Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times

Advertisements

Wait a minute......

Allow me to find a bit of aluminum foil to put on my head but............

What if this stupid health care bill was meant to be a bust, and then Hilary could come in, as the "savior", and win the 2016 election, because her health care bill is not THAT different from His Arrogance's bill. There are some differences, but not much.

So....Bill comes along, starts the ball rolling, demanding that "O" do what he promised....the website doesn't work for spit....Bill and Hillary are on YOUR side, see? Look! They are standing up against His Royal Snottiness because they "care" about you!

All the other messes are being swept under the rug, (what difference does it make? that was a long time ago), which allows people to forget about the IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Drones, and everything else that has gone on....we will have America focusing fully on healthcare, "O" will screw it up on purpose, Bill will tell him to make it right for the American people, and good ol' Hillary will come sailing in just in time with HER plan...that is similar enough to take over, but different enough, (or so they think), to fool everyone in to voting for her.

As jacked up as this government has been, it would not surprise me at all if this was even close to true. I bet they have dinners together and laugh at us. "Ok, ok, listen, wouldn't it be funny if we totally messed up the healthcare plan....and then......"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 03:51 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
IF Hillary Clinton decides to run in 2016, she won't be running on the ACA. First of all, she proposed a distinctly different plan when Bill Clinton was President, and she presented a distinctly different plan when she ran against President Obama. So if President Clinton starts criticizing the rollout of the ACA website and the consequences of the ACA, take it as political maneuvering. The Clintons are a team. Whatever dynamic goes on inside their marriage, politically they are a team. Their political ideologies and goals have always been in sync. And it doesn't hurt either of the Clintons to criticize the ACA and the weaknesses of the law.
That's not it. Bill Clinton doesn't want Hillary Clinton (who he's so sure will win) to have a Republican House AND Senate. He thinks Obamacare will take down the incumbent Democrats in the Senate. The Republicans would still be there if his wife is elected so he wants Obama to fix it.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:05 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
In other words......I'm laying the cover for "Mrs. Pant Suit"!

Old 11-13-2013, 04:20 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,347,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Does anyone else notice how sick Clinton looks anymore? He is getting really skinny and tired looking. His clothes don't even fit him, they are too big.

It's that vegan diet he's on.

Somebody buy the man a Big Mac.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:10 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,540,936 times
No one can stand Hillary. She's just not likable or believable.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
IMO Clinton is still an evil old bastard, and I bet the WH feels the same way today. But it's undeniable he has his finger on the pulse of the American public when it comes to the ACA. But I bet he also knows what he's calling for is impossible. From a Republican point of view, damn this is fun to watch!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,833,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Does anyone else notice how sick Clinton looks anymore? He is getting really skinny and tired looking. His clothes don't even fit him, they are too big.

Reminds me of those pics of FDR circa early 1945. You know, near the end.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,255 times
He's building a platform for Hillary, he wants her out of the house....

Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Bill Clinton says President Obama should keep health care promise - POLITICO.com

It is one thing for Republicans to parade around the "Keep your Plan Act" despite the fact that in the real world, the status quo is already destroyed and there is no way any insurance company is going to extend coverage after announcing cancellations--particularly at last year's rates. But now President Clinton says Obama should keep his promise, let people keep their plans. Old Bill knows this is impossible, but this is a fine way to put the screws to his good frenemy, Barack Obama.

I'll bet a lot of people were screaming and swearing and throwing things around in the West Wing today.

And now some people are saying that having healthcare.gov up by 12/1 is not going to allow the millions of people who need to sign up, enough time. There will be people with no coverage.

"The Obama administration is in a very dangerous place. The policies it has pursued have now put at risk the health insurance of millions of people. Their current defense—that all will be well in December—is not good enough because many Americans will still experience a break in coverage even if things are running perfectly in December."

It

Tipping point? How will this play out? We need our insurance markets to work, and this looks like a total disaster.
I think Clinton is throwing Obama under the bus a little bit right now in the hopes of gaining benefit longer term.

If Obamacare does end up working out okay, then Clinton gets to claim he was part of getting it fixed.

If Obamacare doesn't work out okay, then Clinton gets to claim he did his best to try to get Obama to fix it.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Bill Clinton is a lot of things, most of which I disapprove of, but one thing he is not is a dummy. He sees a golden opportunity to set Hillary up as the savior of the ACA. If elected, she will bring in single payer, which is the dream of virtually every progressive in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies