Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:52 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Maybe people hare being exploited so others can get richer.
I hate it when someone starts a company, company becomes successful and they get rich. Then they say "look at me, I did it all myself!". Right, and all your employees were sitting around doing nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 08:01 PM

89,017 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Studies showing that, on average, liberals make more money than conservatives have been posted before.
That's a myth.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's a myth.
That graph does not measure liberals vs. conservatives, it measures Dems vs. Republics.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:04 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I hate it when someone starts a company, company becomes successful and they get rich. Then they say "look at me, I did it all myself!". Right, and all your employees were sitting around doing nothing?
Employees are resources, not owners. The business owner is the one who owns the money in the cash register.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:10 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Many times they say that they dislike the rich hoarding the wealth, keeping all the corporate profits, paying the lowest wages, buying the government, manipulating the food, etc.

It's their money to play with, and most likely, the people gave it to them. If they want to donate, they will.
They love the rich, but have to speak like populists in order to keep the uninformed voters in their corner.

Ghetto dwellers, emotionally disturbed, unusual acting people need to be told that it's not their fault......it's the rich republicans keeping them down.

All the while, creating a dependent society that feels entitled to stuff simply by existing.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's a myth.
What is true is that the richest states are blue, while the poorest ones are red.

Of the 19 states whose per-capita incomes exceed the national average, only two are "red" (Alaska and Wyoming).

Of the 20 poorest states, only one -- New Mexico -- is "blue."

Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
What is true is that the richest states are blue, while the poorest ones are red.

Of the 19 states whose per-capita incomes exceed the national average, only two are "red" (Alaska and Wyoming).

Of the 20 poorest states, only one -- New Mexico -- is "blue."
That's because the red states (Mostly in the South) have a lot more minorities as oppose to blue states (Except California). Minorities' income are less than the whites, and also, they're usually on the democrat side.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Many times they say that they dislike the rich hoarding the wealth, keeping all the corporate profits, paying the lowest wages, buying the government, manipulating the food, etc.

It's their money to play with, and most likely, the people gave it to them. If they want to donate, they will.
Jealously.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Liberals dislike the rich for the same reasons many in the center dislike the rich. Americans like to root for the underdog and boo the favorite. People tend to covet what others have and they don't. How many Americans borrow their way into a bottomless pit in the attempt to live beyond their means? They need to blame someone and that person looking back at them in the mirror isn't the first choice. It has to be someone else's fault. It has to be the rich people right? Hey they hoard their wealth.
I suspect that for many no amount of money would save them from themselves. The fact that so many who win millions on the lottery and end up broke is proof.
Many have this idea that if some how we made the rich pay a lot more in taxes that somehow their life would become better. The class warfare rhetoric we have seen over the last 5 years and the success it has produced also shows that some seek to punish the those they feel are wealthy. Some how the rich owe it to the rest of us to pony up. The fact that they are rich means they can afford more. I agree they can, but is raising taxes on anyone without first cutting out all waste the answer? I feel raising taxes on anyone without cutting waste simply facilitates even more waste.
Charles Rangel once head of the ways and Means committee and one of the biggest criers about inequity was caught cheating on his taxes. Rangel has nearly doubled his wealth over the last 7 years and yet some how he is blameless.
How do people like Harry Reid become multi millionaires on an elected reps salary? Maybe people should be more concerned about career politicians from both parties who are in the pocket of the wealthy and special interest groups. I can't fault the rich for wanting to do what we all want to do and that is keep as much of their money as they can and pay as little in taxes as possible.
The ones I dislike are those who violate the public trust. The ones who manipulate the law for their own gain and the gain for their selected few at the tax payers expense.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Why do liberals dislike the rich?
They just dislike non liberal rich. They're just fine with rich liberals, it's other people being rich they have a problem with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies