Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 09:02 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,536,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
George Zimmerman arrested after domestic dispute with girlfriend... not ex-wife that was two months ago.

George Zimmerman arrested for domestic violence - Orlando Sentinel

I am so not surprised. Not even a teensy weensy bit! We will be hearing a lot from George Zimmerman as long as his sorry self walks the face of the earth. And none of it will be good.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:27 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canceltriplea View Post
What juvenile thugs did he have a problem with? Only problem I've ever heard about was him harassing an unarmed kid who was minding his own business, talking on the cellphone with his girlfriend while walking back to his father's house. What juvenile thugs have you heard about? When did it happen? I must've missed it.
I see you need to be told that the post was sarcasm. You definitely missed it.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,712,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I have to say, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in his trial only because there were no real witnesses and a few other issues in the trial.

I regret that. A pattern of behavior is well established now.
I thought the same thing, and now I'm thinking that something is seriously wrong with this man.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Tinytrump, I'd like to rep you for more than one post on this thread, but can't rep any of them because I have to spread some. D-Towner, please note that the final observation in my earlier post was that it would be unreasonable to expect Zimmerman to just lie there and not defend himself just because someone might understand how a teenager might do what Martin did. My praise for Tinytrump's earlier post and those couple of posts by PedroM was mainly about the fact that those posts stood out for their thoughtfulness and insight in the middle of all the sniping that has gone on so much on threads about Zimmerman.
IMO, you're all stupid for going this far of topic professing his innocence or guilt in the PAST PEOPLE, THE PAST. Please get with it, his most recent clash with the law and his new criminal charges.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,199,503 times
Now that Zimmerman is showing his true colors, I wonder how long it will take the media to refer to him as just Hispanic and not "white Hispanic."

I always thought that the Martin case was about an idiot vigilante gunning down a wannabe thug kid.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,539,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yby1 View Post
Now that Zimmerman is showing his true colors, I wonder how long it will take the media to refer to him as just Hispanic and not "white Hispanic."

I always thought that the Martin case was about an idiot vigilante gunning down a wannabe thug kid.
The idiot vigilante gunned down a violent 17 year old who was punching his face into concrete. He was justified in killing Trayvon Martin.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
IMO, you're all stupid for going this far of topic professing his innocence or guilt in the PAST PEOPLE, THE PAST. Please get with it, his most recent clash with the law and his new criminal charges.
Well NoJiveMan, I must agree with you. If he assaulted his pregnant girlfriend, he must be punished.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
This will go on, and on, and on- I simply tried to show the "kid's" point of view.. and DTowner...I have two very well respected law abiding men who provide for their families and do what is expected. My 3rd son is in heaven, he was killed by an idiot driver and as to "law" enforcement-- ha-ha you would be so surprised to know what I know and why. But I'll leave it there. Zim, might have thought he was doing the right thing and found trouble carrying out HIS agenda,,, nobody knows WHY they finally got into the physical altercation- really nobody knows- maybe both were just spooked once they went face to face. When you all get the video. let me know, the rest is speculation. Zim saw him walking and talking on a Phone --nothing more, and he assumed the worst. End of story can't change it- now only thing left is to see how Zim lives his life and exposes his character.
I'm very sorry that you lost a child. I sincerely hope that you will change your stance just like the rest of the people who type this nonsense about Trayvon Martin being murdered in cold blood. If you're loved one was being attacked by 17 year old and beaten into concrete (on the verge of death) and they had a weapon, I'm certain that you'd want them to defend their life.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 AM

35,742 posts, read 21,110,055 times
quote( If you're loved one was being attacked by 17 year old) this part is speculation- in my AOR we have alot of unanswered questions-we do NOT know who initiated the altercation- who provoked? Did Zim identify hismelf as a person who belonged there? This is a case in which both overreacted, Zim knows, and he is struggling. The trial came and went, and the questions were never addressed. It was all about why ZIM shot his weapon- not what led up to it. To me intent makes a difference, he was scared, and he shot -- what if the boy had lived? would the case still be in favor of Zim? God knows all- Zim only knows his side- we really dont know. we were not there.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
Quote:
Somehow in your quest to STILL defend this idiot...you completely and willfully ignored the most important facts:
He was not in any way, shape or form acting in any official or elected capacity to have approached him.
He was part of the neighborhood watch. Do you find the fact that neighbors will volunteer to drive around and report suspicious behavior offensive?

This was a neighborhood that was experiencing a crime wave in home break-ins.

I would not want to live in a neighborhood where residents could care less as to what was happening. I like living in such a neighborhood, not one where a woman can be screaming her lungs out while being raped and nobody even calls the police (which has happened).

Quote:
2.) Zimmerman called the cops and THEY told him NOT to leave his car or approach Martin. Right there he defied standing orders from the police.
Zimmerman called 911 and spoke to a dispatcher, not the police. The dispatcher asked him several questions.

Let's take a look at the transcript ( Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police ):

Dispatcher, "Just let me know if he does anything, ok."

Dispatcher, "Just let me know if he does anything else."

Dispatcher, "He's running? Which way is he running?"

How exactly do you answer these questions if you aren't watching him?

You say the police told him not to leave his car? No, that is a lie.

Dispatcher, "Are you following him?"

Zimmerman, "Yeah."

Dispatcher, "Ok, we don't need you to do that."

Wow, how about that, the police never said they wanted Zimmerman to remain in his car. He said he'd follow Martin, and the dispatcher said they didn't NEED him to do that - he was not required for him to follow Martin.

You might actually want to familiarize yourself with what the facts are.

Quote:
3.) What was so urgent that GZ felt the need to defy the police and take it upon himself to play Rent-a-Cop?
He NEVER defied the police. Once again, you need to actual familiarize yourself with the facts and not post your opinion as fact when you are completely wrong.

Quote:
4.) If one of your kids were outside and gotten approached by some strange man who claimed he killed them in self defense after the police told him not to approach how would you feel?
Hurt broken.

How would you feel if you had a child who had raped a child and was shot by the police while your son was stabbing that child?

It is a FACT that Zimmerman did not walk up and shoot Martin. It is a FACT, based on witness testimony and ballistics, that Zimmerman shot Martin as Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him after already breaking his nose. It is a FACT that the ME report showed no defense wounds on Martin. It is a FACT that Martin had bruised knuckles and Zimmerman did not.

Don't pretend like Zimmerman just walked up and shot Martin, that isn't even close to what the FACTS show.

Quote:
5.) Would you not fight for your life against someone chasing you trying to take it?
So, let's say that your plan is to murder the black kid you didn't want in your neighborhood. Would you plan be to call the police and wait long enough for them to possibly arrive before shooting him? Would you plan be to somehow figure out a way for him to first break your nose and then get on top of you beating your head into the pavement before shooting him? If so, wow, what an incredibly stupid plan.

Not a single solitary piece of evidence or testimony contradicts that Martin attacked Zimmerman on the way back to the car. Every piece of evidence fits Zimmerman's story that he called the police when a stranger was walking around in a suspicious manner in a neighborhood with crime problems, he called the police, he kept watching Martin waiting for the police to arrive, he lost track of Martin and exited his vehicle to see where he went, on the way back Martin attacked him by breaking his nose and beating his head into the ground and he fired a SINGLE shot to defend himself. If that is indeed what happened, I feel that Zimmerman did what any reasonable person would do, and not a single solitary piece of evidence contradicts that.

When the FBI did an exhaustive investigation of Zimmerman, they did not find any indications of racism in his past.

Quote:
6.) If some man tried to forcibly stop you...you're going to do it?
If a man forcibly stops me by breaking my nose, jumping on top of me and beating my head into the ground, I'm going to do exactly what Zimmerman did and stop the attack by any means necessary.

------------

So, first, you may actually want to familiarize yourself with what happened (the evidence, testimony and transcript), since you clearly seem ignorant on the situation. After that, you might want to ask yourself what you would do if someone went MMA on you as you tried to make your neighborhood a better place.

IMHO, it certainly appears that Zimmerman is a scumbag. But even a scumbag can do the right thing in a specific instance. In the Martin situation, scumbag Zimmerman did the right thing (as indicated by the evidence, testimony and transcript).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies