Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think this "best healthcare system in the world " ranks #37.
World Health Organization’s Ranking of the World’s Health Systems | thepatientfactor.com
Yes, that's one way to evaluate health care. But not the only way. I can think of a dozen ways to evaluate health care.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I think a lot of doctors looked at the low reimbursement rates from the ObamaCare exchanges and decided they can't remain in business if they joined. It's the same reason why a lot of doctors won't except MediCal customers.
"Americans who are buying insurance plans over online exchanges, under what is known as Obamacare, will have limited access to some of the nation’s leading hospitals, including two world-renowned cancer centres."

New Affordable Care US health plans will exclude top hospitals - FT.com

Who needs death panels when you can exclude the majority of the population from the best healthcare and then blame it on the insurance companies?

What a complete scam Obamacare has turned into. Does it bother any of you libs only the wealthiest among us will be able to afford the best healthcare?

Last edited by Dockside; 12-09-2013 at 08:13 AM..

Old 12-09-2013, 08:12 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have often said the very same thing. IF EVERYTHING GOES PERFECTLY FINE on the "buisness" componant of Obamacare-

millions of young people who do not need insurance sign up

the web site operates flawlessly

there is not a preponderance of medicaid patients in the system

prices do not skyrocket

---- very few physicians are going to accept these patients. To do so would mean bankrupting practices, due to low reimbursement. This system was designed by an idiot who assumed, for some odd reason, that physicians would simply accept fractional rates and be happy about it. The fact of the matter is that we, as physicians, cannot accept these rates, even if we wanted to do so.

Now where are all of these "Obamacare" patients going to get healthcare? Of the people who have currently signed up on the exchanges, 90% are medicaid patients. What kind of idiot designed this system?
The rates for the California exchange are pegged to Medicaid - even lower than Medicare. They are lying to the public about the network of doctors - people think they will have these doctors, but they never signed contracts or agreed to participate.

Quote:
In other states, doctors receive between $500 to $700 to perform a tonsillectomy. In California, they get $160, Mazer added.

Only in September did insurance companies disclose that their rates would be pegged to California’s Medicaid plan, called Medi-Cal. That's driven many doctors to just say no.

They're also pointing out that Covered California's website lists many doctors as participants when they aren't.

“Some physicians have been put in the network and they were included basically without their permission,” Lisa Folberg said. She is a CMA’s vice president of medical and regulatory Policy.

“They may be listed as actually participating, but not of their own volition,” said Donald Waters, executive director of the Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association.

Waters' group represents 3,100 doctors in the East Bay area that includes Oakland, with an estimated 200,000 uninsured individuals.

“This is a dirty little secret that is not really talked about as they promote Covered California,” Waters said. He called the exchange's doctors list a “shell game” because “the vast majority” of his doctors are not participating.
The rubber will hit the road when people find out that an email, a piece of paper and a card don't mean you will get to see a doctor.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Who needs death panels when you can exclude the majority of the population from the best healthcare and then blame it on the insurance companies?

What a complete scam Obamacare has turned into. Does it bother any of you libs only the wealthiest among us will be able to afford the best healthcare?
I don't see how Obamacare is doing this. It is the for-profit nature of our system. Unless you worked for a big company that provided "Cadillac" plans you are very much used to having limited choices for medical treatment. Insurers price products to make money not provide the best of care. If you can pay more you get more. It's true in the employer space and in the exchange. The ACA plans in my state include ones that cover every hospital in the city and have broad national networks. The BCBS provider list for one is 1200 pages long. But you pay more for that than the cheapest one - about 60% more. So the wealthier, even on the exchanges, have more choices. Nothing new there. If you agree with me that a medical care system based on ability to pay is reprehensible, join the libs in calling for a single payer universal system. The rich will still have better care, but everyone else will as well.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
It's sad to see what this man policies are doing to this nation

Doctors boycotting California's Obamacare exchange | WashingtonExaminer.com
I was watching commentary about Obamacare and the current situation and when a comment was made to a Democrat about him being a democrat he said "yes I am a Democrat but not that kind of a democrat"

Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The rates for the California exchange are pegged to Medicaid - even lower than Medicare. They are lying to the public about the network of doctors - people think they will have these doctors, but they never signed contracts or agreed to participate.

The rubber will hit the road when people find out that an email, a piece of paper and a card don't mean you will get to see a doctor.
Unless you are willing to pay more money. But I thought my cost was supposed to go down.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
"Americans who are buying insurance plans over online exchanges, under what is known as Obamacare, will have limited access to some of the nation’s leading hospitals, including two world-renowned cancer centres."

New Affordable Care US health plans will exclude top hospitals - FT.com

So what do you think will be the "fix" by the federal government, to force hospitals and doctors to serve everyone? Because the tyrants in the Obama admin are cooking up a way to make that happen, you just know it.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't see how Obamacare is doing this. It is the for-profit nature of our system. Unless you worked for a big company that provided "Cadillac" plans you are very much used to having limited choices for medical treatment. Insurers price products to make money not provide the best of care. If you can pay more you get more. It's true in the employer space and in the exchange. The ACA plans in my state include ones that cover every hospital in the city and have broad national networks. The BCBS provider list for one is 1200 pages long. But you pay more for that than the cheapest one - about 60% more. So the wealthier, even on the exchanges, have more choices. Nothing new there. If you agree with me that a medical care system based on ability to pay is reprehensible, join the libs in calling for a single payer universal system. The rich will still have better care, but everyone else will as well.
Are you still trying to sell Obamacare? You do realize you are only singing to the choir right?

Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Are you still trying to sell Obamacare? You do realize you are only singing to the choir right?
The expression is "preaching to the choir", but aren't we all on P&OC? Coming here trying to convince anyone of another point of view is pretty much a waste of time. It is about arguing for the sake of argument.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The expression is "preaching to the choir", but aren't we all on P&OC? Coming here trying to convince anyone of another point of view is pretty much a waste of time. It is about arguing for the sake of argument.
lol, as I said, it's a big waste of time. People don't want to pay for someone else's healthcare insurance. I lost good insurance that I liked. But now I will be forced to pay higher premiums and higher deductibles and you actually think you are going to convince me?

Oh and when democrats say people want it, look at how many signed up, they are again lying again. It's political SPIN. People WHO LOST THEIR INSURANCE being FORCED to sign up. You would think the way democrats say it, people are purposely canceling current policies and running to sign up.

Last edited by petch751; 12-09-2013 at 02:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies