Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
As a Dutch born person and having lived there for decades I can tell you that over the years education and other things have gone down a lot and partly arethe liberal laws to blame for that since kids are performing less while using weeds and other stuff and sex at all times of the day on tv is not doing any positive purpose to anybody.

Only some people think it is cool to use the F word on tv all the time, so Christian or whatever morality someone wants to mention is at least helping for young people to focus better or more important things.

The Pink/Gay Parade has been going on there for decades and I remember being at work in retail at the time and not getting one customer in the door due to the Gay parade and little kids walking with their kissing 2 moms and/or dad. Everything was so over the top and just done to shock.

I don't have issues with gay people but just as a regular couple I don't need to see what they should do behind closed doors! Especially not in front of little kids!
You think kissing should only be done behind closed doors? That's a bit extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Does any one really care what that slag does?
Not especially. Kind of hard to miss when every other news flash is some lunacy by Bieber or Cyrus.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Someone needs to take that little idiot and give her a good spanking.

If Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, who would try to sow some wild oats, got together I would pray for crop failure.

She is on her way to becoming another Lindsey Lohan. A drugged up, boozed up floozy on her way to an early grave.
Actually I disagree, Miley knows what she is doing and that is keeping herself relevant in pop culture which means more money for her. Every time someone talks about her, her bank account goes up. That is called smart business in the pop world.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I disagree, Miley knows what she is doing and that is keeping herself relevant in pop culture which means more money for her. Every time someone talks about her, her bank account goes up. That is called smart business in the pop world.

You do make a good point. However; when it comes to her increasing popularity when she pulls idiotic crap like this it just goes to show how out of wack our priorities are! People would rather focus on her antics, and watching reality tv than pay attention to what those in DC are doing to this country.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You do make a good point. However; when it comes to her increasing popularity when she pulls idiotic crap like this it just goes to show how out of wack our priorities are! People would rather focus on her antics, and watching reality tv than pay attention to what those in DC are doing to this country.
I won't argue there, no different than the people who care more about what is going on with their sports teams than DC. Using entertainment as a distraction is an age old tool that we all use for many different reasons.

I love a punk band from Lebanon that was risking their lives to put on concerts in clubs because they felt people needed a distraction from the violence that was going on around them. Distractions can sometimes be good for people. If we paid attention to everything DC all the time we would go insane.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are many Dutch who are not happy with that reputation.
Oh well, that's how it goes. Not every single citizen in every single country is going to love every single thing about the country they live in or what other people think of their country. For instance, many foreigners believe Americans are fat, loud, stupid, & only live to fondle their guns....wait.....

Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
There are always people who don't like something. But thanks for pointing that out as a refresher.
Yes, there were people who didn't like slavery, and thank god they spoke out, as opposed to shrugging and saying "well, you can't please everyone".

Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, there were people who didn't like slavery, and thank god they spoke out, as opposed to shrugging and saying "well, you can't please everyone".
You're comparing pot to slavery? Give it a rest man.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
something about Miley....

- gay marriage ( although after being the first country now many countries have followed and defiantly not all Dutch people are in favor of gay marriages but many are in favor of equal legal rights for same sex couples as for couple of opposite sexes)
Did you mean "defiantly", or did you mean "D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y?

I don't care about Miley, but I was wondering the above because I see that all over the internet. You do realize that those are two different words?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Oh well, that's how it goes. Not every single citizen in every single country is going to love every single thing about the country they live in or what other people think of their country. For instance, many foreigners believe Americans are fat, loud, stupid, & only live to fondle their guns....wait.....
By the looks of the crowd at sports events, one does have to ask where have the skinny or at least not greatly over sized people gone.

I don't know gun fondlers, I do know responsible gun owners......stupid not a chance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies