Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 09:33 AM

275 posts, read 192,070 times

Advertisements

Notice that government run schools teach the poor mans mindset? They teach people to go to school to learn how to work for someone else. They don't even teach people about money. They don't teach the difference between assets and liabilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If you have a dollar more than I do ,give it to me. I deserve it because I said so.
Lol that's pretty much how the left thinks.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:37 AM

88,572 posts, read 44,294,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
It seems that people with a poor man's mindset lean left. The poorer the mindset the further left they lean with the exception of the liberal elite who are majorly benefitting from increasing the number of poor people.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER!

Dems buy votes by handing out freebies, all the while expecting their supporters to ignore the fact that 7 of the 10 richest members of Congress are Democrats.
Meet the Top 10 Richest Members of Congress - ABC News

Not sure when or even if general population liberals will ever wake up and see what's being done to them.

Quote:
The left encourages the poor man's mindset and is making more poor.
Exactly.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,072,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes. That's what DIDN'T INHERIT THEIR WEALTH means.
I know what that statement means. Were you implying that ALL were entrepreneurs and innovators? Don't know what your arguing here.

As far as the OP goes, having the huge income disparity is bad for the overall economy. That's basic Economics. A healthier Economy would have more money circulating to the Middle and Lower income brackets.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 AM

20,900 posts, read 19,372,836 times
Another "I'm not rich, waaah, waaah, waaaaaah" thread.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,464,238 times
Income inequality is the natural state of an economy.. The two decade era of so-called shared prosperity, after WW2, was brief and unique, due to unlikely to be repeated global circumstances. Income inequality has been growing since the 70's.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,880,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Funny how the OP only mentions the Koch's. What a blatant sheep. Under Obama's form of capitalism, all HIS cronies are getting richer while we ALL get poorer. Again, this what the Left is up to:

What Obama and I Learned at Columbia: How to Destroy America From Within
The rich have been outpacing everyone else for 30 years. The trend long pre-dates Obama.
Quote:
It seems that people with a poor mans mindset leans left. The poorer the mindset the further left they lean with the exception of the liberal elite who are majorly benefitting from increasing the number of poor people. It seems that people with a rich mans mindset tend to lean right because they understand how money works.

The left encourages the poor mans mindset and is making more poor.
Both Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are for greater income equality and higher taxes on the wealthy.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,876,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
This will never change because of the way people feel about money. You can take every single dime away from the 1% and give it to the poor, and the 1% will get it back again and the poor will be poor again because money always has been and always will be an "issue" with them, and a lot of people here know what I am talking about.

Please don't dash yourself on the rocks about this. Look into it and you'll understand.
That's not true. Many of the ultra rich simply inherited their wealth and did not create it themselves.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I know what that statement means. Were you implying that ALL were entrepreneurs and innovators? Don't know what your arguing here.

As far as the OP goes, having the huge income disparity is bad for the overall economy. That's basic Economics. A healthier Economy would have more money circulating to the Middle and Lower income brackets.
So exactly what are you doing to improve YOUR circumstance or are you actually hoping that the government will make you rich?

Democrats are just feeding off your jealousy for their benefit. It is impossible for the government to make you rich.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:48 AM

45,301 posts, read 26,793,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If you have a dollar more than I do ,give it to me. I deserve it because I said so.
Quote:
Lol that's pretty much how the left thinks.
Jealousy and envy wrapped in the cloak of unfairness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies