Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:31 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times

Advertisements

what the heck where those women doing out of the kitchen in the first place ?

Old 11-13-2013, 04:50 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
I would have fixed this quick and just called the cops and alerted the manager of the restaurant what was going on. I bet that i could have gotten them to leave. What a bunch of idiots. You want a gun? Either keep it at home or have a concealed license. With all the crazies running around these days, who knows who will have an itchy trigger finger and actually do something?

Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If the Moms' ideas are correct, then there must have been tons of gun violence coming from that group in the parking lot outside.

How many did they shoot?
That is ridiculous. You don't even know what the Mom's ideas are. You don't even know if they are opposed to CC. More phony conjecture leads to silly "cause and effect". You did the very thing you accused the Mom's of doing.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
I would have fixed this quick and just called the cops and alerted the manager of the restaurant what was going on. I bet that i could have gotten them to leave. What a bunch of idiots. You want a gun? Either keep it at home or have a concealed license. With all the crazies running around these days, who knows who will have an itchy trigger finger and actually do something?
Most police here in Anchorage, if called to something like this, would have taken the firearms and inspected them closely and thought that they were cool. The officers would compare ballistics and accuracy, and asked the owners where some of the "cool" accessories were purchased.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
what the heck where those women doing out of the kitchen in the first place ?
Some people just do not have a sense of humor.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
How "brave" of them facing down those 4 Moms like that.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:50 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Moms Against Gun Violence want to use their paranioa over inanimate objects be the justification for trampling the rights and freedoms of millions of people in this country. Is that ever right?

Imagine if they were scared of black people and promoted that they be locked up to make the society safer. Unjustfied? Morally wrong? Let alone unconstitutional? An unfair attack on an entire group of people, just because a small minority are violent? Sure, and all over their bias and paranoia. No different than MAGV.

Would you be complaining if the NAACP protested outside a KKK or Aryan Nations meeting? I'm sure they would be seen as intimidating.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 AM

If it would have been a bunch of Atheist, or pro-life, or 99%s instead of firearm enthusiast how many here would be defending their right to peacefully assemble and defend their right to free speech, assembly, etc.

I may not like what they were about but as a firearm owner I would stand up for their right to free speech and assembly.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Looks like the open carry people surrounded the moms in the restaurant, I am sure their message of threatening people advocating sensible gun laws will only help to make their case.

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com
If you go up to a person who is carrying a gun and ask them why they're carrying a gun, the answer will always be, "because I can".

Old 11-13-2013, 10:40 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Looks like the open carry people surrounded the moms in the restaurant, I am sure their message of threatening people advocating sensible gun laws will only help to make their case.

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com
Hmm...well, I can't say as to how "threatening" this vroup actually was, they do, however, have a right to expression. Not my style, as they went about it, but hey, it's still a free country, somewhat.

I'm not an open carry fan. I neither advocate or discourage it, as it's a matter of choice, but my choice is CCW. I just don't like drawing attention. Open carry does that. Imho, anyway. I also understand that the only people who need fear an OC is a criminal. This is the caveat that anti firearms people just don't get. We who carry, whether openly or concealed, are not looking to reenact Coffeeville Kansas or some cowtown saloon fight in 1873.

Personally, confrontation is the LAST thing I want. It's not like someone flips you off or is just an azzhole and it's time to go for ones holstered weapon. (Sigh) Unfortunatly this is the image being painted and is one of the reasons I don't open carry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies