Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 02:46 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Unlike Paul, President Obama did explain himself. You are one of those people who would admit you have never even listen to a full speech by the man and still write the above post.

As for the bold, the man is over 2 million federal employees all of which are in a command structure. There is a reason there is a Secretary,Director, Administrator or Chief. So that they can take care of the day to day operations and he can handle what is deemed important.

Are you seriously saying you thought the president signed off on every single thing that happens in this nation on a daily basis ? and you call Obama supports dumb ?

as for what you see as important, it is just that, what YOU see as important.
Oh, I listened to him, and still do, as painful as it can be watching the vomit of lies that so easily flow from his mouth and I can't get my head around why people can't wait to lick that vomit up.

Of course he doesn't sign off on everything. He has auto signature to do that for him.

What does 2 million fed employees have to do with it? Do they really have the power to spy on leaders of other countries, are behind the IRS scandal, the NSA scandal, Benghazi, F&F, and all the other major issues that have come to light under Obama's administration, without Obama knowing about it and either giving his blessings or signing off on what they were doing. Do they really perform at will? It's his administration, his inner circle that protect him, lie for him, inform him, advises him, that are his downfall. He isn't the least bit embarrassed to stand before the public and repeatedly say: I didn't know. Now, if it's true he didn't know, he's an idiot, and if he did know, which is more than likely, and claimed he didn't, that makes him a liar. Now, he's one or the other. Most think he's both.

As for focusing on the important things? Has he spent the last 3-1/2 years focused on his pet Obamacare which has proven to be a failure. I would think he would be seeing ats this will be part of his legacy. He was asked to delay it for a year. He came out bragging about how the site got over 2 million hits. What he did say is that only 6 people enrolled. The other 1,999,994 went to the exchange to find out what it was about. Today, over 250000 enrolled - mostly on Medicaid because it is subsidized. Because of his damn ingrained arrogance he rolled it out KNOWING, in spite of his claim he didn't) it wasn't ready and it affected millions of people. Yeah, putting his damn ego before the people who are subject to this disaster called Obamacare.

Never in history has any president said "I didn't know" about so many things that have a huge impact as has Obama. President's usually have quotes that follow them through history. I bet at the top of Obama's quotes will be: "I didn't know" and "If you like your plan you can keep it. Period."

As for what you see as NOT being important, that YOU seeing it as not being important. Some people just don't understand what this man is doing, chose to ignore it, and keep licking up his vomit of lies.

One of Obama's problems is that he doesn't embrace that he is the POTUS. He's too busy embracing the fact that he is the first black POTUS. I would have preferred a first black president that was concerned with his own ego, but came to the job with as much honesty and integrity as possible, such as Collin Powell or even Dr Ben Carson. They would bring as much integrity and honor to the position of president, something that Obama doesn't possess. The fact that they would be a black president would be seen as an accomplishment, but more importantly they would see themselves as a president who was elected to serve the American citizens and work at bringing the US back to the greatness it once enjoyed. I don't think Kennedy saw being the first Catholic president as being his greatest achievement, but being put in the position to lead a country was his greatest achievement.

The only thing that Obama will take with him when he leaves office will be bragging rights for being the first black US president. Other than that, there wouldn't be much to brag about unless he wants to brag about how incompetent he was.

Obviously what you don't see not being important (Obamacare, NSA, Benghai, IRS,, etc) happens to be important to many Americans. Especially when there is a president who is incompetent and a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 03:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Ron Paul is not a Politician, He is a statesmen, the antitheses of a Politician.
Statesmen is another word for politician.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
A statesman is usually a politician, diplomat or other notable public figure who has had a long and respected career at the national or international level.
Politicians lie.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It has nothing to do with lying.

Paul may very well believe he could do all the things he wants if he had the support of congress. The problem is, he wouldnt even if he did have their support.
My previous statement still stands. Politicians lie. The thread is asking the question if Ron Paul would lie to us like Barrack Obama has. The answer is pretty broad as politicians lie. Simple.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Paul is a politician. Lying is part of their occupation. The difference is that he would have been less obvious and less arrogant in his lies. Obama may very well be the most arrogant liar to ever hold office.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:19 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
I used to like him but he seems to spend a lot of time mud slinging on Christie, probably in preparation of being presidential candidate. I am turned off by mud slinging. Political bullying. If you can't run on your own credentials and accomplishments, you shouldn't run.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Me not liking it is irrelevant. The links state the problems the courts found with it. You can try again.
the link says the courts saw a concern,it did not say it was unconstitutional, you are proving my point.

Quote:
Making it worse is certainly not the answer. You are arguing that the guy that has smoked two packs a day and gets cancer should just go ahead and keep on smoking because you can't prove it was the smoking that caused the cancer.
Your analogy is wrong because the premise of your claim is that the drones are making the situation worse, but you honestly dont know if they are or not, and you know for a fact that stopping them wont make the terrorist just quite.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
My previous statement still stands. Politicians lie. The thread is asking the question if Ron Paul would lie to us like Barrack Obama has. The answer is pretty broad as politicians lie. Simple.
No, they dont. I dont even agree with Paul and I think he would tell the truth, i just dont think his ideas would work.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
If you can't run on your own credentials and accomplishments, you shouldn't run.
Credentials and accomplishments? We currently have a president that was elected who had few if any credentials, no accomplishments and no experience. Apparently credentials, accomplishments and experience are no longer a consideration where candidates are concerned.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Of course he doesn't sign off on everything. He has auto signature to do that for him.

What does 2 million fed employees have to do with it? Do they really have the power to spy on leaders of other countries, are behind the IRS scandal, the NSA scandal, Benghazi, F&F, and all the other major issues that have come to light under Obama's administration, without Obama knowing about it and either giving his blessings or signing off on what they were doing. Do they really perform at will? It's his administration, his inner circle that protect him, lie for him, inform him, advises him, that are his downfall. He isn't the least bit embarrassed to stand before the public and repeatedly say: I didn't know. Now, if it's true he didn't know, he's an idiot, and if he did know, which is more than likely, and claimed he didn't, that makes him a liar. Now, he's one or the other. Most think he's both.

As for focusing on the important things? Has he spent the last 3-1/2 years focused on his pet Obamacare which has proven to be a failure. I would think he would be seeing ats this will be part of his legacy. He was asked to delay it for a year. He came out bragging about how the site got over 2 million hits. What he did say is that only 6 people enrolled. The other 1,999,994 went to the exchange to find out what it was about. Today, over 250000 enrolled - mostly on Medicaid because it is subsidized. Because of his damn ingrained arrogance he rolled it out KNOWING, in spite of his claim he didn't) it wasn't ready and it affected millions of people. Yeah, putting his damn ego before the people who are subject to this disaster called Obamacare.

Never in history has any president said "I didn't know" about so many things that have a huge impact as has Obama. President's usually have quotes that follow them through history. I bet at the top of Obama's quotes will be: "I didn't know" and "If you like your plan you can keep it. Period."

As for what you see as NOT being important, that YOU seeing it as not being important. Some people just don't understand what this man is doing, chose to ignore it, and keep licking up his vomit of lies.

One of Obama's problems is that he doesn't embrace that he is the POTUS. He's too busy embracing the fact that he is the first black POTUS. I would have preferred a first black president that was concerned with his own ego, but came to the job with as much honesty and integrity as possible, such as Collin Powell or even Dr Ben Carson. They would bring as much integrity and honor to the position of president, something that Obama doesn't possess. The fact that they would be a black president would be seen as an accomplishment, but more importantly they would see themselves as a president who was elected to serve the American citizens and work at bringing the US back to the greatness it once enjoyed. I don't think Kennedy saw being the first Catholic president as being his greatest achievement, but being put in the position to lead a country was his greatest achievement.

The only thing that Obama will take with him when he leaves office will be bragging rights for being the first black US president. Other than that, there wouldn't be much to brag about unless he wants to brag about how incompetent he was.

Obviously what you don't see not being important (Obamacare, NSA, Benghai, IRS,, etc) happens to be important to many Americans. Especially when there is a president who is incompetent and a liar.
This entire post looks like a copy and paste job.

There is no IRS scandal, that died the second the world found out they targeted both sides of the aisle. The entire argument was over whether or not a "key words" list should exist.

There is no NSA scandal, People have known for years that we spied on the heads of foreign countries, friends and allies.

There is no Benghazi scandal. 4 americans died and the right has failed in trying to make it a political issue.

F&F was never a major issue, the right just wanted it to look like it. You even claimed it was a gun running operation, that even turned out to be false.

and you are telling me you think the President knows the day to day operations of the CIA, FBI, NSA,FCC, NTSB, FEC, and about 400 other individual organizations with thousands of subdivisions. You expect the president to have to know about all of them ??? Then what exactly do we need Secretaries and Directors for ? by your logic, since everyone should be reporting to the president directly anyways, we should just abolish all these positions.

where are you even getting these exchange numbers from ????? the only place i ever saw that 1 number from was some healthcare exec from one company claiming less than 10 people had signed up with his specific company through the exchange website.

the medicaid number is false as well, you do realize that you could just look at the press release and see the numbers right ? or are you still believing every blog that claims to have the "real" numbers ???

I have only hear president Obama speak about his race 2 times in his entire presidency which has been 4 years and 10 months. If you are going to claim he is more worried about being BPOTUS than just POTUS, you need to actually show something that backs up your claim.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Default Would Ron Paul have lied to you like Barack Obama has?

The answer to your question is yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies