Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 11:26 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He's meeting with the insurance companies and more than likely they will bend to his demands, just like they were told to keep quiet about Obamacare. He is going to tell them what they need to do to fix the problem - the problem that isn't his, but the one that the insurance companies created. I would like to hear that the insurance companies refused to bend and then he can announce how he offered them a solution to their problem but they were uncooperative, just like the republicans.
At this point, he really is relying upon the insurance companies' good graces. That's going to be a problem for Obama, especially after he spent the last couple of weeks blaming and publicly crying out against these same insurance companies. As is his usual modus operandi, he decided to blame the failure of his law on the insurance companies. Now he's basically asking these same companies to save him. This should be interesting.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
For sure. Good policies will cost more than the medieval policies that people will lose.
And so long as you get yours for free and/or a reduced rate, right? Paid for by someone else, you could care less.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How much do you pay for health insurance? Why did you leave that amount out of your response?

I pay $125.00 for mine. And that's only because I cover one dependent. If I was only covering myself, I'd pay nothing.
My "cable" bill is more than both of those amounts.

Where do people who pay nothing for their health insurance fall on your spectrum?

Why do you think that it is any more honest to use a sample of one to prove that someone else lied?
Is your health insurance through your employer and do they contribute to your monthly premium? What about people who work part-time, are self-employed or don't have an employer that offers health coverage but doesn't contribute towards the cost, or contributes towards the cost an employee pays? If you have a policy through your employer (and they contribute toward the cost), did you check out what the same policy would cost you under the exchange?

There is no such thing as "free" health coverage. Either a company is paying for it or the taxpayers are.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Only 39 Dems went along with the poison pill Upton bill. Pubs had predicted (hoped) more than 60 would defect. It is clearly going nowhere. It's up to the insurers now. And they have very little to gain by renewing those policies.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:55 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Only 39 Dems went along with the poison pill Upton bill. Pubs had predicted (hoped) more than 60 would defect. It is clearly going nowhere. It's up to the insurers now. And they have very little to gain by renewing those policies.
39 Defections? Wow. Glad to see growing bipartisan opposition to the debacle that is the ACA.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:56 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
39 Defections? Wow. Glad to see growing bipartisan opposition to the debacle that is the ACA.
That's my reaction. I like the qualifier of 'only'. I read it as 39 Dems have broken with Obama and his failure of a law.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:56 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
LOL. Way to spin it..

Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Excellent! ZERO Republicans voted for Obamacare. 39 Dems voted to neuter it.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's my reaction. I like the qualifier of 'only'. I read it as 39 Dems have broken with Obama and his failure of a law.
Once more panic sets in on December 1st when the website still isn't working, that 39 is going to mushroom.

I'll take a 261 vote repudiation of the bill today.

I wonder if Harry Reid will let Landreu's bill get a vote in the Senate?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:00 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Actually, you are quite wrong. He said they "could" continue to offer the plans if they "want" to only through 2014.. So, what provider is going to revamp their entire forecast model in 2 months that took them 3 years to prepare for.. It is financially impossible to handle this scenario unless the administration ponies up a ton of cash to cover losses that are not due in part by the improper forecast of the providers but the result of lies by Chief Moonbat.. Toast!
The ACA Law already has that "program to cover losses" - it's called the "Risk Corridor". Final rules were written for the "Risk Corridor" in 2012, but HHS/CMS informed Insurance companies yesterday that they will write another "rule" as a payoff to Insurance companies. They consider this "Government Money" and ignore the fact that "Government Money" actually comes from US Taxpayers. Cute.

[quote]The administration’s letter recognizes that this change in policy may well result in insurers who issue 2014 compliant policies covering a more expensive population than they anticipated when they set their rates for 2014. It suggests that the risk corridor program will be adjusted to ameliorate these changes. The risk corridor program is one of the three premium stabilization programs established by the ACA, and specifically allows qualified health plan issuers whose allowable costs exceed their premium revenues by certain percentages to receive assistance from the federal government. (QHP issuers whose premium revenues exceed their allowable costs contribute to the program.)
The risk corridor program regulations in place would already partially compensate QHP issuers that end up with a significantly more expensive risk pool than they had bargained for, but the CCIIO letter suggests that this compensation may become more generous. The effect of this, of course, is to shift indirectly the cost of the transition from individuals whose coverage is not being renewed to the federal government. Healthaffairs.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies