Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 02:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,110,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Are. You. Kidding. Me????? For YEARS liberals have been toting the benefits of healthy eating. YEARS!!!!! We have a freakin' First Lady whose #1 agenda is fighting obesity with healthy nutrition & exercise. And you have the freakin' GALL to now ignore all of this & blame obesity on liberals? You are a piece of work, truly. This is the perfect example of hypocrisy at its finest. What a joke.
LOL

The utterly contemptuous joke is that you proclaim that liberals own the "healthy eating" mantra while simultaneously fighting tooth and nail to preserve, and even expand, the food stamp program without any limits whatsoever on the type of "junk" food people can by with those handouts.

Epic fail!!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 02:26 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,744,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I support FREE birth control to any and all - no income requirements or anything - just a quick medical exam for those methods that require it.

But, you know, they don't want to pay for contraception, even though it would be a fraction of what it costs to support a child until it's 18.
I support women closing their legs, and men keeping their dongs in their pants. if they choose to be idiots, I support not supporting their offspring.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
None of the above. Business is good. Financially secure. Cadillac health insurance. Happily married. Life is good as I am a net positive to the United States.

Unlike the woman profiled in the OP, and those of you who defend her and her actions to the detriment of this nation.
I find your description of yourself and life hard to believe. No one with such a good life would HATE so much and so easily. This board is full of your threads that are enormously hate filled about something, anything.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,688,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I was driving thru a not so great part of town like last year & Burger King had a billboard touting "Feed a Family of 4 For $15.00$!" I was just so grossed out by that.
Exactly.
McDonald's does the same thing with their McNuggets meals. $4.99 for a twenty piece that contains 75% of a human's daily fat intake. 75%!!!
But of course when you have a couple of hungry kids and very little money, that's a great deal.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:28 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,744,942 times
Quote:
LOL

The utterly contemptuous joke is that you proclaim that liberals own the "healthy eating" mantra while simultaneously fighting tooth and nail to preserve, and even expand, the food stamp program without any limits whatsoever on the type of "junk" food people can by with those handouts.

Epic fail!!!!
she's right ya know. liberals love healthy eating. that's why they love starbucks. their healthy 4800 calorie crapacinos are a liberals paradise. liberals also support american jobs with their apple devices made from chinese slavery.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:29 PM

88,942 posts, read 44,763,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
It's not a liberal philosophy ...it's a conservative philosophy when right-wing politicians receive all that campaign money from ADM and Frito-Lay to push "cheap calories" onto an "unsuspecting public" in the name of "freedom to eat what you want", even if it will kill you, and then those politicians complaining about rising medical costs that result from their idiot actions!
ADM donates more to Democrats.
Archer Daniels Midland: Summary | OpenSecrets

Old 11-11-2013, 02:29 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,262,173 times
Quote:
A doctor's appointment after eating a breakfast paid for by food stamps? Gee, I wonder who will be paying for that medical visit!

Of course, when a conservative steps up to try to put a stop to this madness, Democrats and liberals demagogue them (us) to death for trying to deprive little Juan or Tyrone or Jimmy of his Fruity Pebbles!

This woman is the THE PERFECT example of failed liberal ideology. She's the child of immigrants. She's fat. She's disabled. She does not work. She receive's food stamps. She has 5 obese children.

Is there a more perfect example of how liberals and liberalism are the death of America?

How the food stamp diet is leaving the Rio Grande Valley both hungry and obese | The Washington Post
You seem to have told us of some of your usual dislikes Aero, yeah we heard you the first time 4 years ago.
Hate the poor
Hate food stamp program
Hate liberals and their ideology
Hate children of Immigrants
hate the obese
hate the disabled
hate the unemployed.
And of course the ubiquitous Liberals equal death of America mantra.
I like this one
Quote:
Of course, when a conservative steps up to try to put a stop to this madness, Democrats and liberals demagogue them (us) to death for trying to deprive little Juan or Tyrone or Jimmy of his Fruity Pebbles!
And the conservatives solution is to take away from those in need and give them nothing.
As usual very entertaining AeroGuyDC but does very little to address Americas problems

Old 11-11-2013, 02:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,110,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How is a conservative trying to put a stop to this "madness?"

I thought that telling people what to eat is a nanny-state problem?

Seems to me that the First Lady and others (see Bloomberg, Michael) have some ideas, but, those are roundly shot down by the right as being too intrusive, etc.

Other than not allowing them to buy any food, how exactly should this issue of their poor nutrition be addressed?
Bloomberg's "Big Gulp Ban" is a TERRIBLE example for you to try to parlay in this discussion. Why? Because if I earn a paycheck through hard work, then I DESERVE to be able to buy with MY OWN MONEY a Big Gulp if that's what I want to buy.

A taxpayer funded handout is an entirely different scenario and has no comparison whatsoever to the liberty to buy what you want with your OWN hard-earned money.

There should be limits on what a person can buy with taxpayer-funded handouts. ESPECIALLY when the foods purchased with taxpayer funds lead to a burden on our healthcare system as a whole.

Do you disagree?

Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,696,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

I think the OP is missing the point of the article, poor nutrition and obesity are a huge problem in this country (no pun intended.)
One of the other points is that lobbyists for the Texas Beverage Association and the like of Coke, Kraft and Mars are spending $Millions to ensure their interests are protected in the highly lucrative SNAP Market.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM

2,959 posts, read 3,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.
McDonald's does the same thing with their McNuggets meals. $4.99 for a twenty piece that contains 75% of a human's daily fat intake. 75%!!!
But of course when you have a couple of hungry kids and very little money, that's a great deal.
If you don't like it, go eat somewhere else! See what I mean about the logic (or lack there of) from liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.