Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,107,183 times

Advertisements

The Clintons need to bash and demean now so they can be held blameless later.
Don't you see that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,798,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Bill Clinton says President Obama should keep health care promise - POLITICO.com

It is one thing for Republicans to parade around the "Keep your Plan Act" despite the fact that in the real world, the status quo is already destroyed and there is no way any insurance company is going to extend coverage after announcing cancellations--particularly at last year's rates. But now President Clinton says Obama should keep his promise, let people keep their plans. Old Bill knows this is impossible, but this is a fine way to put the screws to his good frenemy, Barack Obama.

I'll bet a lot of people were screaming and swearing and throwing things around in the West Wing today.

And now some people are saying that having healthcare.gov up by 12/1 is not going to allow the millions of people who need to sign up, enough time. There will be people with no coverage.

"The Obama administration is in a very dangerous place. The policies it has pursued have now put at risk the health insurance of millions of people. Their current defense—that all will be well in December—is not good enough because many Americans will still experience a break in coverage even if things are running perfectly in December."

It

Tipping point? How will this play out? We need our insurance markets to work, and this looks like a total disaster.
Bill Clinton was a good president and a leader. Obama is just a petulant child with an ego issue. Glad to know Bill spoke up about this.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,268,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
IF Hillary Clinton decides to run in 2016, she won't be running on the ACA. First of all, she proposed a distinctly different plan when Bill Clinton was President, and she presented a distinctly different plan when she ran against President Obama. So if President Clinton starts criticizing the rollout of the ACA website and the consequences of the ACA, take it as political maneuvering. The Clintons are a team. Whatever dynamic goes on inside their marriage, politically they are a team. Their political ideologies and goals have always been in sync. And it doesn't hurt either of the Clintons to criticize the ACA and the weaknesses of the law.
I will agree that the Clintons are a team, but they are not always in lockstep. Bill has a tendency to go off on his own. During the 2008 campaign Hillary's campaign people had a lot of problems keeping him in check. I think Bill likes the attention for one thing. For another thing, it seems sometimes to me that sometimes Bill wants to see Hillary elected more than Hillary does. Maybe he sees it as a way to assuage his guilt for his many indiscretions--who knows?

So this could be a deliberate move by Hillary, getting ready for 2016, or it could just be Bill going off on his own.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:37 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,736,053 times
It's too little, too late for that.
And besides, this is not a good political move on Bill's part. Now Obama might not wanna spend much time campaigning for Hillary "glorified housewife" Clinton in 2016.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,375,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I will agree that the Clintons are a team, but they are not always in lockstep. Bill has a tendency to go off on his own. During the 2008 campaign Hillary's campaign people had a lot of problems keeping him in check. I think Bill likes the attention for one thing. For another thing, it seems sometimes to me that sometimes Bill wants to see Hillary elected more than Hillary does. Maybe he sees it as a way to assuage his guilt for his many indiscretions--who knows?

So this could be a deliberate move by Hillary, getting ready for 2016, or it could just be Bill going off on his own.
I agree with you, we can't know the underlying motivation.

But either way, Clinton is giving it to Obama good and hard. And Obama has no way to do anything but take it. This would be totally hilarious if not for my deep-seated concern about the future of health care financing in America.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:46 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,493,926 times
Looks like a civil war in the Democratic Party to me.

heh heh.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:48 PM

38,945 posts, read 50,850,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Bill Clinton was a good president and a leader. Obama is just a petulant child with an ego issue. Glad to know Bill spoke up about this.
Oh my. How time and politics changes things..

Old 11-12-2013, 12:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,495,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
It's too little, too late for that.
And besides, this is not a good political move on Bill's part. Now Obama might not wanna spend much time campaigning for Hillary "glorified housewife" Clinton in 2016.
No, actually it is perfectly timed. The winds have changed and Billary is seizing on the moment politically.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:52 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,902,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I agree with you, we can't know the underlying motivation.

But either way, Clinton is giving it to Obama good and hard. And Obama has no way to do anything but take it. This would be totally hilarious if not for my deep-seated concern about the future of health care financing in America.
It's a dilemma.. What we once had has been pretty much dismantled by what is now falling apart at the seams. Where do we go from here? I think we all have ideas but we won't be the ones making these decisions... Some idiot inside the beltway will and I see nothing good coming from this irrespective of where we turn.. I see even more people without healthcare than what we had in the beginning..

Old 11-12-2013, 12:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,867,824 times
More from the OP's link:
Quote:
Clinton told the website OZY that the implementation of the Affordable Care Act has been, on balance, a good thing. "The big lesson is that we're better off with this law than without it," Clinton said.
Quote:
Moreover, the price tag for consumers forced to buy new plans has varied. For consumers eligible for subsidies under the law, the total cost of the new insurance plan might actually be lower, and they get broader coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies