Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,348,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I actually am in favor of women getting the depo shot in order to collect.
Thanks for giving the name of the shot my memory is not so good. It seems fair and a good solution I wonder if any of our so called leaders have thought of the idea or introduced legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,943,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just more talking points, more stereotypes, zero substance
Your original post was zero substance.

You're complaining about the results of the nanny state... and saying that the cure is more of it.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,837,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Your original post was zero substance.

You're complaining about the results of the nanny state... and saying that the cure is more of it.
Instead of crying, moaning and bellyaching, which seems to be your shtick; besides the ones I eliminated on the first page, what is your suggestion?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The law has changed on Medicaid where single people below a certain point of the poverty level are elligible. So single people can live in mommas basement and have a 200 buck food card also. With that said what are solutions? They should be time framed such as the first year you are elligible but the second year they slash your food card 10% a month until 0. The second year Medicaid is cut to emergency only and ends before starting 3rd year.

As far as woman the gvt covers one child and she agrees to take the shot[ can't think of name] so she does not birth another child. I think the shot last 6 months and if the woman does not show up for scheduled follow shot/shots her benifits end. That solves the problem of birthing children and having the gvt paying for it. If the woman does not like the terms she is on her own and just maybe her family will help her.
Does the depo shot permanently damage the woman in some way? Are the effects temporary and can she resume oogensis after ceasing the administration of the drug? If no and yes, then I am also in favor of it. That is a lot better than saying become your own contractor or the nanny state is the problem

Old 11-13-2013, 10:08 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,782,499 times
I think Social Security SSI should be reformed.
I see so many people that don't need it who get it.

I think that is a worse,and more widespread problem than Welfare.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:13 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,782,499 times
I say sterilize the men.

Those single men living in Mommy's basement more than likely have 2 kids out there somewhere. Lots of homeless men do have kids or abandoned their families.

Maybe it would be cheaper if the goverment offered everyone a free college education in exchange for having no kids up until 22 years of age?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 PM

45,063 posts, read 26,215,504 times
Welfare-another vote purchasing scheme under the guise of "charity".end it all.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I say sterilize the men.

Those single men living in Mommy's basement more than likely have 2 kids out there somewhere. Lots of homeless men do have kids or abandoned their families.

Maybe it would be cheaper if the goverment offered everyone a free college education in exchange for having no kids up until 22 years of age?
Sterilizing is permanent, depo isn't. Did you get your androgyny off your chest? Good, let's continue.

Do you have proof of this? I have a feeling I should file this claim under myths and stereotypes, along with the welfare queen.

Wouldn't work. First, are you going to mandate only certain fields are eligible? Second, what are you going to do with the huge glut of oversupply in these fields? That will increase unemployment in those fields, and drive wages/salaries
down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Welfare-another vote purchasing scheme under the guise of "charity".end it all.
Did you read the first page? Or did you just read the headline and decided to post?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,348,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I say sterilize the men.

I can support that, if a man living in mommy"s basement collecting food stamps and Medicaid and has more then one child supported by the gvt he has one year to get a vesectomy or lose all benifits. Snip em Nurse Ratchet

Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,344,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Physically able adults need to work and support themselves. The US has a generous welfare state and safety net that should be used as a hand up not a hand out

How, exactly, is our welfare state generous to adults without children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies