Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 02:36 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,706,282 times

Advertisements

I have been wondering this for a while. obama got elected by claiming to be black. there were more qualified and experienced candidates, but he had the "history" thing going for him. I recently read an article claiming that anyone who wanted to challenge must be a woman, because democrats are "eying history again." I have often said that any white male that votes for a democrat is a self loather, and this is further proof of why. it seems like their goal is to nominate anyone but a white male. what's up with that? I mean, is there no white male democrat that is better suited to run for the white house than a brain damaged ex first lady? don't get me started on warren. are there any "up and comers" that are white men in the democrat party, or are democrats finally phasing them out of their cult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,773,082 times
In my opinion, qualified people from EVERY side are hesitant to run because of the money it takes to run and because of the total skewering one takes going through the election.

Elections have always been about the best campaigner with the best election team. Most of the time these are manifestations of his quality of character, but there are some glaring exceptions (Nixon, e.g.).

Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
In my opinion, qualified people from EVERY side are hesitant to run because of the money it takes to run and because of the total skewering one takes going through the election.

Elections have always been about the best campaigner with the best election team. Most of the time these are manifestations of his quality of character, but there are some glaring exceptions (Nixon, e.g.).
obviously the white house is bought. this is just a simple fact. the only serious third party candidate challenger we've had in recent history was perot, and it was because he was a billionaire.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,993,490 times
In some ways, yes. But so are conservatives. EVERYONE is trying to leave a mark no matter what kind.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Your original post states that this is a phenomenon of liberals. If someone can demonstrate right-wingers doing the same, it destroys your thesis.
it seems to be. tell me why the number one democrat right now is a woman with brain damage.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:30 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,291,696 times
liberals cannot elect good candidates.

they all work from the premis that the federal government is the source of all solutions to all the problems we face.

Such thinking can only breed dependence. It ruins society. If fails on every level.

in most cases government is NOT the answer, and in those cases where government is the answer, it ought to be thought of only after all other avenues have been exhaused, and then it should be viewed with skeptisism and distrust.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,139,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it seems to be. tell me why the number one democrat right now is a woman with brain damage.
Yes, we know, you've cited one example without getting specific and without citing any data that indicate this is a motivation of Dem voters. Again, another argument based upon feelings.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:32 PM

9,240 posts, read 9,691,124 times
The idea of election is already outdated. However western culture will never admit it.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,139,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
liberals cannot elect good candidates.

they all work from the premis that the federal government is the source of all solutions to all the problems we face.

Such thinking can only breed dependence. It ruins society. If fails on every level.

in most cases government is NOT the answer, and in those cases where government is the answer, it ought to be thought of only after all other avenues have been exhaused, and then it should be viewed with skeptisism and distrust.
Please cite one liberal candidate who has ever argued that the federal government is the source to the solution of all our problems.

Note: Citing a right-wing commentator saying that a liberal has said this does not pass the giggle test.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yes, we know, you've cited one example without getting specific and without citing any data that indicate this is a motivation of Dem voters. Again, another argument based upon feelings.
obama is a half black. fact. clinton is a woman. fact. who are the white male up and comers in the democrat party, and how were/are the half black and woman any better than anyone else? and AS I SAID, how is a woman with brain damage the best the democrats have to offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies