Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 10:51 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Used to be 24-26 was considered an adult, now it's still a kid. I had my own insurance at that age.
Lol....no doubt.

I owned two houses at 25. Had I only been born two decades later, I could have stuck my parents with my health insurance bill AND lived in their basement playing XBox One.

I feel cheated.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The administration said 3.3 million need to enroll by Dec 31 to meet their targets. Through Nov, it's believed that about 129,000 have enrolled. If the "surge" (lol) of 14,500 per day for the rest of December, we'll still be at less than 600,000 through the federal exchange. And that doesn't even address the 1/3 error rate on the back end. At this rate about 400,000 will actually get insurance through the federal exchange and 5 million lost their insurance.
Yeah, I don't think we'll be hitting 3.3 million by Dec. 31st, 2013.

Not unless all of those bartenders that Obama talked about today start chatting up their happy hour customers about all the good things in store for them at www.healthscarce.gov

Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's called "providing accurate information" - and as a wingnut it's probably a foreign concept to you.

Has Obamacare implimention had lots of problems?
That's pretty obvious.
Are they being fixed?
Yup.

Like George Bush's medicare drug coverage expansion, there's been a lot well-publicized problems - but, like George Bush's medicate drug coverage expansion, they'll be worked out.
The wingnut fantasy the Obamacare will go away is just that - a fantasy.

Ken
Is LordBalfor an alternate ID for Ponderosa? Why are you responding?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Not unless all of those bartenders that Obama talked about today start chatting up their happy hour customers about all the good things in store for them at www.healthscarce.gov
I really don't think Obamacare will be the topic of discussion when people are having fun.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Now leave Ponderosa alone. She's trying to sell us Obamacare

Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Regardless of how much Obama tries to trick young uninsured to sign up. Unless it's for free mediciaid. It's going to be hard to convince young people on the sidelines.

I showed what. 2013 premiums and max in network deductibles were a couple of days ago. ($100-150/month plus $2500-3000 deductible) in 2013. Now imagine people ages 18-40 now about those prices and decided not to sign up because they get no subsidy.

And they look and see similar premiums but $6350 deductibles in 2014. Maybe young people won't know any better than think the. 2014 prices are affordable?

I don't know. People can be brainwashed pretty easily by media. If Obama can convince young uninsured to pay higher prices than they could have in 2013 without the mandate than he's a great politician.

Those who have pre existing conditions and generally folks over 60 (without pre existing condition) are benefiting. The cut off where premiums from the ACA start benefit is around age 50 (for those without pre existing conditions).

Old 12-05-2013, 05:25 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:

Actually they need to have first premium paid to insurance company by dec 31st. Theres actually less than 20 days left to sign up because of weekends and holidays where insurance companies are closed.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Actually they need to have first premium paid to insurance company by dec 31st. Theres actually less than 20 days left to sign up because of weekends and holidays where insurance companies are closed.
Well, I doubt that's going to happen.

But I don't think Chris Matthews -- Mr. Tingle himself -- will cover that when he drools over.....err, interviews Obama tonight on TV. Because apparently there are three questions the Obama administration will not answer about Obamacare:

3 questions the Obama administration won't answer about Obamacare - CNN.com

Specifically:

1. How many people are on the website?
2. How many people are signing up?
3. How broken is the back end?

#3 is going to cause outrage in the next few weeks, because there are increasing reports that the back end -- the end that the insurance companies see in order to be able to give you the "high-quality, affordable health insurance" so frequently touted by our TeleprompterReader -- is as glitchy as the front end was on Oct. 1st.

Everything about Obamacare -- from the way it was deceptively forced on the American public, all the way to the poorly-built website -- is an embarrassment. It is likely the biggest embarrassment of the Obama administration, which is likely the biggest embarrassment of an administration we've ever had.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:04 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Why am I responding?
Why not?
This a PUBLIC message board - not a PRIVATE conversation.

Ken

Old 12-05-2013, 07:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Well, I doubt that's going to happen.

But I don't think Chris Matthews -- Mr. Tingle himself -- will cover that when he drools over.....err, interviews Obama tonight on TV. Because apparently there are three questions the Obama administration will not answer about Obamacare:

3 questions the Obama administration won't answer about Obamacare - CNN.com

Specifically:

1. How many people are on the website?
2. How many people are signing up?
3. How broken is the back end?

#3 is going to cause outrage in the next few weeks, because there are increasing reports that the back end -- the end that the insurance companies see in order to be able to give you the "high-quality, affordable health insurance" so frequently touted by our TeleprompterReader -- is as glitchy as the front end was on Oct. 1st.

Everything about Obamacare -- from the way it was deceptively forced on the American public, all the way to the poorly-built website -- is an embarrassment. It is likely the biggest embarrassment of the Obama administration, which is likely the biggest embarrassment of an administration we've ever had.
The anti ACA nonsense is rapidly losing steam, well except for a few hangers on it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies