Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Perhaps because Obama has shown a continued preference for lying about any and everything.

Why should he be believed on these subjects?
Why should we believe the guy who does to church, had his daughters baptised, eats pork, calls himself a Christian, etc. is telling the turn about not being a Muslim? When you put out like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 AM

582 posts, read 779,134 times
I'm also tired of the race card and those that use it at the drop of a hat. I also believe that 95% of the treatment that Obama is getting he deserves. However, the reported did ask her directly about if she thought if race was a factor in how people treated Obama. For a minority of the people, Obama being black is an issue, so it doesn't surprise me that Oprah would have thought that some of the treatment of Obama is racist in nature. As for Obama being called a liar during a speech and it showing disrespect for the office lets take a look at that. A representative called out during the speech. Afterward his actions were condemned by many republicans. He also apologized. Bush in turn was boo by many Democrats for suggesting social security needed to be fixed. There were no Democrats that condemned the action, nor were there any apologies.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:29 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That was part of his 2008 campaign promises.
So yes, before he got sworn in.
Again, he is being faulted for inaction after he got sworn in. Your position makes no sense.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
I give Oprah respect for answering truthfully, something many people in her position avoid like the plague.
As for her answer? It's how she feels and it seems many like her feel that way as well. Could she have avoided all controversy and given a non answer? Sure but everyone would know it's a non answer or a lie if you will.

What's the problem? Don't like the message or the messenger? I'm sure and her "buddies" don't like many/most of the things conservatives say/do right?
Don't forget "O" has been frozen out of the administration since the election ended. Talk about ungrateful so-and-so's.

My personal opinion of what she said is that it saddens me that she (and others of her ilk) think so poorly of those that oppose this president and his agenda and can only voice the argument of race as the reason for the opposition instead of realizing that there's substantial reasons based in fact and ideology for it.
It's an old,tired charge that demeans those that have suffered actual racism not to mention the word isn't being used correctly to begin with.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think it goes without saying that there are very minor elements of racism involved in the opposition to Barack Obama. Likewise, there were very minor elements of racism involved in the opposition to George W. Bush and every other previous President in modern times as well.To say that there is **some** racist undertones is stating the obvious.

What Oprah was trying to convey is that she believes that Barack Obama has faced relentless racism from the opposition. No level of hedging on her part can water down the fact that she truly thinks that the President is disliked for his race, and not his policies.

And then you folks come along and defend her as if she didn't actually assert that racism is a major factor from those that dislike the President? That's exactly what she asserted through semantical contortionism.

That's why we don't take you seriously.
Hmmm, so although she stated what she said, you're going to go further and tell us what she really meant to say. Sounds like you're the one playing the race card.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why should we believe the guy who does to church, had his daughters baptised, eats pork, calls himself a Christian, etc. is telling the turn about not being a Muslim? When you put out like that...
Exactly. Anyone who knows anything about the Islam faith would know that to pretend to be Christian is NOT gonna happen.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,528,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The guy said some of the treatment of Obama (and only a liar would not admit that at least some of his treatment is because of his race).
I wouldn't care if the prez was purple with yellow polkadots if only he did his job properly. Runaway spending, massive unemployment, sluggish economy, etc. Then there are those other moments, "If I had a son", " The police acted stupidly", "You can keep your plan".

Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This is so true lol! Fox is ALWAYS bringing up race and a lot of conservatives in general do this IRL.....
So...you watch Fox all the time?

Old 11-19-2013, 07:46 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Again, he is being faulted for inaction after he got sworn in. Your position makes no sense.
Your failure to understand a very simple statement makes no sense.

What was said was that he started lying before he ever got sworn in.

He said, during his campaign, that he would close Gitmo.

It would appear that Gitmo is still open.

Therefore, what he said during his campaign, is a lie.

To make that any easier for you, I would have to resort to ABC blocks, and pop up books.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 AM

872 posts, read 827,833 times
Quote:
You are so off base that it's scary. BTW, there was nothing said about a major factor in the opposition of Obama. The guy said some of the treatment of Obama (and only a liar would not admit that at least some of his treatment is because of his race). Perhaps you should listen fully before you form your opinion.

Let's be fair, some people only voted for Obama, because of his race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies