Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times

Advertisements

Obviously the OP wants us to think that if you get rid of guns you end domestic violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I didn't get that from reading the article.

It's obvious that if there is a weapon in the house it will be more deadly for the abuse victim than if the abuser has no weapon.
To a physical abuser anything can become a weapon..hammer, lamp, kitchen knife.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,441,266 times
Because while guns don't kill people, they make killing much easier.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
20 times more likely to be killed!

Anyone, who is in a relationship with a partner with a gun needs to consider this:

Another factor that indicates lethality:

-- He abuses his partner during pregnancy.

Signs almost always precede deadly domestic violence cases
desperate much?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obviously the OP wants us to think that if you get rid of guns you end domestic violence.
Seems the OP knows nothing about mental manipulation.......it can be done with ANY item.

Total thread fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
desperate much?
It's more of a sign of weakness and liberal depression!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:04 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

You can take the gun out of the equation, but you can't eliminate the bad boy groupie mentality that draws these women to prison inmates, illiterate hood rats and violent drug addicts.

Without brain dead women actively seeking out the lowest form of sewer slime to attach themselves to, there is no domestic violence.
Wow, this is wrong on so many levels. Only prison inmates, illiterate hood rats and violent drug addicts beat their wives or girlfriends?

You obviously have no understanding or knowledge of the dynamics or types of people involved in that type of relationship.

I was in one for 15 years; it took me five of those years just to get away without being murdered. And, yes, he held a gun to my head toward the end of our 'relationship'. Luckily for me and my children I managed to get away safely, but it was never a sure thing. Even more than 20 years later I don't feel safe, and the flashbacks are a ******.

'He' was a well educated (masters degree) person.

Oh, yeah, I am not brain dead. And if you think that if these people had no wife/girlfriend they wouldn't be violent, well, you're delusional. Just LOVE that 'blame the victim' mentality!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:05 AM

What I'm seeing in this thread is that conservatives seem to be unconcerned that domestic abusers are allowed to own guns.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:05 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
The only point I can derive from the OP is that women should not live with violent men, and vice versa.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:07 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
What I'm seeing in this thread is that conservatives seem to be unconcerned that domestic abusers are allowed to own guns.
What I see is at least one liberal (you) who has a problem understanding that a person is innocent until proven guilty. And if proven to be a guilty felon, are not allowed by law to own a firearm. Domestic abusers are afforded the opportunity to defend themselves in a court of law just like anyone else. So, if not proven to be a felon, what's your angle here?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What I see is at least one liberal (you) who has a problem understanding that a person is innocent until proven guilty. And if proven to be a guilty felon, are not allowed by law to own a firearm. Domestic abusers are afforded the opportunity to defend themselves in a court of law just like anyone else. So, if not proven to be a felon, what's your angle here?
No, mental illness should be a reason for a person to be denied the right to own firearms, and a domestic abuser is suffering from mental illness. It's up to the state to determine that and confiscate the abuser's weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies