Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

Mexico also would not allow millions of the most impoverished Americans to illegally cross into Mexico and give them food stamps, free health care, nor would it allow them to protest and march around shoving big US flags in everyone's faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,127,881 times
If you don't have an photo ID, you have not researched out your vote. It's that simple.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:46 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,149 times
Mexico's immigration policy is super tough too, we should adopt it as ours !

Old 11-13-2013, 04:48 PM

89 posts, read 141,991 times
Apparently, only English-Speaking, employed, college-educated property owners can be racists. Anyone else, it's OK.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:02 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Thread title says it all. Discuss. P.S. Canada and most of Europe require photo i.d. to vote as well.
The voter ID laws coming out of ALEC (the RW legislative puppy farm) are not so much racist, as they are opportunistic and cynical.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,334 times
My super liberal History teacher asked us what we think of voter ID laws and I said I am for it. He then said having voter ID laws would disfranchise the poor, minorities, the folks who can't get IDs because some are too old and don't have a birth certificate. He said the lack of ID would keep them from exercising their right to vote and voter ID laws are wrong.

So I asked him why is it that I need to how an ID when purchasing a gun since that is also a right and if it bothers him that law abiding minorities and the poor who can't get an ID cannot exercise their right to keep and bear arms due to laws that forbid the sale of weapons without an ID.

He dodged that question FIVE times even though I kept bringing it up. Still hasn't answered it.

You can say a vote can't kill, or something along those lines. However, keeping and bearing arms is a RIGHT just like voting is. So I guess some liberals only care about certain rights and don't think the same standard should apply to all of them. I don't see them advocating for the poor Joe Schmoe who wants to buy a gun but can't because he can't afford an ID...

Also, how can anyone live in this country their entire lives, go to school, get a job, be a productive member of society without having to prove who they are?!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
the voting ID=racism meme is clearly just a scam ploy from political charlatans like Al Sharpton. The usual useful idiots lap it up. OP has smoked 'em out--good job.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Tell you what. Since all those countries also outlaw capital punishment, let's make a deal. Voting IDs in exchange for abolishing the death penalty. If we're going to look to other countries for guidance on one law, we better be prepared to look at all their laws.
hahahahahahahahaa!

Man, liberals are funny.

Your dancing lessons are paying off! But again, if it's "racist" to require an ID for voting, is Mexico racist? How about Canada? How about most of Europe? Are they all racists?

C'mon, just answer the question, this isn't, "Let's Make A Deal", it's a simple question.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Tell you what. Since all those countries also outlaw capital punishment, let's make a deal. Voting IDs in exchange for abolishing the death penalty. If we're going to look to other countries for guidance on one law, we better be prepared to look at all their laws.
Why? Just because another country has one, or even a few good laws to follow as an example doesn't mean ALL their laws are something we should pursue.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Mexico is much poorer than the USA, but they have voter I.D. Laws. is Mexico racist?

No, not racist just smart. Win, win for Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies