Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 01:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Agreed. Just because a bank tells says, you have been approved for a loan up to 400k, does not always mean you can afford a 400k home.

I know there were some people who lost their jobs and lost their homes.....I am not talking about that.

If you purchased a home with no money down for an amount you knew was going to be a struggle to pay.....and have an ARM loan.......that's what I am talking about.
That has nothing to do with the 1.2 million that were current on their payments and then lied to by the banks to get foreclosures.

It's already a done deal. The banks settled with many of the homeowners because THEY were in the wrong. Not the homeowners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 01:07 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That has nothing to do with the 1.2 million that were current on their payments and then lied to by the banks to get foreclosures.

It's already a done deal. The banks settled with many of the homeowners because THEY were in the wrong. Not the homeowners.
Yeah they swept that one under the carpet.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM

872 posts, read 827,520 times
Quote:

I did not say it did, but, I am sure it has something to do with the remaining 70%.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:

yes there was some underhanded stuff

but that has nothing to do with the millions that bought homes they couldnt afford

like the guy in 07 on cnn crying that he was going to lose his house:

we all felt sad for him.......
until he said it was a 700k house.......
until he said his income was only 45k.....

the most he should have quailifed for is 180k

Old 11-14-2013, 01:31 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes there was some underhanded stuff

but that has nothing to do with the millions that bought homes they couldnt afford

like the guy in 07 on cnn crying that he was going to lose his house:

we all felt sad for him.......
until he said it was a 700k house.......
until he said his income was only 45k.....

the most he should have quailifed for is 180k
Where in Bazzoro world do banks loan unqualified people large amounts of money? And above all why did the rating agencies bless those scams with a AAA rating? Asses need to go to jail now. It wasn't just deadbeat home owners who got screwed, millions of responsible people where bilked out of trillion of dollars and that includes many investors. .....while a handful walk away with billions and a bunch of that from tax payers.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:35 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Where in Bazzoro world do banks loan unqualified people large amounts of money? And above all why did the rating agencies bless those scams with a AAA rating? Asses need to go to jail now. It wasn't just deadbeat home owners who got screwed, millions of responsible people where bilked out of trillion of dollars and that includes many investors. .....while a handful walk away with billions and a bunch of that from tax payers.
community reinvestment act.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
My roommate is in his early 30's. I'm pretty sure he could care less about the 80's and 90's. He's not "dumb" because he lost out during the crash. Millions of Americans lost out. In fact, he's one of the smartest people I know and I'd put his resume up against yours any day of the week.
If he is in his 30's then why does he care? Anyone that young will be more than OK in the long term. Also, you can rebound very easily if you re balance correctly. Did he? He should have made more than he lost in the 3 years after the crash, if he re balanced correctly.

Quote:
And for me, I'm so hypocritical and ignorant that Wall St. hired me
Weren't you just an intern for a few months? You never exactly worked on wall street.

You are hypocritical enough that you have admitted that you hire part time employees so that you don't have to pay for insurance, but you go on to complain about other people who do the same thing.

Quote:
As usual, the lies and half truths are debunked.
And again, you post that article like it is the bible and you don't even understand what it says. It says that banks refused to re-negotiate mortgages for people who were going to lose them and then people blamed banks. That isn't exactly a bank's fault.

Quote:
If you buy a $2,000 TV with a credit card and can't afford it, is that Best Buy's fault?

Old 11-14-2013, 01:52 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Where in Bazzoro world do banks loan unqualified people large amounts of money?
Way back when HUD and Fannie Mae partnered with Countrywide prior to 2000 to "...use nontraditional credit, a practice accepted by the GSEs."

Case Study: Countrywide Home Loans, Inc.
published by Fannie Mae Foundation, 2000
http://www.truthandcommonsense.org/d...eckleneess.pdf

Old 11-14-2013, 02:11 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
If he is in his 30's then why does he care? Anyone that young will be more than OK in the long term. Also, you can rebound very easily if you re balance correctly. Did he? He should have made more than he lost in the 3 years after the crash, if he re balanced correctly.

Weren't you just an intern for a few months? You never exactly worked on wall street.

You are hypocritical enough that you have admitted that you hire part time employees so that you don't have to pay for insurance, but you go on to complain about other people who do the same thing.

And again, you post that article like it is the bible and you don't even understand what it says. It says that banks refused to re-negotiate mortgages for people who were going to lose them and then people blamed banks. That isn't exactly a bank's fault.

If you buy a $2,000 TV with a credit card and can't afford it, is that Best Buy's fault?
You know what the hell I'm talking about. You're not talking to a kid. I'm talking about large sums of money. When I was your age I had to prove I was credit worthy and prove it over time. I still posses the my first credit card that I earned before you where born. Of course the terms are different.....

Old 11-14-2013, 02:12 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. Democrats don't help people succeed. They help herd more into poverty. That's exactly what has happened under Obama's presidency.
Hogwash. Still, you said that Democrats keep people poor because otherwise they wouldn't get their votes. That translates to: if those people become successful under our watch, then they won't vote for us. We need to keep them poor.

Literally, pretty much the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Not surprising, though.

Quote:
Additionally, those receiving public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. Guess which demographic all those extra children will be joining as adults after they've grown up in poverty.
Well, apparently, every super successful person on this forum came from poverty and built themselves up on their own, so I'm going to guess that all of those children will follow suit. It'll be nice to have so many more self-made successful people around trumpeting their wisdom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies