Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

They should have shoved the lion down her throat. In my view killing animals for reasons other than hunger (in the case of non-vegetarians) or self-defense is immoral. Frankly, the way many humans are ignoring and denying the value of life of animals, and even humans, in order to be able to kill them without having a poor conscience, has reached disturbing proportions.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Vegan food can provide all the benefits, but it's much harder and much nastier. Vegan food often times has little taste.. Rarely any salt, sugar or fat. I've already explained that.

Meat is nasty? Lol yep.. Ask anyone if they would rather have a nice juicy steak or a big fat mushroom.

Oh yes, for the record my diet consists of mostly water, vegetables, grains and legumes however it's always nice to have some meat to provide me with protein, fat and crucial B vitamins and minerals such as Iron that is hard to find in vegan food. Oh yea, don't forget the dairy with my cereal!

I mean why go outta my way to buy some bland tasting vegan crap when I can just eat meat? Lmao. There's nothing wrong with eating meat. We are omnivores and perfectly capable of digesting it. We wouldn't even exist if we didn't consume meat back in the olden days. Can you imagine some vegan 400,000 years ago scrambling around to find plant based foods when the rest of his tribe is munching on a freshly killed wolf? That idiot would die!

They replace the salt, sugar, and fat with a zillion questionable ingredients and chemicals. Next time you buy Worthington or Loma Linda Vegetarian Frankenmeat Crap in a Can, read the label.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:13 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They should have shoved the lion down her throat. In my view killing animals for reasons other than hunger (in the case of non-vegetarians) or self-defense is immoral. Frankly, the way many humans are ignoring and denying the value of life of animals, and even humans, in order to be able to kill them without having a poor conscience, has reached disturbing proportions.

Would you rather see animals die from over population?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Would you rather see animals die from over population?
That rarely happens in the wild, they keep each other in balance. Nor is it my business what animals in the wild do, I am not part of nature as such anymore, nor do I want to have blood on my hands.
Among humans there is no more evolution, except maybe in terms of resistance to bacteria or viruses. And in that respect being vegetarian actually benefits you as you avoid lots of germs that are transmitted via animals.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
That rarely happens in the wild, they keep each other in balance. Nor is it my business what animals in the wild do, I am not part of nature as such anymore, nor do I want to have blood on my hands.
Among humans there is no more evolution, except maybe in terms of resistance to bacteria or viruses. And in that respect being vegetarian actually benefits you as you avoid lots of germs that are transmitted via animals.
Obviously you have no coue what you are talking about, below are just a few of this google search:

https://www.google.com/#q=overpopula...ns&safe=strict

Below a few links from the Google search above:

Nature Tourism Home

Quote:
At this point, it appears that hunting is the most efficient and cost-effective way to control deer populations.
Deer overpopulation is a serious problem | SeacoastOnline.com

Avon Lake ponders deer overpopulation problem | cleveland.com

Quote:
In some cases it is possible that this pleasure can turn to dismay as one type of wildlife begins to overshadow the others, resulting in an imbalance of the species. This happens when deer populations get out of hand and begin to affect both the environment and the other animals living in the area.
Results of Overpopulation of Deer | Animals - PawNation

Quote:
The result is that today, there are several million deer, and, as McShea puts it, "the flip side has happened.
"They're hitting too many cars, there's too much gardens being eaten, the forest succession is changing," he continues. "We've got to dial that back a little bit.
Deer aren't evil, McShea is quick to emphasize, but they have no predators now and they need to be managed. States currently rely primarily on scheduled hunts, where the public is allowed to come in and take out deer.
Deer Overpopulation Yields Disastrous Results For Forests | WAMU 88.5 - American University Radio

Old 11-19-2013, 10:33 AM

That is not the wild. There are lots of deer because humans have hugely decimated the numbers of bears, wolves etc. In the wild there is no overpopulation of any species as that automatically leads to a surge in their enemies. And with the few species that basically don't have enemies, their numbers only grow until there is too little food for them all.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
That is not the wild. There are lots of deer because humans have hugely decimated the numbers of bears, wolves etc. In the wild there is no overpopulation of any species as that automatically leads to a surge in their enemies. And with the few species that basically don't have enemies, .
So, where do the deer live then, if not in the wild?

Quote:
their numbers only grow until there is too little food for them all.
And that is when the over populate, and die nasty deaths from starvation, they (deer) don't say, hey, we cannot have sex because we have little food...the rut comes and guess what happens, little deer....

Old 11-19-2013, 10:42 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I will always side with the animals over the silly selfish humans any day.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, where do the deer live then, if not in the wild?

And that is when the over populate, and die nasty deaths from starvation, they (deer) don't say, hey, we cannot have sex because we have little food...the rut comes and guess what happens, little deer....

They live in a system that people like to call wild, but which really isn't as humans have removed key species from it and changed it in numerous ways.

Look nature is a **** inhumane system, I am not saying there is a win-win solution for all species involved. There is immense cruelty in nature all the time, I won't change that, even if I wanted to, and I am happy I don't live in nature so that I am spared the messy details. I do not want to be part of that vulgar system for obvious reasons.

Regarding deer in particular, I grew up in a place where hunters and other agencies actually distributed lots of food for them in the winter so they survive the winter. And then they claimed hunters were needed to keep the number of deer down.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
They live in a system that people like to call wild, but which really isn't as humans have removed key species from it and changed it in numerous ways.

Look nature is a **** inhumane system, I am not saying there is a win-win solution for all species involved. There is immense cruelty in nature all the time, I won't change that, even if I wanted, and I am happy I don't live in nature so that I am spared the messy details. I do not want to be part of that vulgar system for obvious reasons.
SO, you don't care about animals, got it....

Why would you want to see an animal die from malnutrition or the such, when those animals prior to that be harvested, and provided to homeless shelters for food.

This is just 1:

Hunters Sharing the Harvest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies