Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 04:39 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,445,666 times

Advertisements

Florida Shifts Away From Republicans With Minority Influx - Bloomberg

Any well thought out thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 04:56 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,276,653 times
Time for the republicans to ask Chris Christie how he does it

Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 AM

641 posts, read 1,018,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Time for the republicans to ask Chris Christie how he does it
^ no, just no

Old 11-14-2013, 05:51 AM

27,011 posts, read 43,613,652 times
The quote from the article below...along with a younger, more diverse population evolution in Florida sums up the reason for the shift.

"Lyman and Claudia Hussey, St. Petersburg retirees who attended the rally, said they plan to vote for Crist. They had been Republicans for 50 years and became Democrats after concluding the state and national parties had been taken over by extremists."

Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The quote from the article below...along with a younger, more diverse population evolution in Florida sums up the reason for the shift.

"Lyman and Claudia Hussey, St. Petersburg retirees who attended the rally, said they plan to vote for Crist. They had been Republicans for 50 years and became Democrats after concluding the state and national parties had been taken over by extremists."
A lot of the republicans I know feel the same way but have shifted more libertarian.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:49 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,708,749 times
Personally, I am disgusted with both parties but, IMHO, the Democrats left me for the extreme some time ago and the Republicans, who generally seem less extreme to me (with a few notable exceptions), have definitely became far too 'anti-Democrat' motivated to the extent that they are nothing more than the "pong" to the Democrats' "ping", if you know what I mean. The real problem is the party system. How else can you explain Obamacare? No law should ever be as complex as this. No law should ever be passed without some bipartisan support. Even more importantly, no law should ever be passed simply because the leadership tells the members to pass it. No law should ever be acceptable because it accidently backed into its constitutionality. No law should ever be voted on that hasn't been read and fully understood first! No law should be passed based on lies and gullibility. And, yet, with all the warnings from the other side that clearly had merit, we still only have suggestions and ideas but no cogent, written alternative from the Republicans that addresses those aspects of Obamacare that seem to have universal appeal. Why?!! I used to dislike the phrase "the government is broken" but, at this point, nothing else can more accurately describe the situation. Witness: Harry Reid and John Boehner who block the very work we send representatives to Washington to do. There's nothing wrong with electing representatives with principles--that's a good thing--but principles without pragmatism is a recipe for the type of dysfunction we have now. Crist may appear to be that kind of candidate but he is pragmatic only in the sense that he will do whatever serves his ambition. We need representatives at all levels who promise to eschew the party system, who will not blindly follow leadership, and who will work hard to apply their principles in a way that works with other representatives, not against, for the benefit of the people who elect them, not the people who paid for their campaign expenses.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:41 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,055,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Didn't the last presidential election end in an almost 50/50 split?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:56 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,492,459 times
Blame Governor Rick Scott... And this thread hit all of the issues I can think of why people are switching. Even Crist has switched parties.

What ever happened to the moderates on both sides? Why is everyone so extreme to one side or the other that we can't even keep the government running?

Lately, it's my way or no way at all. To the point that 'we the people' are suffering because of it.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,981,478 times
Don't you all know there's almost no difference between the two parties?

The sheeple in here frighten me to no end. The only answer is a 3rd party.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 AM

2,957 posts, read 4,982,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Don't you all know there's almost no difference between the two parties?

The sheeple in here frighten me to no end. The only answer is a 3rd party.
Which would be different just long enough to gain power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: