Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We "know this" because we read something other than Obama issued talking points. There were plenty of articles about the sudden invitation of a few Conservative journalists to one of Obama's "special" briefings. There have been a lot of articles over the years of Obama's inner circle and his problems with anybody who dares to disagree with him.

A recent article in Vanity Fair from a big Obama supporter goes in depth with some of Obama's problems and his arrogance.

Obama the Loner: The Trouble with the President's Self Reliant, Closed off Attitude

There are those on the Left that are very concerned, they actually write the best articles about this "closed circle" because they are very worried about it.

I would add that Obama has also quietly "purged" the Military top ranks of those who disagree or even question his policies. He doesn't want (or feels he needs) any "advise" - he is convinced he knows more and is "smarter" that all of them combined.

His attitude is just not Rational - it's a very dangerous attitude for a person who went from Community Organizer to Leader of the Free World in a very short step with almost no experience in Governing or in Domestic or Foreign policy - certainly no experience in Military Policy.

Very interesting article. And from Vanity Fair (they aren't some conservative magazine, are they?))

Of course, the focus is on the President and his personal shortcomings.

Whereas the thread is about opinion columnists sitting down with the President to have conversations which evidently brainwash them into no longer having opinions of their own, but simply parroting the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We "know this" because we read something other than Obama issued talking points. There were plenty of articles about the sudden invitation of a few Conservative journalists to one of Obama's "special" briefings. There have been a lot of articles over the years of Obama's inner circle and his problems with anybody who dares to disagree with him.

A recent article in Vanity Fair from a big Obama supporter goes in depth with some of Obama's problems and his arrogance.

Obama the Loner: The Trouble with the President's Self Reliant, Closed off Attitude

There are those on the Left that are very concerned, they actually write the best articles about this "closed circle" because they are very worried about it.

I would add that Obama has also quietly "purged" the Military top ranks of those who disagree or even question his policies. He doesn't want (or feels he needs) any "advise" - he is convinced he knows more and is "smarter" that all of them combined.

His attitude is just not Rational - it's a very dangerous attitude for a person who went from Community Organizer to Leader of the Free World in a very short step with almost no experience in Governing or in Domestic or Foreign policy - certainly no experience in Military Policy.
Thank you for posting this. I was going to get around to posting this type of refutation to the liberal naysayers on this thread, but you beat me to it. As always, what's missing from their arguments are the underlying fact that this President is hell bent on making sure that everyone knows that he is "right" and he will go to whatever length.....including corralling opinion "journalists" to make sure they don't cross him in their writings.....to make certain that he is in control of his (failed) message.

Thanks Kibby!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If he had invited me to one of these little discussions (that'll be the day), I would have gone, if only to tell him why I disagree with him and what I think the ultimate result of his policies will be.

Do you now not trust my opinions?

--------------------------------

P.S. "opinions journalists" are supposed to be biased. They're not supposed to be objective. That's why the term "opinion" is in their description.

P.P.S. The whole idea behind "Opinion" columns, is that you have to judge them by what they say and what you think their foundation, reasoning, and result will be. Trying to pre-judge them according to what the author has done in the past, sounds a lot like running away from the fight before you even clash swords. Instead of trying to poison people against certain columnists, maybe you should encourage people to read them and judge them accordingly?
OP, when you lose Little-Acorn with your faux liberal-hating outrage, you're doing something wrong. Very, very wrong.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nope. Not way off at all. Byer's article presents to us the fact that the President of the United States of America invites opinion columnists that he "trusts" to chat and to get their insight into his policies. For what reason? For the purpose of "winning over" the columnists. Who would benefit from "winning over" the columnists that might have otherwise criticized him (stretch, I know!)? None other than Barack Hussein Obama.

I find it very curious that you would question the liberal media bed-buddy atmosphere with the President. Even as it is put in front of you to read with clarity through Byer's article.

Further, I find it a bit troubling that you can't identify, decipher, and analyze more than one point in a journalistic piece. Usually that's how it's supposed to work. What happened here?
It also indicates he cares about nobody else's opinion unless they align with his own.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It also indicates he cares about nobody else's opinion unless they align with his own.
Yep. Groupthink:
//www.city-data.com/forum/32193042-post2.html

Old 11-12-2013, 03:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
OP, when you lose Little-Acorn with your faux liberal-hating outrage, you're doing something wrong. Very, very wrong.
No, actually just the opposite. Conservative ideology is not the same as liberal ideology. We don't all reside on the same reservation taking orders from the ideological gods. He has an opinion. I have an opinion. That doesn't mean they are congruent at all times like that of liberals and liberalism. I know that's hard to understand for you folks, but it's true.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:09 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Sure, the thread title could have easily been "Bush' New Best Friends"......"Carter's New Best Friends..." ...."Clinton's New Best Friends"...etc. But where does that fit into objective "journalism" in the context that journalism is first and foremost responsible for holding government accountable?

It doesn't matter who the President is. What matters is that this is irresponsible on the part of "journalists" who expect to be taken seriously with their allegedly objective points of view.
No offense, but the outrage seems a little selective...

Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
That doesn't mean they are congruent at all times like that of liberals and liberalism.
Ehm - that's not just wrong, it's rather insulting. It's not a liberal radio host whose fans call themselves "dittoheads".

Comapre and contrast with Jon Stewart raking this administration over the coals with regard to the ACA rollout fiasco.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
No, actually just the opposite. Conservative ideology is not the same as liberal ideology. We don't all reside on the same reservation taking orders from the ideological gods. He has an opinion. I have an opinion. That doesn't mean they are congruent at all times like that of liberals and liberalism. I know that's hard to understand for you folks, but it's true.
Oh, good grief! Just look at the way most of you on this forum treat Chris Christie. And any time anyone proposes co-operating, just a little, with Obama, they're called a "RINO".

Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Don't you mean opinion communists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies