Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM

275 posts, read 193,138 times

Advertisements

I just saw nancy Pelosi on tv. She looks stressed. It's the first time I saw her with that smile wiped off her face. Hey here is something new, she didn't call republicans any names.

Now dems are trying to do exactly what they attacked the tea party for. They delayed the employer mandate for political reasons.

What a major screw up Obama and democrat supporters! You built this mess!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
I just saw nancy Pelosi on tv. She looks stressed. It's the first time I saw her with that smile wiped off her face. Hey here is something new, she didn't call republicans any names.

Now dems are trying to do exactly what they attacked the tea party for. They delayed the employer mandate for political reasons.

What a major screw up Obama and democrat supporters! You built this mess!
And why shouldn't she. She went and told the world 500,000 signed up for Obamacare the day after the WH said 27,000 signed up for Obamacare.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And why shouldn't she. She went and told the world 500,000 signed up for Obamacare the day after the WH said 27,000 signed up for Obamacare.
Pelosi is an ass. When does she come up for election?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 AM

Obama is facing a bipartisan revolt against obamacare... Does that make democrats terrorists and extortionist too?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The political wind is indeed fickle and blows this way and that. Hence the old political thought that a poliitical crises will be forgotten by the voting public after six months.
The difference with the Obamacare debacle is that next year the employer mandate kicks in. The bad features of the law will be magnified again, worse than what we've seen so far. At the risk of overestimating the staying power of an issue, I don't think this is going away any time soon.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Default These 10 Dem Senators Lied Too

Breitbart comprised a list of 10. There's more detail under each name in the actual article.

10 Senate Dems Who Should Apologize for ObamaCare

SEN. MARY LANDRIEU (D-LA): “If you like the insurance that you have, you'll be able to keep it.” (MSNBC’s Hardball, 12/16/09)

SEN. KAY HAGAN (D-NC): “We need to support the private insurance industry so that people who have insurance they're happy with can keep it while also providing a backstop option for people without access to affordable coverage.” (“Republicans Vent As Other Compromise Plans Get Aired,” National Journal’s Congress Daily, 6/18/09)

SEN. MARK BEGICH (D-AK): “If you got a doctor now, you got a medical professional you want, you get to keep that. If you have an insurance program or a health care policy you want of ideas, make sure you keep it.
Audio of Senator Begich's iTownHall with Alaskans - YouTube

SEN. MICHAEL BENNET (D-CO): “We should begin with a basic principle: if you have coverage and you like it, you can keep it. If you have your doctor, and you like him or her, you should be able to keep them as well. We will not take that choice away from you.”

SEN. PATTY MURRAY (D-WA): “Again, if you like what you have, you will be able to keep it. Let me say this again: If you like what you have, when our legislation is passed and signed by the President, you will be able to keep it.” (Sen. Murray, Congressional Record, S.6400, 6/10/09)

SEN. TOM HARKIN (D-IA): “One of the things we put in the health care bill when we designed it was the protection for consumers to keep the plan they have if they like it; thus, the term ‘grandfathered plans.’ If you have a plan you like --existing policies--you can keep them. …we said, if you like a plan, you get to keep it, and you can grandfather it in.” (Sen. Harkin, Congressional Record, S.7675-6, 9/29/10)

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY): “If you like your insurance, you keep it.” (U.S. Senate, Finance Committee, Bill Mark-Up, 9/24/09)

SEN. DICK DURBIN (D-IL): “This bill before us on the Senate floor makes it clear that if you have an insurance policy that you like, you can keep it. If you like the doctor that you're currently doing business with, you can continue to use that doctor.” (Sen. Durbin, Teleconference, 12/4/09)

SEN. HARRY REID (D-NV):“In fact, one of our core principles is that if you like the health care you have, you can keep it.” (Sen. Reid, Congressional Record, S.8642, 8/3/09)

SEN. MAX BAUCUS (D-MT): “That is why one of the central promises of health care reform has been and is: If you like what you have, you can keep it. That is critically important. If a person has a plan, and he or she likes it, he or she can keep it.” (Sen. Baucus, Congressional Record, S.7676, 9/29/10)

After you read the article, raise your hand if you think the above Senators should apologize, like Breitbart says they should? If they apologize, should they admit to why they lied?

Now, raise your hand if you think they were duped by someone in the Obama administration? Now, for the posters who say the Dem Senators were duped, can they really be duped if they didn't read the bill before they voted for it? How many times does this have to happen?

Last edited by LauraC; 11-14-2013 at 08:17 AM..

Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
When HHS came out with these 10 essential services in November 2010 that told everyone that they couldn't keep their plans.
That was 3 years ago. There were warnings that plans would disappear and the left shot them all down.

As usual government didn't listen to the people. Instead they played politics pitting one side against the other.

And what will saying "I'm sorry" accomplish ?
Plans are gone, premiums rose and people have to choose their plans for next year within the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The difference with the Obamacare debacle is that next year the employer mandate kicks in. The bad features of the law will be magnified again, worse than what we've seen so far. At the risk of overestimating the staying power of an issue, I don't think this is going away any time soon.
People will start getting their cancellation letters from employee based insurance companies around September right before the 2014 election.

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
You have to wonder how many are back peddling....and are up for election in 2014.....

Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
First off..I didn't 'assume' .. I said that I believe some are really just parroting.. while others, like yourself, have delved in to understand the difference. I wanted to see which one you were.. and also wanted to see the difference and your experience vs. mine.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Obviously, it isn't the same as my experience.. although prior to Obamacare I had no insurance.. pre-existing condition. And before that, on the private market, it was hell for me to get coverage and really really expensive.

For comparison purposes, what state are you in? I do know that some areas have less options/choices than others. Obviously my state/county has some excellent options. There was something like over 30 differnet plans offered from , I believe, around 5 carrirers.

I'm in the Lehigh Valley, so we have Lehigh VAlley Hospital. MOst of the doctors I visit or have visited belong to grops that operate under the LVPG umbrella. Another hospital here is St. Lukes - but I believe that is slightly smaller than Lehigh Valley.

But overall, all the hospitals here are excellent.

The confusing thing is that even though a doctor may be on your network they are not always affiliated with an approved hospital .. and vice versa . .. and even in network hospitals have doctors you're seen by that are out of network on your insurance (this is not because of ACA - but I'm sure you know already existed before).

Seems like you live in an area that really would have benefited from buying insurance across state lines to open up more competition for those insurance companies that serve your state/city/county. (Here it's sold county by county.. does it work the same way in your state?)

thank you for sharing...
Hey! You're starting to understand! Wouldn't it be great if WE ALL COULD HAVE HAD THAT? IMAGINE! Just what would have happened to prices if that was allowed.....I WONDER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies