Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you trying to say that me being upset at the lies constantly coming out of the mouths of our elected officials is fake?

Indeed there is a great deal of hypocrisy all around.
I didn't say yours. I'm aiming my comments at things like the link you posted. Tomorrow when a Republican lies, it'll be all over the liberal news sources.

I was talking to a coworker yesterday, I made a comment that, the people wanting to impeach the president are barking up the wrong tree. He asked why, "hasn't he lied to us enough" Lies aren't an impeachable offense unless they are under oath.

Just a lot of fake outrage over something that anyone with two functioning brain cells knew was going to be rolled out painfully, and take time to fix. It doesn't help when both sides of the aisle are lying, and people don't know whats true or not. I focus on what I can change, misconceptions from both sides about the program, not the lying that we know is going to be spewed from the ******* that is Washington DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I didn't say yours. I'm aiming my comments at things like the link you posted. Tomorrow when a Republican lies, it'll be all over the liberal news sources.
O.K.

Quote:
I was talking to a coworker yesterday, I made a comment that, the people wanting to impeach the president are barking up the wrong tree. He asked why, "hasn't he lied to us enough" Lies aren't an impeachable offense unless they are under oath.
Yes. I've made this same argument.

Quote:
Just a lot of fake outrage over something that anyone with two functioning brain cells knew was going to be rolled out painfully, and take time to fix. It doesn't help when both sides of the aisle are lying, and people don't know whats true or not. I focus on what I can change, misconceptions from both sides about the program, not the lying that we know is going to be spewed from the ******* that is Washington DC
It's not going to get fixed. It's going to collapse and make a mess.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
I disagree partially.

Premiums went up because folks are having to pay for a plan that offers more, as a minimum standard, then the catastrophic coverage they did have covered.
That's only part of the story. Premiums also have to go up to pay for all of the previously uninsured. Premiums also have to go up to pay for coverages that lots of people don't want.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I fully disagree. Insurance companies aren't allowed to drop coverage by law. So nobody is losing policies. Second, with subsidies, most that are "paying more" aren't paying more. They are getting superior insurance for around the same price. In fact, millions could get policies for free.
That is a bald faced lie and you know it. Insurance companies are REQUIRED to drop coverages.

Yes, millions may get policies for free because other taxpayers are footing the bill.

Quit telling lies.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
But we have young, single men, who pay for those things in most company offered insurance, I know its standard for my companies insurance.

Insurance covers lots of things you'll never need. .
Only because those coverages were MANDATED by our Big Government.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 AM

5 posts, read 5,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The only people left defending this atrocity are a few select obamabots on c-d. It's loads of fun to watch these clowns post complete and utter nonsense over and over.
My insurance went down, so did my in-laws. And it went down a lot.

Why wouldn't I defend it? It works for us. And let's be honest, in this country now (especially on the right) it's all about, "I got mine, so *********."

So, to all of you conservatives crying hear this. I got mine this time, so *********!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
By free do you mean that no body is paying for these, or is it just the person getting this policy isn't paying. Somebody is paying for this "free policy" and it tax payers like me. I have to pay for someone's policy not even knowing their health condition, so a person who doesn't give a damn about their own health choices gets a free policy and I the tax payer gets to take care of them. You tell how that equates to a free policy.
Yes, you are paying extra so that many people can have "free" insurance. You are paying them to have babies. You are paying for their birth control. You are paying for their sex change operations.

But it's "free"......... in government speak.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Never fails to amaze me when people discover politicians lie.
Never fails to amaze me when people defend lying politicians by saying "they all do it".

Old 11-12-2013, 10:23 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
I disagree partially.

Premiums went up because folks are having to pay for a plan that offers more, as a minimum standard, then the catastrophic coverage they did have covered.

I think that the only fix for the system that's in place now is to have a public option. Not a public exchange. Add medicare as an option, that you pay for monthly.

After this fiasco do you think the public will sit idly by?

We screamed no! the last time and they passed it anyway against the will of most people.

The protests will be louder this time.
Trust is gone.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:25 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I do agree with one thing! Republicans can't read and if Pukes didn't like "ObamaCare" they should have been voted out of office!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
All Republicans in Congress voted against Obamacare.
nice failure MR, but like laurac pointed out, NO republicans voted for obamacare, only democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies