Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times

Advertisements

I read a great deal from Republicans about what this President is NOT doing, what he is doing that they think is wrong, what he should be doing, so on and so forth. The last time you had someone at the helm, it was clear that you had no answers. None. The country was well on its way to another Great Depression with every domestic category in crisis mode, and two unnecessary wars raging on.

What have you done to show that you are improved? So far, the country thinks that you have regressed.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Yes, they weren't stupid enough to vote for the ACA. Not even the RINOs.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
That 4% unemployment rate under Bush was so terrible, I don't know how the country could stand having full employment. Of course after 2 years of Democrap control of the House and Senate they took care of that and it's been downhill ever since.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I read a great deal from Republicans about what this President is NOT doing, what he is doing that they think is wrong, what he should be doing, so on and so forth. The last time you had someone at the helm, it was clear that you had no answers. None. The country was well on its way to another Great Depression with every domestic category in crisis mode, and two unnecessary wars raging on.

What have you done to show that you are improved? So far, the country thinks that you have regressed.
One cannot help but wonder wth they are there for now (GOP) other than to collect undeserved salaries and cozy up to lobbyists. They have not created any jobs other than their own and refuse to pass any meaningful legislation. They obstruct and all their energies have gone into blocking anything and everything that Obama or the Democrats attempted to do that would help the middle class and poor. They pander to the radicals to maintain their seats and spend what little time they are actually in session holding hearings on conspiracy theories often headed by Darrell "Inspector Clouseau" Issa. Now there's a guy that really earns his paycheck...

They badly need to stay in power by any means necessary to be the puppets of the top 1% even if it means taking the country hostage. They're a damn mafia. Oh yeah, then there are the bible thumping snake oil salesman types like Cruz.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That 4% unemployment rate under Bush was so terrible, I don't know how the country could stand having full employment. Of course after 2 years of Democrat control of the House and Senate they took care of that and it's been downhill ever since.
I have to agree that Clinton's era reduced unemployment rates dramatically. We saw 4% thanks to that particular era. And then we saw what the Bush era did with it and now we're suffering the consequences. To make things worse, we put Obama in the white house.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
As a war hawk, Obama is much better than Bush.

Obama escalated the Afghanistan War with a troop surge - 75% of the casualities are on his watch.

I love more drone bases around the world, sending up more drones, violating more countries' air spaces with more collateral damage.

I like that he followed Bush's Iraq withdrawal timeline, tried to extend it and then left far more troops there than Bush wanted to.

I like that he has bombed 6 countries not Bush's 4.

Special Forces sent into 75 countries...more than Bush...sweet!

I like that Obama has continued using torture, sure he just uses rendition to fly them to some place where torture is legal and pay them to do it, but he still uses it!

I like the Obama has flip flopped on whether or not Congress must be used for military actions.

I LOVE that Obama ignored the 60 days requirement in the War Powers Act...don't tell Obama he needs to get authorization after 60 days of bombing Libya.

On the home front I love having more lobbyists in the WH than Bush.

I love the more QE money creation to keep everything propped up.

As a fiscal Dove, I love that Obama will add 10 Trillion in debt over 8 years as opposed to Bush's mere 5 over 8.

I love the fact that earmarks are UP!!!

I love no-bid contracts being UP!!!

PATRIOT ACT RENEWED!!!!!!

NSA!!!!!

etc...

If you support Bush, you should love Obama, Obama out Bushes Bush.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:01 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
One cannot help but wonder wth they are there for now (GOP) other than to collect undeserved salaries and cozy up to lobbyists. They have not created any jobs other than their own and refuse to pass any meaningful legislation. They obstruct and all their energies have gone into blocking anything and everything that Obama or the Democrats attempted to do that would help the middle class and poor. They pander to the radicals to maintain their seats and spend what little time they are actually in session holding hearings on conspiracy theories often headed by Darrell "Inspector Clouseau" Issa. Now there's a guy that really earns his paycheck...

They badly need to stay in power by any means necessary to be the puppets of the top 1% even if it means taking the country hostage. They're a damn mafia. Oh yeah, then there are the bible thumping snake oil salesman types like Cruz.
Sure, hearings on such unimportant matters as a U.S. ambassador and three others killed in a country for the first time in 30 years, where extra security requests were denied and actually security canceled. And the IRS targeting political enemies of the President is really unimportant. And awarding a half a billion dollar contract to build a government website to friends who couldn't even build it right, and then doubling down and paying them even more money to fix the problem!! Or how about knowingly lying to the American people multiple times about the effects of his signature policy, one that will affect every man, woman, and child in this country for generations. If a head of a private sector insurance company lied like that he'd be prosecuted for fraud. These aren't phony scandals.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
The markets have gone thru the roof making the rich richier. I am sure they think thats a good thing.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Obama escalated the Afghanistan War with a troop surge - 75% of the casualities are on his watch.

I love more drone bases around the world, sending up more drones, violating more countries' air spaces with more collateral damage.

I like that he followed Bush's Iraq withdrawal timeline, tried to extend it and then left far more troops there than Bush wanted to.

I like that Obama has continued using torture, sure he just uses rendition to fly them to some place where torture is legal and pay them to do it, but he still uses it!

I like the Obama has flip flopped on whether or not Congress must be used for military actions.

I LOVE that Obama ignored the 60 days requirement in the War Powers Act...don't tell Obama he needs to get authorization after 60 days of bombing Libya.

As a fiscal Dove, I love that Obama will add 10 Trillion in debt over 8 years as opposed to Bush's mere 5 over 8.

NSA!!!!!

etc...

The bolded is a great way to put it, and sums it up beautifully! While I had no love for Bush either, the Bots are too dumb to realize that Obama is Bush on steroids! But I guess when it's "your guy" then it's OK, right?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

NSA!!!!!

etc...

Yet, where is the entertainment industry and Hollywood with all of their biatching like during Bush? I guess they just don't want to commit treason against their messiah king they helped put in power. How incredibly pathetic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies