Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Interesting readin comments from Conservatives about this topic. The health care crisis stared Pubs in the face for 8 horrific years under Bush, and it was ignored. President Obama has taken it upon himself to do something about it, and you conservatives suddenly are "experts". Your motives are not honorable, since from the moment this black man was inaugurated as President, you have done nothing but perpetuate hate, spread lies, and attempt to distort the living hell out of reality to fool unsuspecting suckers to support your agenda. It's not working.

The ACA is a nobel endeavor. You don't like it because it's not something that just supports the rich while everyone else goes to hell. It's a work in progress. Kinks have to be worked and ARE being resolved. When the smoke clears, it will a major achievement that directly reflects positively on President Obama and the Democrats. This is what you Pubs fear as you continue to make a fool of yourselves.
The "rich" are untouched by Obamacare.
The rich never had a problem with health insurance.

Just blue collar and lower end of middle class.
So the cost is now spread out to all of the middle class.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,809,984 times
Let me just say, being skeptical of one's single law doesn't mean that they wouldn't consider the overall platform isn't what they want. That or the wasn't the plan they expected because the house had to vote it to find out what was inside of it.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 AM

15,590 posts, read 10,331,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Not quite. Very few young people vote. Of those who do, a majority that do tend to vote for whoever promises to play sugar daddy to them.

When it comes to real life, most simply will not buy health insurance, and even more so, now that the premiums shot up.
I don't think we can blame only the young for wanting a sugar daddy! Many Americans have a gimme attitude, including the young, old and everyone in between.

I support universal healthcare completely. I think the country wants and needs it! The option Obama and Pelosi pushed through the Congress was not a good option. It is anything but affordable to most and terribly complicated to implement.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
And you're just filled with glee that people can't afford health insurance.

The right wing is disgusting.
Filled with glee or upset over it, what difference does it make to those unable to afford to pay for insurance? Does it make it better for you to feel sorry for them? Does it solve anything?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,423,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Let me just say, being skeptical of one's single law doesn't mean that they wouldn't consider the overall platform isn't what they want. That or the wasn't the plan they expected because the house had to vote it to find out what was inside of it.
Please stop lying. It's really tiring. If you read all of what Nancy Pelosi said, it's clear that she meant that the law has to be passed to see the benefits. Not that it had to be passed in order to be read.

The right needs to stop lying. You lied about WMD and started a war. You sent thousands of Americans to their deaths for your lie. You lied about torture. You lied about Trickle Down. You lied about Benghazi. You lied about the IRS Tea Party scandal. Stop lying.

STOP LYING.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
And you're just filled with glee that people can't afford health insurance.

The right wing is disgusting.

People everywhere take great pride in being able to say, I told you so.

People everywhere dread and actually hate being told, I told you so.

I'm sure you are discussed.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,656,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, well, I never said Obamacare was perfect. It's not even what I wanted - but I consider it a step forward. What I would like is a single-payer system that gets all that other crap out of the way - but that's just not going to happen (at least not yet). There's just too many influentual industries making money on the current system to REALLY fix the problem.

Ken
What part of the ACA is a step in the right direction? Because all I see are a bunch of clueless self appointed masterminds forcing their ideas on the rest of us, and flailing about when their Utopian ideas, which worked in their theoretical discussions in the academic lounges, but failed on all levels to work in practice.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM

40,934 posts, read 49,009,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just blue collar and lower end of middle class.
So the cost is now spread out to all of the middle class.
And if it works as planned, on the backs of the young.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,423,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People everywhere take great pride in being able to say, I told you so.

People everywhere dread and actually hate being told, I told you so.

I'm sure you are discussed.
This is a game to you isn't it?

It's not a game. It's life and death we're talking about.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And if it works as planned, on the backs of the young.
Funny how that turned out.

The group who could least afford insurance is now paying the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies