republicans tried to make it out to be
Um... NO. October 2014 is when the policy cancellation notices will be sent to those who get their insurance through their employers. Delaying the employer mandate was a GIFT to the Rs for the 2014 midterms, thanks to Obama, Reid, Pelosi and the Dems.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
None, you will see the Democrats gain seats in 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your prognosis is that voters will double down on stupid? Really?
On the contrary, voters saw what a fraud the 2010 wins were and got buyer's remorse. Remember when in 2010 they said they would focus on jobs like a laser?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
On the contrary, voters saw what a fraud the 2010 wins were and got buyer's remorse.
And then got hit with the Obamacare implementation: cancelled policies, doctors lost, HIGHER deductibles, etc., etc.... No getting out of that. Dems OWN that debacle.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon5 View Post
As we all know 2014 is a midterm election year. A few short weeks ago I wouldn't have thought it possible for the GOP to retake the Senate but with Obamacare now making life miserable for millions of Americans I'd say that it's a very real possibility. The mainstream media and the internet surfing Obamabots (such as those posting on this site) are in a frenzy trying to do damage control and regurgitating more lies and propaganda about how great this law is. To all those whose policies are getting cancelled or whose premiums have/will increase it doesn't matter though. They are pissed off and just itching for a chance to make their voices heard next November. The Dems in Congress know it and are very much scared of what 2014 brings. This is why many of them are starting to call for a delay of the individual mandate. They don't give a damn about the harm that is being done to the American people but they are prepared to do and say whatever it takes to keep their place in Congress. It looks like it may be too little too late though. When it finally gets here the 2014 midterms may have Dems thinking of the 2010 midterms as the good all days.
None. As a matter of fact I think they will win seats. There is a whole year for people to forget about the website bugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies