Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 09:32 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times

Advertisements

Popcorn: Democrats in Disarray, Debating Whether to Turn On Obamacare - Guy Benson

You have Feinstein cosponsoring Landrieu's bill to allow people to keep their plan, Bill Clinton signaling that Obama should fix the law to keep his promise (which Obama denies was a promise).

Interesting to see if the media will break away from their republican infighting meme to cover this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Of all the biggest mistakes of Obamacare, not forcing Medicaid expansion was a huge blunder, another was not including the public option. There is no competition, even with the Marketplace. I really hope this was all deliberate to usher in single payer, because that was what should have happened in the first place with Medicare for All

Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I wish there were more Republicans publicly shouting "I told ya so" and "You should have read the bill" hitting the press.

This is 100% Dem and they can't even blame the Repubs for this so they are turning on their leader.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Of all the biggest mistakes of Obamacare, not forcing Medicaid expansion was a huge blunder, another was not including the public option. There is no competition, even with the Marketplace. I really hope this was all deliberate to usher in single payer, because that was what should have happened in the first place with Medicare for All
What we have is millions more on medicaid and the rest of us on high premium/high deductible plans.
That about sums it up.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Popcorn: Democrats in Disarray, Debating Whether to Turn On Obamacare - Guy Benson

You have Feinstein cosponsoring Landrieu's bill to allow people to keep their plan, Bill Clinton signaling that Obama should fix the law to keep his promise (which Obama denies was a promise).

Interesting to see if the media will break away from their republican infighting meme to cover this.
When the going gets tough...the tough go golfing.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:39 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Democrats should stand firm and reject the urge to do the right thing. You created this, you passed this, you own this!!! Let the voters know that you stand behind your president and you stand behind this law that you alone passed.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:39 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
For those of you hoping for single payer, this is a funny way to go about it. I mean, if you are going to make the case to a skeptical public that the government should take over the entire healthcare delivery system, you might have wanted to demonstrate that the government (i.e. democrats) knew what the hell it was doing with the ACA.

Now the argument seems to be we botched this so badly you need to let us take over the entire thing.

Good luck with that!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:

It is too late to go back.

We are way past the point of no return.
This is just a political move to try to save face.

"well i supported and past a law against it."

Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
For those of you hoping for single payer, this is a funny way to go about it. I mean, if you are going to make the case to a skeptical public that the government should take over the entire healthcare delivery system, you might have wanted to demonstrate that the government (i.e. democrats) knew what the hell it was doing with the ACA.

Now the argument seems to be we botched this so badly you need to let us take over the entire thing.

Good luck with that!
Medicare works. Old people may have complaints about it, but I'd be really hard rpessed to find a single one that would stop using Medicare right now, unless they have a platinum level retirement, which 99% of seniors do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What we have is millions more on medicaid and the rest of us on high premium/high deductible plans.
That about sums it up.
Exactly. I wasn't enthusiastic about this plan going up, I never supported Obamacare without the public option, but I would have greatly preferred phasing out Medicaid and having universal Medicare. The only good thing that came out of this mess is no more pre-existing conditions and you can't have your plan dropped because you got sick.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:54 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is too late to go back.

We are way past the point of no return.
This is just a political move to try to save face.

"well i supported and past a law against it."
The dems are trying to pull a "Kerry", "I voted for it before I voted against it".

And it won't work for them any better then it did for Kerry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies