Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times

Advertisements

Just keeps getting in the way of The Great One!

FLASHBACK: Obama: 'I Actually Respect The Constitution'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
We The People have to fight to keep the chains on the Centralized governments, in order to maintain liberty for all and freedom for the individual States.

There is a good reason, We The People demanded we be able to protect ourselves from all forms of oppression, to maintain individual freedom for all.

It is upon us, that we use that god given right, even if it means the ultimate sacrifice. For generations of liberty to come, and preserve what those before us gave to created this land of freedom, we call the United States of America.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:02 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We The People have to fight to keep the chains on the Centralized governments, in order to maintain liberty for all and freedom for the individual States.
So repeal the patriot act? Curtail domestic spying? Pardon Edward Snowden? Abolish the Fed? Hail Satan?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So repeal the patriot act?
that would be a good start.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So repeal the patriot act?
I'm down with that.

How we let the constitution be stomped on with that and NDAA is beyond my grasp, but fuels my anger.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
So, it really fails to show how and why what he has done is unconstitutional. You know, the important bits of making a claim. I don't like things like the NDAA or patriot act, I think they shouldn't exist, but my opinion that I like something or not doesn't make something unconsitutional. I don't like mint ice cream, but it's still constitutional.

Determination of that is why we have things like constitutional law and the supreme court. I hope they strike it down. They will also provide cogent reasoning instead of jabbering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

There is a good reason, We The People demanded we be able to protect ourselves from all forms of oppression, to maintain individual freedom for all.

It is upon us, that we use that god given right, even if it means the ultimate sacrifice. For generations of liberty to come, and preserve what those before us gave to created this land of freedom, we call the United States of America.
You keep saying this, and yet all you do is sit in your chair doing nothing.

If you really believed it then you would be out there leading the charge, or at least doing something.

Take responsibility instead of being so lazy that you expect everyone else to just do it for you.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
I don't think the far right really understand the constitution very well. Threads like this give us great proof of their lack of understanding.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think the far right really understand the constitution very well. Threads like this give us great proof of their lack of understanding.
It's not lack of understanding, it's they don't like it...then it's unconsitutional.

Just like homosexuality is wrong because the bible says so, by people in blended suits (prohibited by Leviticus 19:19) with neat haircuts (prohibited by Leviticus 19:27) in Reb Lobster (probibited by Deuteronomy 14:9-10) eating fried food (prohibted by Leviticus 3:17) or rare steak (prohibited by Genesis 9:4) after church on Sunday (making other work on the Sabbath prohibited by Exodus 20:10).

Both are signs of authoritarian behavior. Claiming that a document in only ways that enforce their beliefs, ignoring the parts that don't agree or contradict them, and the first solution is violence (revolution) to solve the issue. Preferably by some one else.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It's not lack of understanding, it's they don't like it...then it's unconsitutional.
More like, "If it's unconstitutional, then it's unconstitutional."

Article I
Section 1

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Now, in case some of those words aren't familiar to you, "legislative powers" means "making laws." So the very first portion of the constitution, beyond the preamble, describes who is allowed to make laws. Notice that the office of president isn't in the list.

I've made MY case. Now it's time for you to make YOUR case, if you disagree. Have at it.

ETA: In case you're unclear on what I'm talking about, or you're going to deflect by saying as much, I'm talking about yesterday's announcement about his insurance law "fix".

Old 11-15-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
More like, "If it's unconstitutional, then it's unconstitutional."

Article I
Section 1

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Now, in case some of those words aren't familiar to you, "legislative powers" means "making laws." So the very first portion of the constitution, beyond the preamble, describes who is allowed to make laws. Notice that the office of president isn't in the list.

I've made MY case. Now it's time for you to make YOUR case, if you disagree. Have at it.

ETA: In case you're unclear on what I'm talking about, or you're going to deflect by saying as much, I'm talking about yesterday's announcement about his insurance law "fix".
I guess I don't see how it is "deflecting" to know what the hell you are talking about. I think it's part of a normal conversation to have a subject of that conversation. If you can't get through a conversation without vague raving no one can make heads or tails of, that's not my issue.

Well, it's not a law...I don't see any source that really says it is (including other branches of the government and oppisition groups). Executive orders have a long history, since the first in 1789. If it is okay for every other president in history to do these orders except Obama (even Roosevelt in the thousands), well...I wonder what one thing Obama has that no other president has had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies