Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did he sign up for Medicaid? Is his coverage subsidized?
I have no idea he just said casually in a phone call that he signed on to the ACA and that now for the first time in a long while he finally got healthcare coverage, i didnt see the need to make an inquisition about the issue. ..

Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I have no idea he just said casually in a phone call that he signed on to the ACA and that now for the first time in a long while he finally got healthcare coverage, i didnt see the need to make an inquisition about the issue. ..
So does he know what it will cost him each month, how about deductibles, which plan is he getting? You don't know if he is getting on medicaid. All that matters to you is praise Obama, details don't matter.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:49 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is paying to feed Americans more BS.

With the roll out of Obamacare being a disaster the Obama administration, one group was given a $1 million grant to help lead a rebranding effort with hopes of salvaging the law in the eyes of the American people.
I read at one point that there is nearly a billion dollars in ad buys from insurance companies aimed at getting enrollments. Supposedly HHS has asked insurers to hold off on this so as not to overload the website. At some point in the next few months, you should see some of this on a TV near near you. That should get your blood boiling.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
ROFLMAO, wow, just wow! Re-read my post. Obama supporters lol.
Yeah i read your post, you said some derogatory stuff about my brother getting healthcare and how you are evidently paying for it.Rather than stress you out why dont we backtrack a little and explain to me how you are paying for my brothers insurance, how about my insurance or my sisters insurance are you paying for them? just how many peoples insurances are you paying for?.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:53 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,225,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They cannot confirm who you are online.
They can only confirm you put in a valid SS right ?

How are they verifying that's your SS and you are a US citizen ?
The site integrates with Experian systems that have a lot of personal data on you. You are asked to answer several questions, such as "which of the following four addresses did you ever have a mortgage on?", "what bank do you have a checking account with", etc. The answers are checked against what they already know about you (based on the SSN and name you gave).

In the first week of October I attempted getting through this part and it asked a question that didn't pertain to me ("what pet did you once get pet insurance for?") and it did have a "none of the above" option, which I chose. It then threw an error and in a phone call with Experion, I was told about "glitches" that first week, and to try later.

Later, when I logged into healthcare.gov, there was a system message stating my identity could not be verified and I would have to submit certain paperwork to take care of it. Since I'm not actually getting insurance from the site but was only exploring it, I've never bothered to resolve this so I don't know if this verification process works better now, or not.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Debating stupidity gets tiring. No one can get through to the brain dead. If you can't figure it out there is no amount of educating you that will get it through. All you know is your brother signed up, nothing more, dont' even know if he signed up for medicaid.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
While the rightwing media portrays the ACA as a disaster,designed to fail Blah Blah Blah.
My brother in Florida tells me he just signed up for Healthcare coverage last week after being denied coverage for the last 20 years because of a pre existing diabetic condition. The ACA seems to be working for some.. Health Reform
He's a diabetic and hasn't had health care for 20 years?

Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
He's a diabetic and hasn't had health care for 20 years?
Obviously he pays for his diabetic medication out of pocket.

544 posts, read 610,118 times
Quote:
To add/
the whole time the website has been having problems the option of calling on the phone has been available to get you through the whole process.
Incorrect. Very flat out un-truthful post.

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The problem is many people lost their insurance, or can no longer afford their insurance, just so people like your brother could be covered. How is that fair exactly?

I visited the site. Our insurance will go from 74 to 95 per week, and our deductible will go from 500 to 8000.
Actually, we just got our insurance rates in the mail yesterday and it's even lower than that. It's 62 dollars a pay period, so 124 per month for two adults, and the deductible is 500 a year.

So when the employer mandate kicks in after reelection next year, we will get dumped into the exchanges. Our ACA quote for two adults is 8000 yearly deductible and 95 dollar per week premium!
We absolutely cannot afford that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.