Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 05:58 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The White House’s Obamacare fix is about to create a big mess

But they hope it punts the issue past the 2014 midterms and quells a democrat uprising, plus it shift honus on insurance companies, giving Obama cover to say it's their fault.
There's really nothing Obama can do to save Obamacare. There were just too many contingencies to account for, which made getting it all done in one fell swoop one of the biggest political gambles of the last 100 years. He rolled the dice. He lost. End of story.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Gouging ?? I have a great policy that has gone up 40% due to the new Obama minimums. I now have Birth control, maternity, childrens dental, ect that I do not need.

Obama & Obamacare is grossly incompetent
I guess you have all the patient protections that insurance under The ACA provides. Good for you. You are one of the lucky ones. People that did without insurance that are now eligible for affordable insurance will disagreee with your assessment of The ACA....and Obama.

Affordable Care Act Delivers New Minimum Standards for Health Insurance Coverage | Florida CHAIN

Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes. That plan is $0 deductible - no special deductibles for anything, $2000/$4000 max out of pocket, platinum. $500 per day hospital up to three days. $20/$40 office visits. 10/20/50 prescriptions. 20% coinsurance on outpatient etc. It costs me $586 per month @ 60-something no subsidy. It is an HMO (HealthNet), but there are over 3000 docs and 34 hospitals in the HMO in the Phoenix metro - but not Mayo. When the ACA prices were announced, they said AZ was the second lowest in the country. We also have 116 plans if you count the catastrophic ones which I have heard is the most in the country. No idea why our market is so competitive.

I have no way of knowing if the fees are right. All the numbers comes from that blue pdf you get on ACA when you click the summary link for a plan. The cost comparisons for maternity and diabetes are way down at the bottom.
The fees are correct. I am anesthesiologist and self pay rates are between $500-900. OB SELF pay rates are around $3000. Plus Hospital and lab charges. That's why I quotes $5000-6000 for vag delivery and $7000-8000 for CSections.

But you mentioned $2000-4000 out of pocket expenses.

That's why I questioned are there any other fees involved.

If you file with insurance. It goes towards the "charge master" which contains much higher rates and than the provider gets paid the negotiated rate. Most of the time the negogiated rate is much higher than the "estimated" cost that you see on your sheet. So you can hit that $2000-4000 very quickly.

The other kicker is "routine" maternity care. Routine does not include "semi urgent C sections". If insurance rules it as not "routine" than it easily goes towards your major medical deductible.

I know it gets confusing what's routine and what's not. But that's the way insurance works and the ACA doesn't do anything to fix this.

Consider that a "colon screening" isn't considered a "preventive service" if you have had colon polyps earlier. Say you are needed to come back for a polyp check. Unless the coding is V76.51 (that's the screening code). Than insurance will not consider that as a preventive service. Rather its considered a diagnostic service and people will get hit with their deductible very quickly.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
LOL, OMG Obama is confessing to being less than honest about the grandfathering he talked about.

I guess Obama's "blue dress" turned up and he has to fess up. His own party is telling him it's not right. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
REPEAL OBAMACARE NOW!
Relax, the middle class will be demanding its repeal next year at this time.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Ezekiel Emanuel is as smug and insufferable as his brother is. Can't stand the guy.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Memo to Obama: Hands off our healthcare, JERK!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:44 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Obamacare Schadenfreudarama
It feels pretty good to watch the whole thing fail.
By Jonah Goldberg

Quote:
If you can’t take some joy, some modicum of relief and mirth, in the unprecedentedly spectacular beclowning of the president, his administration, its enablers, and, to no small degree, liberalism itself, then you need to ask yourself why you’re following politics in the first place. Because, frankly, this has been one of the most enjoyable political moments of my lifetime. I wake up in the morning and rush to find my just-delivered newspaper with a joyful expectation of worsening news so intense, I feel like Morgan Freeman should be narrating my trek to the front lawn. Indeed, not since Dan Rather handcuffed himself to a fraudulent typewriter, hurled it into the abyss, and saw his career plummet like Ted Kennedy was behind the wheel have I enjoyed a story more.

Alas, the English language is not well equipped to capture the sensation I’m describing, which is why we must all thank the Germans for giving us the term “schadenfreude” — the joy one feels at the misfortune or failure of others. The primary wellspring of schadenfreude can be attributed to Barack Obama’s hubris — another immigrant word, which means a sinful pride or arrogance that causes someone to believe he has a godlike immunity to the rules of life.
more: Obamacare Schadenfreudarama | National Review Online

Old 11-14-2013, 06:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Memo to Obama: Hands off our healthcare, JERK!
Memo to the disinformation crowd...The health insurance system pre-The ACA was broken and ALL Americans deserve acccess to affordable healthcare. Come up with something better ignorant ones. I'll bet many of you bashing the opportunity to acquire affordable healthcare are already on Medicare or Medicaid or have no insurance at all...just costing the taxpayer $ when you slither into the emergency room. You're not fooling anyone.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:46 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Default 'May the odds be ever in your favor' in the quicksands of Obamaland.

Excellent assessment from Kim Strassel:

Kim Strassel: The President's ObamaCare Backpedal - WSJ.com

Obama, Holder, Reid, and any Democrats still supporting Obama's Alinsky-inspired agenda are running roughshod and slipshod over the Constitution and Americans' rights as individuals. Obama and Holder are unfit to remain in their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies