Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The GOP electorate is fast becoming ever more itsy bitsy and teeny weeny and as someone just said...when people do not like your ideas, you just stop having any ideas. The GOP is out of ideas other than attempting to manipulate elections. Good riddance!
I'm thinking that the GOP isn't going to have to manipulate a cotton-picking thing in the mid-terms, given what a colossal flop Obamacare has been, along with the continued series of goofs and scandals that keep rolling out of this administration. Not just the sheer incompetence of Obamacare's implementation, but the outright bill of goods that it's turning out to be. I don't think we've even begun to uncover the sheer magnitude of this disaster. That means the Democratic Party is going to have a historic rout next November. We're talking pitchforks and torches. We're talking blood in the gutters.

I'm not a Republican. I voted for Bill Clinton in 92 and would have voted for Hillary Clinton in 08. So I am astonished that any administration could have made W's look like the very soul of competence. This one is terrible beyond any human belief, a bunch of policy wonks who evidently have no idea how to get anything done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
The GOP electorate is fast becoming ever more itsy bitsy and teeny weeny and as someone just said...when people do not like your ideas, you just stop having any ideas. The GOP is out of ideas other than attempting to manipulate elections. Good riddance!
"Through gerrymandering, voter suppression and legislative tricks, the GOP has managed to hold on to power while more and more Americans reject their candidates and their ideas"

Liberals have such short memories.

The DEMS held uninterrupted control of the House for 40 years. That would be through 4 censuses.

Do anyone think THEY might have gerrymandered a district or 2 in those 40 years?

Of course not, according to our OP. The dems held control for 40 years and NEVER gerrymandered ANY districts because they are as pure as the driven snow.

Hypocrisy much?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm thinking that the GOP isn't going to have to manipulate a cotton-picking thing in the mid-terms, given what a colossal flop Obamacare has been, along with the continued series of goofs and scandals that keep rolling out of this administration. Not just the sheer incompetence of Obamacare's implementation, but the outright bill of goods that it's turning out to be. I don't think we've even begun to uncover the sheer magnitude of this disaster. That means the Democratic Party is going to have a historic rout next November. We're talking pitchforks and torches. We're talking blood in the gutters.

I'm not a Republican. I voted for Bill Clinton in 92 and would have voted for Hillary Clinton in 08. So I am astonished that any administration could have made W's look like the very soul of competence. This one is terrible beyond any human belief, a bunch of policy wonks who evidently have no idea how to get anything done.
You do realize that only the negative is getting the press coverage...right? Your going by what gets the most attention in the media as itmakes for sensationalism. Maybe you should expand your sources of information.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
*crickets*

Reagan 1984....17million vote landslide with 59% of the popular vote.....dems held the house +71.

It's not going away although you won't accept reality (shocker).

Old 11-14-2013, 11:39 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Nice wishful thinking. But tell me, how did the 2010 election go? What are Obama's favorability numbers?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Nice wishful thinking. But tell me, how did the 2010 election go? What are Obama's favorability numbers?
A helluva lot better than Congress's. The 2010 election is a moot point right about now considering the Tea Party popularity numbers. The OP is factual based on the changing demographics. The only thing the right wing can do is steal elections. Their voter base is ever shrinking. It's only a matter of time for these dinosaurs

Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
You do realize that only the negative is getting the press coverage...right? Your going by what gets the most attention in the media as itmakes for sensationalism. Maybe you should expand your sources of information.
Speaking of reading, your reading comprehension needs work, given that I stated pretty clearly that I am not a Republican. Actually, I read from all perspectives. I read the NYT and the WSJ, the Atlantic and the National Review, not just publications that validate my political views. I'm guessing that both my reading and experience are broader than yours.

Quite frankly, I'm not quite sure what there is about the ACA that's positive. You would really have to be the most naive person in the history of the universe to not realize that this was a catastrophic failure on the part of the administration, or just merely sucking at the teat of the administration's press office. Obama made this entire initiative the centerpiece of his presidency. It sucked up all the energy in DC at a time when the economy should have taken center stage.

And now, three years after its passage and with huge amounts of political investments on the part of the administration and the Democratic Party, the ACA is a flop, a gigantic turd that doesn't come even remotely close to the agitprop of the Obama administration. Unless you are just a party shill paid to come onto this message board to perform spin control, surely you can understand how dismal the actual program is and how big the gulf is between reality and what was promised to the American public.

Now here is where you would do the predictable thing and say, "Well, the Republicans...." or "Well, Bush..." Well, the American people are a good deal too smart to fall for that kind of knee-jerk palaver. After all the Obama administration wrote the legislation and had the votes in Congress to get it passed. The Obama administration has had three years to put together the marketplace and get the website working. It was almost a total failure, save for the 100,000 lucky people who managed to get through what is the equivalent of land mines and razor wire to sign up. The other few million unlucky people either had their insurance cancelled or jacked through the roof. Kind of hard to defend the indefensible. But I'm pretty sure you're going to try.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Sigh- another idiotic "your party is terrible" post.

As if there are not a million reasons out there demonstrating how the Democrats are corrupt, power hungry, deceitful, plutocrats.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
You dems have very short memories, or selective...

Lets see, in 2010, not only did the GOP take over the house, they also took well over 650 seats (that went from dems to repubs) across the United States.....

That is a fact.....

Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 PM

RealClearPolitics - Articles - The Incredible Shrinking Republican Base

The Ever Shrinking Conservative Base of the GOP

But the panicked strategic analysis, and the sense of urgency it gives rise to, is actually quite sound. The modern GOP—the party of Nixon, Reagan, and both Bushes—is staring down its own demographic extinction. Right-wing warnings of impending tyranny express, in hyperbolic form, well-grounded dread: that conservative America will soon come to be dominated, in a semi-permanent fashion, by an ascendant Democratic coalition hostile to its outlook and interests.
Two Theories on Why Republicans Are Acting So 'Suicidal' - Elspeth Reeve - The Atlantic Wire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies