Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Studies showing that, on average, liberals make more money than conservatives have been posted before.
It must be that pesky edumacation thing liberals always talk about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
I'm not a liberal, but I cannot stand mindless, destructive consumption, amoral pursuit of profit and ostentatious displays of wealth. It is wasteful and indicative of shallowness. You'll notice the uber-wealthy who get it and give much of what they accumulate away. I think Harry Chapin put it best: "Money is for people."

Old 11-13-2013, 07:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It must be that pesky edumacation thing liberals always talk about.
You'll notice that conservatives have recently ramped up the anti-college rhetoric. Perhaps this is their sneaky way of reducing the liberal population?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:14 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
Most conservatives live in trailer parks with their cars up on cinder blocks, married to a sibling or cousin, and may have one or two of their original teeth. The number one pick-up line at a conservative family reunion.......nice tooth.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You'll notice that conservatives have recently ramped up the anti-college rhetoric. Perhaps this is their sneaky way of reducing the liberal population?
Not so much sneaky, more like totally obvious.
And they claim to loathe eugenics...

Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Don't forget the poor, he really dug the poor. Jesus was not a conservative.
Poor, deluded little northnut still clings to the hysterical conviction that conservatives don't empathize with the poor.

What he gets for believing his own propaganda. I suppose somebody has to.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Poor, deluded northnut still clings to the belief that conservatives don't empathize with the poor.

What he gets for believing his own propaganda. I suppose somebody has to.
You're so deep.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
I'd say the fact that nearly half of recent college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed has shown that going into debt for a worthless degree is an idiotic idea. Then again, considering the number of people who are still enrolling for college and getting student loans, basic financial math may be beyond them.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'd say the fact that nearly half of recent college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed has shown that going into debt for a worthless degree is an idiotic idea. Then again, considering the number of people who are still enrolling for college and getting student loans, basic financial math may be beyond them.
In a way, you have a point. There are many grads coming out that can't get good work. Economy doesn't help, I suspect that will pick up. However, entry level jobs say for civil service, where you don't need a degree, pay for crap. Sure, if you don't have a degree you could get a job but it's going to be extremely low paying & it'll take years before you can get up in rank to make some semi decent money. Where as, with a degree, you will be able to hop over all of that BS.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
I'm not a liberal, but I cannot stand mindless, destructive consumption, amoral pursuit of profit and ostentatious displays of wealth. It is wasteful and indicative of shallowness. You'll notice the uber-wealthy who get it and give much of what they accumulate away. I think Harry Chapin put it best: "Money is for people."
Or as an old saying has it, money is like manure: for it to do any good, you have to spread it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies