Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 11:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But the tea party wishes they were a political party. Do you know the damage they are doing to republicans. Republicans need to surface from the extreme right and once again become the republican party
LOL! You didn't ever exactly respond clearly when Harrier asked why you were against the Tea Party objectives of smaller, constitution government, supported by lower taxes which will create jobs, and government accountability.

Now you claim that the people who advocate for those common sense objectives - Tea Party people - are "damaging" the Republican Party.

Why not be honest and acknowledge that the Democrat Party is damaging the republic?

President Obama's stated goal was to "fundamentally change America".

He is, and the future looks ultra-gloomy.

Liberals create and love misery.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Since it is a right to own and use firearms, it would behoove the government to educated people about firearms and how they are used and the damage they can cause at an early age. At age 6, target practice with pellet guns at least, if not .22 rifles. and pistols.
Guns should only be given to kids under STRICT supervision. Guns are not toys

Old 11-16-2013, 11:49 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Guns should only be given to kids under STRICT supervision. Guns are not toys
Letting the kids shoot guns is a good way to teach them that guns are not toys.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:52 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yeah, I am sure they will remember that when they bring one into a school.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:14 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
There have been plenty of accidents where kids kill each other because they wanted to play with them. Real smart there, *expletive*

Old 11-17-2013, 02:20 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That would be pretty awesome. Here's your diploma and here's your pistol and ammo.

I bet that would solve some problems. What if every criminal knew every person could be potentially packing steel? Plus, they could throw their caps in the air and shoot at them at the end of the ceremony.

They, of course, could have the option of declining the weapon or selling it, or whatever.
America will give you an education and also give you the means of self protection.

Open carry, everywhere. This is America, not some pansy country.
Thats a stupid idea. Imma take that gun and shoot people with it.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:43 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
That would be pretty awesome. Here's your diploma and here's your pistol and ammo.

I bet that would solve some problems. What if every criminal knew every person could be potentially packing steel? Plus, they could throw their caps in the air and shoot at them at the end of the ceremony.

They, of course, could have the option of declining the weapon or selling it, or whatever.
America will give you an education and also give you the means of self protection.

What?

It must be gunlover (aka gunparanoid) wet dream

Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:

Hey lefties.....this OP, your spokesman, is why you on the left will never have a chance at a true conversation about guns.

So pathetic....

Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am completely in favor of teaching young children the use of firearms. My only issue here is I don't believe our schools are the place it should be done.

I already owned my .410 shot gun and a little single shot .22, when in 6th Grade, we had gun safety class during gym, using Daisy BB guns.
We did have to get parent approval. I think 2 kids parents opted out, and they had to stay in class and study with the teacher.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:48 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I already owned my .410 shot gun and a little single shot .22, when in 6th Grade, we had gun safety class during gym, using Daisy BB guns.
We did have to get parent approval. I think 2 kids parents opted out, and they had to stay in class and study with the teacher.
Wow... talking about priorities in life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies