Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:34 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Why don't you discuss the topic and not what other peoples opinions are? You're obviously flaming and trolling, again.
LOL....and you are discussing the topic? What a hypocrite....

I guess when you have been proving wrong (like most lefties) you run and cry somethng....Ohh look you did just that....flaming and trolling....LOL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 05:09 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Even shooting at the tires could put the children in danger.

Lock her away AND fire the officer.
Exactly, I would love to see the police procedure that indicates it is a good idea to shoot at a car full of kids driving away. I don't know why the second police cruiser didn't block her van. The mother should get some jail time for putting herself and children at risk, the cop who fired his gun should be fired.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:31 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL....and you are discussing the topic? What a hypocrite....

I guess when you have been proving wrong (like most lefties) you run and cry somethng....Ohh look you did just that....flaming and trolling....LOL....
You said I was coddling, I don't believe you know the true meaning of the word "coddle".

Go and hug a rogue cop's leg, and see how far you get with that. Since you love cops so much.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:33 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Exactly, I would love to see the police procedure that indicates it is a good idea to shoot at a car full of kids driving away. I don't know why the second police cruiser didn't block her van. The mother should get some jail time for putting herself and children at risk, the cop who fired his gun should be fired.
Hey, life is cheap, the driver owed what? $171.00 ??!! that's enough to kill for.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yep. I fail to see how anyone could think otherwise. Yes, the woman chose a course of action that certainly showed no intelligence. Just as the cop with the stick and the one who fired his weapon did. From what I saw cop the cops actions, I'm glad I'm not depending on these clowns to have my back in a hot situation.

The scuffle with the kid surely exacerbated things, particularly since the kid got the best of the cop. Seems to me, a "highly trained" officer of the law, should have been quite capable of taking down a 14 year old boy. They DO train for such things...yes? When I worked juvenile probation, we sure did. Brains over brawn was highly stressed.

This is what I saw a lack of here. Rational thinking, which a cop should be consumate at doing. Trying to break the window with the stick was just...silly. Most cops have a multi tool or folding knife on them that has a window breaker on the butt end. The work knife I carry, daily has one. One firm, sharp backhand rap shatters auto glass like an egg. Instead, he flailed away with a nightstick like something out of Braveheart.

At that point, sheesh, I almost don't blame the woman for driving away again. Then, being shot at would have cemented my foot to the floor.

Yes, she started the whole mess, and needs to answer for her acgions, no doubt. However, the cops need to pony up for how they let this get away from them so bad as well.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
The son is why this gravitated as much as it did. Not surprised the cops used the amount of force they did. They should have beat the living **** out of that kid.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You said I was coddling, I don't believe you know the true meaning of the word "coddle".

Go and hug a rogue cop's leg, and see how far you get with that. Since you love cops so much.
I know what coddling means, just look at your postings and you will find the definiation of coddling.

Well, it appears that you have lumped all cops as rogue, so I guess that means you are right and all cops are like that cop who shot....I mean, it has to be the cops, right, the mother DID NOT drive off TWICE...and the cop WAS NOT attacked by the kid....

So, you are right, they are rogue...because of that...

Old 11-21-2013, 06:39 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know what coddling means, just look at your postings and you will find the definiation of coddling.

Well, it appears that you have lumped all cops as rogue, so I guess that means you are right and all cops are like that cop who shot....I mean, it has to be the cops, right, the mother DID NOT drive off TWICE...and the cop WAS NOT attacked by the kid....

So, you are right, they are rogue...because of that...
Yes, the mother drove off twice and she deserves to be locked away for it. But the officer still fired a weapon at a vehicle filled with kids, one of them as young as 6.

They were both wrong and both put young and innocent children at risk.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Yes, the mother drove off twice and she deserves to be locked away for it. But the officer still fired a weapon at a vehicle filled with kids, one of them as young as 6.

They were both wrong and both put young and innocent children at risk.
I have said that many many times in this thread, I agree with you.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:44 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
The son is why this gravitated as much as it did. Not surprised the cops used the amount of force they did. They should have beat the living **** out of that kid.
The kid did escalate things, yes. However, at 14, if you saw someone, anyone, getting physical with your Mom, how do you think your adolescent brain would work? The kid should ha e been, quickly, taken down and restrained. Tbis would have stopped all this nonsense before it went nuclear. Beating tbe tar out of a 14 year old? No, not recommended. Not in this situation. Spray would have been my first choice. OC generally gains cooperation of rank people, fairly effectively. A tasing? Yea, I coulda bought off on that here to.

But, from what I see here, the cop wasn't THINKING. They, consequently, lost control of the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies