Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 AM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Thank you for sharing your situations.

We can rest assured that right-wingers will find some vacuous excuse for practicing their standard callous disregard for others in the face of these realities, regardless. What else could they do, in the face of overwhelming evidence that they couldn't care less about anything other than their own personal comfort and luxury?

Your comment is ridiculous, given that the blueprint for ACA was a right-wing proposal from 1989 and the implementation of healthcare reform by a Republican governor in 2006. Don't think to hide right-wing antisocial obstructionism behind a smokescreen of feigned outrage. The right-wingers have made it very clear that, from the election of this President forward, the only sign of bipartisan support for any significant matter of the government's business shall be the willingness to end a Senate filibuster.

Sorry bUU but we'll disagree again - Democrat here - remember - but with 35 years in the health care industry - I have pointed out the poster's misconceptions in my previous post.

So anyone or only right wingers who disagree with the ACA are callous and have disregard for others?

Also - how come you only call out right-wingers on their mistakes? Had a right-winger wrote that all poor people would be covered by medicare - you definitly would have corrected them.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:23 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Your comment is ridiculous, given that the blueprint for ACA was a right-wing proposal from 1989 and the implementation of healthcare reform by a Republican governor in 2006. Don't think to hide right-wing antisocial obstructionism behind a smokescreen of feigned outrage. The right-wingers have made it very clear that, from the election of this President forward, the only sign of bipartisan support for any significant matter of the government's business shall be the willingness to end a Senate filibuster.
You have told me nothing that I did not already know but I am talking about Obamacare itself. The {R}s were shut out on crafting the legislation and not 1 {R} voted for it. This is the {D}s baby and the [R}s are being nice by getting on board with the idea of people having the option of keeping their plans.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:34 AM

115 posts, read 135,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This of course is exactly what I've been saying (any many others) here on C-D.

We've got these Republican blowhards ranting against every single move that this President makes, when over the Bush years, they showed that have no more business being at the decision-making table than a piece of used toilet paper.

The health care crisis stared those Pubs in the face during those 8 horrific Bush years, and they ignored it. Instead, they supported the worst president in the history of this nation, as he LIED to attack two sovereign nations unprovoked, kicking off a black of spending and nation-building that caused this country to nearly bleed to death. Now, they somehow feel they're qualified to critique. Delusional blowhards.

Ellision is absolutely right, and his statement means more than anything that has been coming forth from the clueless Right.

Exactly, Lex

Great to see Ellison call out the DO-NOTHING Republicans

More Dem's should be doing this.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
How about if I answer that.

1. My 19 yr old son will have insurance through me...just in case
2. *I* can get insurance with my pre-existing condition at a reasonable rate
3. Millions of poor people will get medicare
4. Hospitals now make money based on results, not office visits (this is a rarely discussed item-but far more important then it seems)
5. insurance companies now compete
6. Insurance companies now only make a 20% profit instead of a 40-50% profit, reining in the worst of the abuses
7. simple screening care is now at no direct charge, encouraging people to learn about problems BEFORE they get expensive

I could go on. A LOT of stuff gets fixed here. Yeah theres some things you as a individual might dislike, for the majority its great news, and for the truly poor who qualify for medicare its could literally be the difference between life or death.

If this had been around when my mother was still alive, she would be alive today. Instead of buried.
1. How proud you must be, to have a 19-year-old child still dependent on someone else.
2. You always could get insurance with pre-existing. As for affordable, I don't believe you.
3. Who pays for this?
4. Which hospitals? The ones dropping those insured by ObamaCare?
5. They've always competed.
6. Your communist colors are showing. The government has NO right to set the profit margin of any private business
7. No charge? How delusional are you? Do you think those places that screen do it all voluntarily? Hardly. Someone ELSE pays for it. See #6

As for you last comment, how would this have helped your mother? If she had money for insurance, why didn't she have it? And if she didn't have enough money for care, there have ALWAYS been places for low income folks to go.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) on Sunday pointed out to GOP strategist Ana Navarro that Republicans “did nothing” to solve health care problems during President George W. Bush’s two terms in office “and now we’ve done something about it and all you want to do is complain.”

Ellison rips GOP strategist on health care: ‘We’ve done something and all you want to do is complain’ | The Raw Story

For the past five years, the GOP has behaved like a 2 year who just dropped his ice cream cone on the hot summer sidewalk.

Don't take my word on it.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
I hope more Dem pols go on record defending Obamacare.

heh heh.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
1. How proud you must be, to have a 19-year-old child still dependent on someone else.
This quote sums up the pure condescending hatred endemic of the Republican Party these days. Just totally oblivious to reality and willing to condemn other people they haven't even met.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
Wow, the LWNJs here tell us plenty about them, no?

Ellison is the perfect rep for them.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:05 AM

525 posts, read 508,545 times
Ellison is a joke. No one takes this moron seriously, with exception to the people relying on MSNBC as their news source. Further...the GOP has put forth options on healthcare. The GOP has talked about healthcare options to lower cost and increase competition for years. It was a focal point of Paul Ryan's platform in the 2012 election...the reason you people aren't aware of the solutions listed are because you would rather discuss the "important" issues.......like binders of women.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Ellison is a joke. No one takes this moron seriously, with exception to the people relying on MSNBC as their news source. Further...the GOP has put forth options on healthcare. The GOP has talked about healthcare options to lower cost and increase competition for years. It was a focal point of Paul Ryan's platform in the 2012 election...the reason you people aren't aware of the solutions listed are because you would rather discuss the "important" issues.......like binders of women.
I don't think the Republican base would like Ryans Idea for Medicare as he would essentially force all seniors into an ACA program where they pick from private insurers. Medicare would be means tested and seniors with low incomes would be given "premium support". Does that sound familiar? Ryans only plan for the ACA was to repeal it and then block grant Medicaid. Tell us more about Ryans plan for Medicare and why Republicans are behind it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies