Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 03:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Working at WMT does not qualify you for a subsidy. In order to get welfare or subsidies you have to have kids.

Conservatives criticize the welfare system and the people using the welfare system.
Liberals criticize the companies that hire people using the welfare system. Corporations do not have control over their employees breeding patterns though.

My dad has people on welfare working for him (and he is not a min wage employer), but they are not on welfare because they work for him. They are on welfare because they lived beyond their means and had kids that their income does not support.
I agree except for your statement that conservatives criticize the welfare system and the people using it. Our welfare system before Barack Obama was a "welfare to work" system, and it was very successful. Barack Obama's policies ended that, and because of his mishandling of our economy, and millions of people becoming unemployed (and this is largely because of ObamaCare), the number of people on welfare has skyrocketed. Obama's policies encourage people to remain on welfare rather than seek work, because it rewards them for not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, they need some new government regulations and a union!
No, they don't need a Union!

Want to see prices skyrocket? I hope you make enough money to be able to afford to pay more.

Unions force wages higher than they should be for the job being done. Everybody pays for that. It's like the button pushers at the GM plant (and I have taken the tour and seen it) who make $40/hr. One of our 4-H members who worked for GM (pushing the buttons in the paint dept.) arranged the tour for our club. He famously said, "If I push the wrong button, that car gets painted the wrong color!" For that, he is paid $40/hr!!!

That's what Unionization does. And the price of your car reflects it.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Go to the Christianity threads and read the numerous posts by conservative Bible Thumpers who believe only Christians should be helped. And only if they have a job.

Turns out they don't even believe in private charity.
Baloney. Your first statement is untrue, and Christians do believe in private charity. You are a 'knownothing'. That you hate Christians, shows.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No. Because you have yet to show me how this solves the problem of hunger in the long term.

Oh, wait. You don't care about the long term, right? As long as you get a little feel-good story at Thanksgiving, you're happy that it's all good. To hell with hungry children the rest of the year! You're just sure.
That somewhere, some church or Girl Scout troop or something is solving all the ills of the world!

PS. Do Let me know how admonishing poor women to keep their legs closed also feeds the hungry children we already have. Because I know that's the next talking point in your repertoire.
Wow, you are really an angry person!

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-19-2013 at 07:52 AM..

Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why not look at the employees instead of Walmart.
Walmart hired them; they applied to Walmart.
If they don't like the min wage salary they are free to quit and go elsewhere.
FF/retail has a 75% turnover rate.

You're all acting like these are slave workers making no money.
This is the US folks.
Walmart, just like Target, Kohl's and Macy's is doing nothing wrong and are following all the laws.
Why do conservatives always blame workers and never anyone else. Does anyone see this as indicative of how Wal-Mart treats its workers?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:38 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Why do conservatives always blame workers and never anyone else. Does anyone see this as indicative of how Wal-Mart treats its workers?
Why do lefties ALWAYS blame others?

obama is a prime example.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do lefties ALWAYS blame others?

obama is a prime example.
I don't know. Why do conservatives? Nothing a business owner or a wealthy person does is EVER wrong. Ever. They're practically incapable of doing wrong. It's ALWAYS some working class person or employee. They're ALWAYS at fault in the conservative universe.

Perhaps Wal-Mart should realize that if they paid their employees a decent (not necessarily a "living wage") then they may not have to hold a food drive in the first place. Just a thought.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I don't know. Why do conservatives? Nothing a business owner or a wealthy person does is EVER wrong. Ever. They're practically incapable of doing wrong. It's ALWAYS some working class person or employee. They're ALWAYS at fault in the conservative universe.

Perhaps Wal-Mart should realize that if they paid their employees a decent (not necessarily a "living wage") then they may not have to hold a food drive in the first place. Just a thought.
It must be decent enough for some employees...the ones making contributions.
Maybe it is the living circumstances of the ones for whom it's not 'decent'', ya' think?

Old 11-19-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It must be decent enough for some employees...the ones making contributions.
Maybe it is the living circumstances of the ones for whom it's not 'decent'', ya' think?
Again, there you go. Always making assumptions about people who don't make much money yet still are working...the working poor. Always assuming it's the EMPLOYEE'S fault. Always. You prove my point.

Conservatives.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It isn't always easier to blame the poor. It's easier to blame the rich. That's what liberals have been getting elected on for decades. Rich people aren't paying their fair share. Rich oil companies are ruining the environment. Rich insurance companies are dropping sick people from their policies. Rich banks aren't loaning out enough money. Rich companies are hoarding money instead of hiring people Any of this sound familiar? It's always easier to blame the poor? Come on.
And it's good to be rich.

I wouldn't give those entitlement azzhats a nickle. Let 'em whine! They'll never make anything of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies