Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 03:11 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Am I the only one who finds the conservatism vs. liberalism debate extremely reductive and tiresome?
nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 07:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
What are you talking about?
The fact that history is swayed by whoever recites it. Look at how liberal professors talk about wars being in warranted and unnecessary vs someone like say my father who brings up the fact that without the use of the A-bomb, millions of US troops would have died invading Japan to draw out a surrender during WW 2. In my tenth grade history class, it was full of people who couldn't realize that stance that my grandfather was one of those troops checked up in the early stages of staffing the invasion of Japan and had he died, I would not be alive and possibly others would be in the same boat.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Liberals are tyrants, for they believe without doubt or reservation in their right to force their judgment of how things should be upon everyone.
Well that is a false, generalized statement.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:05 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Yes, THEY absolutely HATE Ronnie, it is like a sickness for them.

And THEY expect people to have a ton of respect for the Kennedy family and similar such royalty.

Nope, you direct hate at people you disagree with, like Cheney and Bush.....don't expect me to show respect for people like Miss PeeLousy, Martin Luther Plagiarist and The Muslim-in-chief.

Mr. Hussein is NOT my president!

Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That is why Reagan was so great. He wasn't a patsy.
Yup. He never took the fall, even when he was lying or pulling back room deals to arm Central American communists. Only a patsy would have taken that fall.

Definition of the word from the Urban dictionary:
Patsy
The guy that always takes the fall! A loser!! The nice guy that finishes last every time.
Also used when describing a weak minded man who lets his girlfriend/ wife walk all over him.

But since those of us who are old enough to remember the old geezer, we also recall how his wife ran the show. So maybe he qualifies as half-patsy?

Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, THEY absolutely HATE Ronnie, it is like a sickness for them.

And THEY expect people to have a ton of respect for the Kennedy family and similar such royalty.

Nope, you direct hate at people you disagree with, like Cheney and Bush.....don't expect me to show respect for people like Miss PeeLousy, Martin Luther Plagiarist and The Muslim-in-chief.

Mr. Hussein is NOT my president!
I guess that means you weren't an Iraqi living in Iraq during the Sadam Hussein era.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. He never took the fall, even when he was lying or pulling back room deals to arm Central American communists. Only a patsy would have taken that fall.

Definition of the word from the Urban dictionary:
Patsy
The guy that always takes the fall! A loser!! The nice guy that finishes last every time.
Also used when describing a weak minded man who lets his girlfriend/ wife walk all over him.

But since those of us who are old enough to remember the old geezer, we also recall how his wife ran the show. So maybe he qualifies as half-patsy?
Well, his son says he was showing signs of his Alzheimer's in his first term. As someone who has gone through this in a family member, the family knows before the physician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies