Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
How "brave" of them facing down those 4 Moms like that.
Yeah, just like law enforcement. Thugs will be thugs.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's pretty idiotic to go toting rifles around public venues like restaurants and stores. Not sure what that gains anyone.
You say you don't know what that gains anyone... and then announce that other people are idiots?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:17 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Always fun to see some brave soul proclaim this... anonymously from behind a keyboard, days after the fact.
What was the purpose of the display?
Another empty display? Or some mass shooting of old ladies because they disagree? Or an armed confrontation with the cops?

The gun control issue is dead in the water. Nothing is going to change it for a long time to come. The United States is still a civilized nation that has not slid into the anarchy of the Old West. These 'rallies' don't amount to anything but an empty attempt at bullying or threatening those who don't agree.

I own a couple of guns, and I've been a shooter all my life. I live in a state where there have always been lots of guns. I'm not afraid of these knot heads and never have been. Go roll your eyes at someone else. Crap like this only hurts law abiding gun owners by creating the impression all shooters are a bunch of old, fat, white dimwits.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why are you asking me? I wasn't there and didn't ask them.

If you want a guess, you can get that from anyone. Mine would be, they did it to show that some ordinary people walking around with a gun, don't kill anyojne, don't injure anyone, don't threaten anyone, don't do anything at all; and are not more remarkable that someone who shows up with a car or a spoon.

Quote:
Or some mass shooting of old ladies because they disagree?
How many did they shoot? Or threaten? Or do anything at all to?

Quote:
Or an armed confrontation with the cops?
What armed confrontation was there?

Quote:
The gun control issue is dead in the water.
I would like very much to believe that was true.

Quote:
Nothing is going to change it
Well and good.

Quote:
for a long time to come.
What is your reason for believing that?

In my experience, ther are ALWAYS liberals around, trying to infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Sometimes they are more quiet than other times... but they never stop.

Quote:
The United States is still a civilized nation
Well and good.

Quote:
that has not slid into the anarchy of the Old West.
The Old West wasn't particularly anarchic. Most towns would go for years with no killings, no shootings, barely any crime at all. Guns were mostly used to shoot rattlesnakes, or shoot a horse that was dragging you. The few instances of actual violence have been hugely ballyhooed on TV and in movies... and even those were mild compared to what goes on in Chicago, DC, New York etc. every day nowadays.

BTW, most houses in the Old West had no locks on the doors. They didn't need them. Crime was very low nearly everywhere. And... the people inside the house usually had a gun or three, and everyone knew it. So crime STAYED low.

Quote:
These 'rallies' don't amount to anything but an empty attempt at bullying or threatening those who don't agree.
They amount to less than that. A couple guys standing there with their guns, are no more dangerous or threatening, than a couple of guys standing their with their cars. In fact, cars kill far more than guns.

Some people have been misled by paranoid anti-gun bigots, and see something nonthreatening as threatening. Gun owners aren't responsible for their delusions. And can't do much about them, except keep showing up every day, until the deluded ones start noticing that nothing bad EVER happens.

For certain deluded ones, that might take a long time. But again, that's not the gun owners' faults.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Another empty display? Or some mass shooting of old ladies because they disagree? Or an armed confrontation with the cops?

The gun control issue is dead in the water. Nothing is going to change it for a long time to come. The United States is still a civilized nation that has not slid into the anarchy of the Old West. These 'rallies' don't amount to anything but an empty attempt at bullying or threatening those who don't agree.

I own a couple of guns, and I've been a shooter all my life. I live in a state where there have always been lots of guns. I'm not afraid of these knot heads and never have been. Go roll your eyes at someone else. Crap like this only hurts law abiding gun owners by creating the impression all shooters are a bunch of old, fat, white dimwits.
The purpose of these demonstrations is not intimidation or confrontation, they are merely a protest against anti-gun groups like Mothers Demand Action and the like.

Do you think people who protest outside of abortion clinics are trying to "intimidate" people? I'm pro-choice but I see nothing wrong with groups who oppose abortion to peacefully assemble and peacefully protest.

It's no different than when in my area they banned smoking in municipal parks and a large group of protesters gathered in a park and smoked cigarettes, pipes, and cigars.

After thinking about this awhile longer, I've come to the conclusion that if all the group was doing was meeting inside the diner, then the gun owners protest in the parking lot was uncalled for. However, if Moms Demand Action was at the restaurant actively promoting their agenda unto to public, then the gun owners were justified..... That's just my personal opinion though

Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:

purpose of the display?

The purpose of the display is to demonstrate that nothing puts a taint of oppression on a political rally quicker than a bunch of paranoid, fear preaching, gun toting, rednecks.

Anytime guns make their appearance at a political rally, it means intimidation. Intimidation at the point of a gun. It degenerates the discussion to a third world level.
All guns should be banned at all political rallies.
This coming from an individual who owns registered machine guns and numerous assault-type(semi-auto) rifles, and lives in Arizona.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What exactly are they preserving, seems like they have too much time on their hands and need to create a problem that in reality doesn't exist. Their time would be better spent protesting wall street.
They are preserving the right to keep and bear arms, and by that, every other right and freedom we as Americans enjoy.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Any place in the U.S. where the government requires you to get their permission (license) before you can own a gun, is directly violating the 2nd amendment.
Do you have link to the US Supreme Court case that backs up this bogus claim?

Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They are preserving the right to keep and bear arms, and by that, every other right and freedom we as Americans enjoy.
Be that as it may, shoving guns in people's faces only makes things worse for their cause, whatever that is. Really, how many people go around demonstrating their constitutional rights? Reference--Starbucks. If it affects business and turns people off--they are not wanted. Go enjoy your guns at the gun range, not where people are dining.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Be that as it may, shoving guns in people's faces only makes things worse for their cause, whatever that is.
Which is probably why nobody did that.

I can't help noticing that the only way gun-haters can make law-abiding gun owners look bad, is to tell lies about what they are doing, as enigma777 does here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies