Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Recently opened a new one in Minnesota and never had it before.

I am center-left, and I dont see gay marriage as a problem. I won't march in a parade, I won't get in your face over it, I won't change your opinion on it, I'll keep it to myself and vote for gay rights when I can. That's the extent of my support for gay marriage.

I am aware Chick-fil-a is not for gay marriage.
I am aware Chick-fil-a donates to anti-gay causes.

Am I a hypocrite for going to chick-fil-a and eating there food?
Of course not.

Even deluded people live in actual reality, despite their denials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
You have likely never been to a new chick-fil-a. I went my first time recently, and I couldn't believe how nice the place was, how nice the employees were, and how great the food is there.
Yep. The employees are clean-cut and very polite. No cellphones, baggy pants, or extreme haircuts and piercings.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM

468 posts, read 1,541,040 times
Are you aware of what every single company, whose products you buy on a regular basis, believes in and supports?

Chick-fil-a is a faith based company. They have every right to spend their money supporting their beliefs just like you do. Not allowing them that right would make you a hyprocrite. Eat there, or don't. Your choice.

When you walk into a Chick-fil-a restaurant does the person behind the counter say, "Hi, Welcome to Chick-fil-a. Are you gay?" No, they don't.

Before you single out one company maybe you should research every single company whose products you purchase, and see if they are 100% on par with what you believe.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
If you have no issue eating there, then go ahead.

I have a friend that went to CFA, and felt the need to apologize profusely to me, because she knows that I don't eat there. It would have been funny, except she was actually very upset over the thought she was somehow hurting me. I couldn't care less if she, or anyone else, eats at CFA. I, personally, choose not to.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Yep. The employees are clean-cut and very polite. No cellphones, baggy pants, or extreme haircuts and piercings.
Good Christian people.....the kind of people liberals think are dangerous to this country.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post

Before you single out one company maybe you should research every single company whose products you purchase, and see if they are 100% on par with what you believe.
I agree with this statement which is why I do not in general support boycotts.

However, this case is a little different as profits were being directly sent to hate groups...literally money you spent actively FUNDED the anti-gay people and their activism. So it's a little different than just people and their opinions.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
No truth to that and to the extent that there MIGHT be some truth to it, no more than a tiny bit might be true.

CFA in Tucson (the closest one to my home) has kids that look like kids that work in any other fast food joint.

It's not as if the average person has extreme haircuts or piercings anyway. And it's pretty hard to have baggy pants if the CFA is issuing the clothing.

Regardless, what would it matter anyway? As long as the food is good, what difference does piercings and baggy pants make?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Good Christian people.....the kind of people liberals think are dangerous to this country.
I have a pic of this guy...
Attached Thumbnails
Hypocritical for someone who is center-left like myself to go to Chick-fil-a?-1269894973bent.gif  

Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ehhh...who do you think wears piercings, baggy pants, extreme haircuts, and carries cellphones in a country where damn near everyone is Christian?

Muslims?

Geez...you guys are gushing so much that you're starting to babble. Calm down and assess what the hell you're saying. CFA doesn't have a religious views litmus test that i know of.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No truth to that and to the extent that there MIGHT be some truth to it, no more than a tiny bit might be true.

CFA in Tucson (the closest one to my home) has kids that look like kids that work in any other fast food joint.

It's not as if the average person has extreme haircuts or piercings anyway. And it's pretty hard to have baggy pants if the CFA is issuing the clothing.

Regardless, what would it matter anyway? As long as the food is good, what difference does piercings and baggy pants make?

I want to be entertained when I go out to eat!

Burger King Ad (1974) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies